Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   March Challenge - Environment - GecT (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35206)

Gen 02-03-2011 12:08 AM

March Challenge - Environment - GecT

So I read the challenge description and something popped and stuck right away. I'm leaning towards a home on a deserted island. A scenario that has transformed into a "well we're probably never leaving this place so might as well be comfy".

bullet1968 02-03-2011 05:33 AM

hmmmmmm two islands in the comp....Man Friday in nice hut Genny??

Joopson 02-03-2011 06:20 AM

Hmm, inspiration?:
http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/ca...09599999dNMnz6

In other words, I can't wait! I always love what you come up with.

Gen 02-03-2011 06:28 AM

I just noticed THX is doing one as well, damn you, I could've lived in blissful ignorance for a while :P

Lol Andy, Mighty Boosh has to be one of my favorite shows ever!!

bullet1968 02-03-2011 06:31 AM

Sorry Gen...I thought you cottoned on in my reply....he he he he

Gen 02-03-2011 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bullet1968
Sorry Gen...I thought you cottoned on in my reply....he he he he

Ha! I just googled that. Way before my time :spin:

bullet1968 02-03-2011 07:26 AM

bahahahah Im old am I LOL....yes I guess I am.....have a look in Jays thread with the old building links Gen...there might be something in there to inspire?

THX1138 02-03-2011 10:21 PM

Quote:

I just noticed THX is doing one as well, damn you, I could've lived in blissful ignorance for a while
You should still do it. Yours would probably be a whole lot better than mine. I'm not really entering to win this challenge. Just really testing some ideas. So I 'm not really competing with anybody here.

Gen 05-03-2011 06:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by THX1138
You should still do it. Yours would probably be a whole lot better than mine. I'm not really entering to win this challenge. Just really testing some ideas. So I 'm not really competing with anybody here.

Same. I'll probably take desert island thing on another time, there was another person who was going to do it anyway. I need the CG exercise!
------------------

I finally got started and I did some sketches and settled on this idea. Not an island but I wanted some water in there. The models are stand ins of course :). It's pretty much a remote marsh land village. There will be plants, grass, and little dingys and stuff.

Chirone 05-03-2011 08:17 PM

ah, there is some action on this thread!
looks like you angled the camera for this shot, or rotated the world

Jay 06-03-2011 11:59 AM

Nice start Gen

was wondering when it would get going, look forward to the rest.....

J

Gen 13-03-2011 07:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm not abandoning the challenge even though March is being a brat about it. Finally got to dig mah grubbeh mits in and started in on of the shacks.

bullet1968 13-03-2011 08:31 AM

Yes its looking the part now Gen...good to see you are still in it! Not trying to be me (sorry Surveyor mode) the X pieces actually would intersect with the bottom lats...and have another across the top...this gives strength...sorry being a construction boy it springs automatically to mind...good job though mate

cheers bullet

Chirone 13-03-2011 09:04 AM

so howd you place all your planks of wood at the top of the tower and put in all those curves into the building?

Jay 13-03-2011 11:59 AM

Good stuff Gen, the shack's looking nice and rickety.

Chirone, I cant speak for Gen on how she has modeled her shack but if it was me, I would duplicate the parts next to each other, with dupe special, then providing the model had some good division I would throw a lattice deformer around it and pull it around, this way everything will stay in position but become deformed next to one another

Jay