Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   hourglass model...hhhhhmmmmmm (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35414)

bullet1968 03-04-2011 09:28 AM

hourglass model...hhhhhmmmmmm

3 Attachment(s)
Finished this in a few hours...got bored and needed something to refresh my head for Ramsay continuation this week....I would like to develop this aat some stage...so I havent deleted it yet. No refs...straight out of my skull as usual (yes I am a naughty boy, should use refs). I have to tweek the lights etc and create smoke for the durry...I like it....probably just needs a big mirror and some lights in the frame for an actors drssing table...maybe a few other make up baubles......dunno...the rubiks was a statement for my partner LOL

cheers bullet

daverave 03-04-2011 11:04 AM

Hi bullet
For a few hours work very good, only a few things that catch my eye, the hour glass glass looks solid and the shadow from the glass does not look right fix those and you have the start to a nice little scene...........dave

Chirone 03-04-2011 11:10 AM

increase the light angle and shadows rays on the light that's casting shadows and it should look better i think

bullet1968 03-04-2011 11:25 AM

Thanks guys,

chirone I think I have the light at roughly 40° at present....

dave..yeh it is solid for now...I was trying to work out how to fill it with sand actually..LOL I do have a particle emitter hidden in there..so I left it as solid for the mo'.

I had to do the glass thing from memeory dave LOL I think my eldest boy has usurped my notebook and taken off with the glass render notes...little turd.

Thanks guys..I actually spent about 3 hours at most on it, the rest of the time were render issues..MR again! I really actually like it....its simple and conveys a message I hope...

cheers bullet

bullet1968 03-04-2011 01:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This glass better dave?? will have to find my book and tone the shadows down and make them softer??

cheers bullet

daverave 03-04-2011 04:55 PM

To be honest it now looks a little to thin but you are getting there...........dave

Edit:put a little bump on that fag

Gen 03-04-2011 06:32 PM

You should give the hourglass model some thickness, until then you're going to be stuck between having it look like either a solid glass bulb or a thin plastic bubble.

BasicP 11-04-2011 11:21 PM

Wow I really like, after the same myself! good work! :)

bullet1968 11-04-2011 11:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Basic

Gen, I have thickness mate...but I think I used thin instead of thick...will check

cheers bullet

P.S you post didnt come through on my e-mail Gen..wasnt ignoring anyone...its being funky lately.

gster123 12-04-2011 06:48 AM

Hi Ant,

Make it dynamic, add some nparticles as sand, that would look pretty cool as an animation.

Steve

bullet1968 12-04-2011 07:37 AM

LOL I tried Steve...epic fail...but it was late and I was tired. I do want sand particles in it and the smoke to be a burnin...I thought it would look nice too...something simple yet nice to look at...I dont know why the hourglass came to me...must be thinking of my age and how Im stuck in my job LOL.

I will try to do it mate...cheers bullet

shivanithummala 12-07-2014 06:02 AM

How did u give thickness ti the hourglass

daverave 12-07-2014 01:59 PM

Select the mesh then extrude in.....................dave