Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Mouse Buttons (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4713)

Ultragames 23-03-2003 09:13 AM

Mouse Buttons

I will be getting a new mouse here very soon. The mouse I am getting has 8 buttons. Now, i know that Windows asigns actions to the buttons automaticaly.

So, lets say, the thumb button. What I want, is that the thumb button switches from one window to another, (Windows standard) but when in Maya, it serves as the 'Alt' button.

How may i set this up, inside maya, i possible.
Thanks in advance for any help and research.

BTW: The mouse is the new wireless Logitech MX700.
The model found here but wireless.

d24e 24-03-2003 02:19 AM

I have the dual optical from Logitech (4 buttons seems more than enough to me)
Maya doesn't recognize the thumb button. Maybe there is a way that I haven't found out though.

Emo 24-03-2003 02:20 AM

yeah, Ultragames, I want to get the same mouse very soon.... tell me how it handles maya and overall

-Emo

Ultragames 24-03-2003 02:40 AM

Emo: Went into Office Depot, and help the mouse for a min. The ergonomics are incredible!! As a right hander, it is the perfect mouse ergonomicaly. That, plus is its new large image sensor, and faster information transfer for gamers, i can't wait!!

Anyone know how we can get Maya to recognize extra buttons?

Emo 24-03-2003 03:20 AM

yeah I've held the mouse before at office depot and it feels great!!!

about maya, well I dont know if that's gonna be possible...never know though

-Emo

Ultragames 24-03-2003 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Emo
and it feels great!!!
Sounds so wrong, but it is O' so right.

ROFL:D

Emo 24-03-2003 05:53 AM

lol o shut up.... i knew it was gonna get quoted the wrong way :D

-Emo

Ultragames 24-03-2003 08:21 AM

lol. Sorry. I had to do that. I wouldn't expect any less if I posted that. :D :D ;)

kbrown 24-03-2003 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by d24e
I have the dual optical from Logitech (4 buttons seems more than enough to me)
Maya doesn't recognize the thumb button. Maybe there is a way that I haven't found out though.

I (think I) have the same mouse. All I had to do was to intall logitech's own mouseware drivers and with those I can configure the thumb button to be whatever I like. Currently I have it as an Enter key...

Ultragames 24-03-2003 11:34 PM

Enter key. . . why? ;)

Yeah. I know how to set up the buttons to do things. But I want them to be one thing when just in windows, and another thing when in maya.

Windows: Copy
Maya: Alt

Windows: Scroll Down
Maya: Repeat Last Function (g)

understand?

d24e 25-03-2003 08:08 AM

Kbrown, I installed those drivers a few windowinstalls ago. Then I was still using 3ds max and it didn't work the way I wanted.
Maybe I'll give it a try later for Maya.

kbrown 25-03-2003 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ultragames
Enter key. . . why? ;)
Well, it's just my preference. Quite many tools in maya needs pressing enter to complete the command. The enter key is too far to the right on the keyboard; My left hand is mostly on the left side of the keyboard and I'm too lazy to move it to the other side just to press enter :p

mumbojumbo_13 25-03-2003 12:34 PM

ooh i want that mouse here i am like a sucker using both hands on the keyboard :(

BabyDuck 25-03-2003 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mumbojumbo_13
ooh i want that mouse here i am like a sucker using both hands on the keyboard :(
oh cool i wish i could model only using the command prompt :p

Ultragames 25-03-2003 09:49 PM

haha.

Hey, there is a program out there called POV Ray (i think) that uses only its own coding language to model. The only visuals you have, are the final render. :eek: :rolleyes: :confused: