Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   bear head (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10653)

kazama 26-02-2004 10:27 PM

bear head

1 Attachment(s)
This is the head of a bear that I'm doing at the moment, and if you guys can help me with some coments it would be of great help. I put an image of the low poly object an the smooth one. I start the head yesterday and start downloading pics of bears because I dont have a clue how a bear looks, anyway I come with this shape, so what do you think guys

kazama
raularosemena@hotmail.com

flib 26-02-2004 10:39 PM

Good effort so far!

Regarding the model itself, bear's ears are generaly shorter that and more wider. Also the face comes to too much of a point and the nose looks a bit odd.

Nice work :)

dragonsfire 26-02-2004 11:24 PM

Nice !! :)
Snout does look a bit like a pig.

kazama 27-02-2004 09:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ok I made some changes to the ears and also make the eyes smaller. Also make the face a little more wider and less pointy. sorry my not to good english. The low poly model has 274 faces. I think thats good because I can make changes very easy...

kazama

dark-link 28-02-2004 02:21 AM

it looks better from the front but needs some work from the side. the snout is a little thin and still looks a bit piggish. the entire head looks a little wide as well. bears tend to have a more rounded head. good job so far.

kazama 01-03-2004 11:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have make the head more round than before and I also work on the snout. I think is better now, what do you guy's think? I'm going to add a little more detail wen I think the basic model is good enough.

kazama

twisteddragon33 02-03-2004 02:03 AM

I think the ears shoudl be a little more towards the front of the head. It also pinches to much at the edge of the lips and the head seems a little flat on the side. MAke the head width a little smaller and puff the cheaks out more. Make the top of the nise a little wider and it shoudl look nice. looking forward to more progress shots.

kazama 02-03-2004 10:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the head after some changes on the ears, cheaks, and also the nose. I think the head was to large, so I make some changes on that too. What do you think, It looks better or not.

kazama

Waki 03-03-2004 04:30 AM

The snout looks a bit monkey-ish

kazama 05-03-2004 10:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just want to show you guy's the geometry of my model

kazama

MainlineX 05-03-2004 11:49 PM

Nice..Keep it up!

kazama 12-03-2004 06:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have make my base texture for the bear head, I'm not really good add doing textures , but I have to make them, right?.
I put the image for you guy's to see it
The problem is that I'm triying to put some fur on my model but the base color and the tip color don't seem to get my texture, I just clik my texture with the middle mouse and drag the texture to those atributes, right? but wen I render the model the fur comes out black and white, anybody nows what I'm doing wrong.

kazama

anita 16-03-2004 03:47 AM

that is the cutest thing ever .!!!its so nice

kazama 16-03-2004 07:56 PM

Thank you anita, I'm glad you like it, maybe you can ask someone about my problem with the fur and help me, please. Because I'm stuck right now.

kazama

troy 16-03-2004 08:33 PM

yup

Yup Nice