Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Reset Maya (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20008)

idomain 25-01-2006 06:35 AM

Reset Maya

Hi,

Does anybody know if it is possible to reset all the functions to its default settings in Maya as in one go rather resetting them one by one?

Thanks.

magicsy 25-01-2006 08:22 AM

File/newscene option box...tick default scene. :)

idomain 25-01-2006 09:40 AM

Great! Thanks for the help magicsy. :)

idomain 25-01-2006 10:16 AM

Heh, I just had a test with it few times, however, this method only as to calling out the same Maya file by default.

But actually, my original question was to try to reset all the Maya Attribute Editor panels to its original settings at once. So I don't actually need to go something like Edit then click Restore Default Settings for every Attribute panels.

magicsy 25-01-2006 10:22 AM

then im not sure maybe a pro can help just wait for it but i think maybe u cant, as when i watch tutorials they always say make sure to reset setting each time u use something manually.

idomain 25-01-2006 10:27 AM

Ahh... That's alright, I thought the same thing that it may has to be set by manually, now that's a confirm...

Thanks again magicsy. ;)

magicsy 25-01-2006 10:37 AM

NP :)

vasvaas 26-01-2006 04:11 AM

re-install maya or restore ur comp.

Pyrus 26-01-2006 11:52 AM

Hi,

If it's all about general settings, then ...
Maya’s Main Menu > Window > Settings and Preferences >
Preferences.
In the Preference Window, go to the Edit menu and select “Restore Default Settings”.

Another solution i saw on the net, without testing it (I would advise someone to confirm this before doing it) would be :
C:\Documents and Settings\YourSessionName\My documents\maya\version#\prefs , and delete .mel files.
(pluginPrefs, userHotkeys, userNamedCommands, userPrefs, userRunTimeCommands, windowPrefs). Assuming these will be reconstructed by Maya at launch.

Third, and the one i'm really relying on is ...
After installing Maya, plugs, additional tools, etc ... then make a copy of both directories :
C:\Documents and Settings\YourSessionName\My documents\maya\
C:\Program Files\Alias\Maya#\
The reason i'm going this way is because , sometimes, Maya crash so badly that prefs files can be completely or partially unreadable. When i got this situtation, i simply copy/paste both these directories. This is equal to what Vas proposed ya, but it takes only 10 seconds this way.
And your plugs are then already ready to use, as all the additional tools. (well, all what you're installing/ or script adding after Maya install)

Hope you'll find solution with one of these ;)

idomain 26-01-2006 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Pyrus
If it's all about general settings, then ...
Maya’s Main Menu > Window > Settings and Preferences >
Preferences.
In the Preference Window, go to the Edit menu and select “Restore Default Settings”.

Great! That's the one I'm suposed to looking for! I'll definitely look into your third option for further reference.

Thanks Pyrus and guys for your inputs! :)

vasvaas 26-01-2006 02:45 PM