Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Franky (Second Model) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25491)

Perfecto 17-03-2007 05:35 AM

Franky (Second Model)

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my second model. I did the Basic Human Form by Kurt Boutilier. Harder than the Cartoon dog but still not too bad to do. Kurt, your tutorials are well done! Makes learning easy and fun. I will delete the poly clothes and add ncloth once I learn the tools. I LOVE ADVICE!

whiteboy 17-03-2007 05:49 AM

Coming along nicely. Keep us posted.

Perfecto 17-03-2007 06:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a re-render. Member, Jr. Who, gave me some advice on my last thread "Cartoon dog (First Model)". So, I thought I'd apply it here as well.

cassroth 19-03-2007 02:31 AM

Hello
Looks pretty good, i like the style and muscles. But is there any way we can see the topology?

~Cass

gster123 19-03-2007 08:58 AM

Hey ,an, if youve made some poly clothes already then dont delete them as if your going to use Ncloth all you need to to is convert them to n cloth, should work fine then.

Perfecto 19-03-2007 11:53 AM

Thanks gster123 and cassroth. I havn't deleted the poly clothes so I'll give the ncloth a try before I start my next model. I will also post a picture of the topology (assuming that's referring to the wireframe) as soon as I get the chance...sometime this evening I hope.

Perfecto 19-03-2007 06:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my mesh. I still can't get a decent wireframe render so I selected my objects and did a PrintScreen, pasted it into MS Paint and saved it as a .png file. I tried doing a wireframe render with Mental Ray (Contour enabled / Around all poly faces / width 0.4) but the quality is less than poor. I'll keep researching so I can post better wireframe pics.

Perfecto 19-03-2007 06:48 PM

I forgot to mention that I smoothed the wireframe once.

DJbLAZER 19-03-2007 07:14 PM

It's standard to take a snapshot as you did to get the wireframe. However it's usually more interesting to see the unsmoothed wireframe.

Perfecto 19-03-2007 08:20 PM

Thanks for the reply DJbLAZER. I tried to undo the smooth mesh but so far I havn't figured out how yet. Anyway my future mesh pics will be unsmoothed. I've been looking at other peoples meshes and now I understand how powerful a learning tool that can be. Thanks for the tip.

Perfecto 19-03-2007 08:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I converted the poly shirt and shorts into nCloth leaving everything at default settings. I rendered after playing 40 frames. Shirt and shorts look smoother now. I could tweak to make the shirt look more natural but I'm going to focus more on modeling for now.

Tremendous thanks, gstr123, for stopping me from deleting the poly clothes. Now I know how to make nCloth (the basics). I also watched the free cloth tutorial. I think making the clothes in poly and then converting to nCloth will end up being my preference.