Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   my entry (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14036)

dae 21-10-2004 12:45 PM

my entry

1 Attachment(s)
Hello everybody

I am taking part in the CGTalk challenge as well, anyway this is what I am doing

it's nearing the end of the century and Earth has become to small, for the latter half of the century various governments have started creating large machines that convert uninhabitable planets to something a little bit more habitable, before sending out this new technology, the governments of Earth sets up a Council that will deal with issues this new venture shall bring, the Council creates a small but sizeable force that will land scout the targeted planet for any signs of life. This force made up of volunteers from every army around the glode, all ready to embark on this great event that will change mankind forever.

Dae:)

deathwish 21-10-2004 12:53 PM

Nice m8 i like the glow behind the planet - i take it that the sun is going to appear from behind it.....looks like good detail on the planet as well as far as i can see - do you have any more pics?

dae 21-10-2004 01:04 PM

thanks man, this is just my first concept (all photoshop and lunar cell)

yeah thats the sun behind the moon

Dae :)

MainlineX 21-10-2004 03:56 PM

Hey dae, looking good, I wish you the best of luck in the comp. :)

ransick 22-10-2004 06:20 AM

goodluch indeed! I know you are going to nail this one!

dae 23-10-2004 03:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
hello everybody

This is what I have got so far, still got loads to do.

Kerosene 24-10-2004 01:33 AM

Looking sweet, a gud environment is always the key to perfect scene. everything else is just detail. Nice one.

dae 24-10-2004 06:17 PM

update

1 Attachment(s)
done most of the planet surface, added the rocks, still got loads more to add.

twisteddragon33 24-10-2004 08:33 PM

some of the rocks seem to be floating to me. Might just be me though. Could check the shadows maybe. Seem like they should have long thin shaddows coming towards the camera if the light if straight ahead right?

dae 24-10-2004 08:43 PM

thanks twisted

i will check those shadows, dont want flying stones

G-Man 25-10-2004 12:52 AM

i can see what he's sayign there too Dae.. thats pretty bad ass though man.. you're doing a nice job.. Heh wish i coudl turn somethign liek that out.. keep up the work man.. i been atchign this the last few days now.. liek how its progressing..

only thign i see so far is taht shadows bit that was already mentioned..

Legend

dae 25-10-2004 12:52 PM

I think I figured it out, I think it is a problem with the light linking.

dae

murph 25-10-2004 06:37 PM

hey dae, looks really good mate, im doing something really similar at the moment,not a competition thou.
Were the stars done with two layers of noise in photoshop?

there is a good link for eclipses just here

i'll keep and eye out for you in there.. :)

laters dude - Murph

murph 25-10-2004 06:39 PM

in CG - not that link :)

dae 26-10-2004 12:28 PM

hello

1 Attachment(s)
well I have decided to base my main character off one of my old sketches, more to come as soon as get my scanner going

thanks for the link Murph, the stars are a product of Flaming Pears' Glitterato plugin for photoshop