Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Navigation Help, Version 2. (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22525)

numerical25 29-07-2006 09:20 PM

Navigation Help, Version 2.

I dont think I explained my issue well enough on the last posting so I rewrote it

Brief Statement:
Im a newb and Im having problems with the navigations. I got the Maya student edition so I didnt get any instruction booklets and I looked everywhere to try to figure this probem out.

The Problem!:
All the sudden the sensitivity in which I zoom has increased. So when I move my center mouse button up once or down once, it zooms in 3x faster then what it usually should zoom in(I slightly move my mouse roller up and it zooms in too fast!). Also my rolling tool (alt - left click) has changed. Instead it drags the scene! (Alt - middle click is suppose to drag the scene not alt - left click) That as well moves 3x faster then usually. Basically everything in prespective view moves way! too! fast and I need to slow it down. How!

Final Thought!
Tutorials teach about Navigation essentials, but they also need to teach about the sensitivity!!!!!!!!

NeoStrider 29-07-2006 09:40 PM

well one suggestion would be to stop using the scroll wheel to zoom. alt + rmb zooms too, ya know. it's also more precise.

as for the alt + lmb dragging problem, the only thing that possibly comes to mind is that the focus of your perspective is no longer the object that you're trying to move the camera around, and so it's rotating just like it should, but the camera's center of interest is in an odd spot so it just seems like it's moving everything... in your perspective (or camera) view, try selecting an object and then pressing the "F" key. this should frame the object and make it the center of interest for your viewport, making rotate act like it should. if that doesn't help, then uhhh... HEY LOOK WHAT'S THAT!?!

*runs away*

mmoore5553 29-07-2006 09:52 PM

if that doesnt work I would try deleting your preference folder and then have maya recreate it and see what happens ...that is just my two cents ..but if you do that you will lose all your personal settings and scripts

numerical25 29-07-2006 10:03 PM

I wish you guys can see this. Its going Wacko!!! lol. Now my left click button adjust my view range. Then shortly after it changed to just rotating my camera upside down and back around again. Its going out of control!!!! My shift button is no longer a select all button. it now turns my cursor into a zoom in and and zoom out button.

numerical25 29-07-2006 10:04 PM

If this helps any, my cursor is now a anchor icon

numerical25 29-07-2006 10:09 PM

Now I dont have to press alt-leftmouse. Now all i have to do is press left mouse and it tumbles. The tumble cursor stays on. This is getting out of hand, Im guess its probably some kinda corruption.

mmoore5553 29-07-2006 10:12 PM

are you sure you have a good mouse ? i would try anther mouse . also scan computer for virus or spyware. delete preferencdes adn tehn if all that fails .unistall and install again.

NeoStrider 29-07-2006 10:40 PM

i'd suggest installing the latest drivers for your mouse.

arran 30-07-2006 12:38 PM

Do you have caps lock on? - sometimes that can mess things up.