Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   lego Surprise (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6540)

brian_ellebracht 26-06-2003 07:46 PM

lego Surprise

1 Attachment(s)
Guys... I decided to take on a new project with Legos... Its a pretty complicated project to say the least, and this is what i have so far. I made sure I chose something I don't think has been modeled b4 Thanks!
Brian

roach105 26-06-2003 08:06 PM

looking good! is this a motor for a car.

brian_ellebracht 26-06-2003 08:11 PM

Good guess, it is a motor... but not for a car :)
B

drknow 26-06-2003 08:19 PM

The level of detail on those legos is amazing. How DO You Do it, Brian.

EagleKing 26-06-2003 09:05 PM

ARGH..doesn't matter waht you make but everytthing I have seen of you is so detailed..I can't believe it.

a wire please... :P

Forum_snowboarder33 26-06-2003 09:20 PM

just need to tell you guys something... there is no such thing as "legos". There is no plural word for lego.. its just always lego.

brian_ellebracht 26-06-2003 09:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
"There is no plural word for lego.. its just always lego." SHould be there new logo. This stupid chain was p*ssing me off! But I finnaly got it accuarate, kinda hard when you don't have anything but a little bitty pic on a catalog. anyways, gonna go home and work on it more!
Brian

Wires to come

howardporter 26-06-2003 10:44 PM

damn thats good.

brian_ellebracht 27-06-2003 03:07 AM

Thanks Howardporter!! This is becomming more and more difficult. It is so much easier to do this by hand than it is in 3d!! in Real life you can do it step by step, and everything "snaps" together, but in 3d its alot more complicatd, because you have to make sure you are 3 steps ahead in your mind, or else, if you have to chage an angle (like I am having to do) its alot harder to go back and change everything connected to it... Grr.... But on a better note, I am making alot of progress!!! I will post an image in a little bit. Thanks for all your replies!!
Brian

brian_ellebracht 27-06-2003 04:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Frustration is definetly starting to kick in... Grr... anyways, here is an update, still need to fix some things (alot of things)... Thx,
B

brian_ellebracht 27-06-2003 05:37 AM

This is very Challenging... Grr.... This is how I feel right now
:confused: :banghead: :confused: :banghead: :confused: :banghead:

its 12:30 am, I am ready to go to bed, but I need to try and figure this out... Grrr...

twisteddragon33 27-06-2003 05:54 AM

nice motorcycle.

I have all the pices, and i think i have that model too... i should just go in my room and take one of the old models i already acve and model it. Ive4 always loved legos (there is a plural, it sounds wrong if there isnt).

How tdo you make the pices? Poly and just keep going or using another technique?>

M 27-06-2003 05:58 AM

ah, i would of said helecopter motor from the first picture :P. heheheh. Great job so far brian. Once you model all the different lego pieces though, isnt it just like playing lego on maya? LOL, j/k brian. I love that image though that you have above.. how you used the greys and orange is really really artistic and goes nice! the lighter colors in there also match! Is that like a blur technique down by the square piece at the bottom? Anyways, really nice brian.

drknow 27-06-2003 06:06 AM

That is cool. Very realistic. How do you get your porportions to match up. Do you just do it by eye???

brian_ellebracht 27-06-2003 06:08 AM

thanks for the replies. Yep! Its the bike, although I am doing my a little different. You will see what I mean when I get a little further ahead. Yeah, you really don't need as many pieces as you think, once you get a certain amount made, you can allways copy it. Yes M, its kind of like playing legos in Maya. :) but its alot more difficult, like for the chain and a few other parts, like trying to get the right angles can be very annoying. I am glad you like my choice of colors M!! I thought that it was cool looking. Well, back to to model. THanks again,
Brian

now its 1am in the morning.. :(