Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   February Challenge - Speed Machine (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35055)

Jay 04-02-2011 07:07 PM

Acid: As long as it is your design and doesnt resemble anything we know then fine, you can call it what ever you like, as long nobody makes a recognisable vehicle for example and sticks the odd new part on it, as thats not the idea, this is about using your imagination and free form modelling

hope that clears it up
Jay

04-02-2011 07:49 PM

Ah, gotcha. Gonna go with my other idea then, thanks man

Jay 04-02-2011 07:55 PM

Cool mate, look forward to seeing it

Jay

Jay 05-02-2011 11:15 AM

I will update the thread at some point over the weekend regarding the prize for the best vehicle at the end of the challenge

cheers
Jay

Jay 08-02-2011 07:43 AM

After looking at various concept art of vehicles on the web, the best ones always seem to be of the most simple design..........just something worth bearing in mind too for your designs.

Jay

g.harper 11-02-2011 12:38 PM

Will i be able to have a go at this challenge. I am new to Maya, and quite like the sound of this, no worries if am too late

G

Jay 11-02-2011 02:03 PM

of course you can. but this ha only about 18 days left on the challenge. Good luck. We look forward to seeing your work

Jay

g.harper 11-02-2011 02:29 PM

Nice one, cheers feller

G

tweetytunes 20-02-2011 03:57 AM

The End Is Nigh or so they say ....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay (Post 313785)
I will update the thread at some point over the weekend regarding the prize for the best vehicle at the end of the challenge

cheers
Jay

Jay - this never happened - just wondering, don`t really care about the prize but would never say no if i won ;)

Also do we have a fixed end date yet as the end of the month is creeping towards us and no final deadline has been set.

mastone 20-02-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweetytunes (Post 314566)
The End Is Nigh or so they say ....
.... do we have a fixed end date yet as the end of the month is creeping towards us and no final deadline ...

7 March ....it willl buy me some time hahahah

Jay 20-02-2011 01:34 PM

tweety:

LOL, fibber - we always wanna know what the prize is and it is important so there! - sorry for the delay on that, I've been so busy with work it went over my head, so I'll contact Dave and Nilla on that after this post.

As for the deadline - you really kind of answered that in the fact that its the end of the month. So as its a monthly challenge the end of feb is the deadline. No acceptions this time round. January had an easier challenge with longer time, but it seemed like it went on forever.

Hopefully the next challenge will be announced on the final day as this one so everyone needs to be alert. Also if anyone has more thoughts on a challenge throw them into the correct thread and I'll have a look and mix it up a bit LOL

Mastone: no

J

Jay 20-02-2011 04:40 PM

Should find out about the Prize for the best model soon.

And Monday the 28th feb is the last day so get stuck in and finish those model details. I'll be announcing the next challenge on that day too.

Jay

tweetytunes 20-02-2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay (Post 314590)
tweety:

LOL, fibber - we always wanna know what the prize is and it is important so there!

I let you know that I have only ever got 1 prize (Mike`s wonderful 2nd book) The other two medals was my only prize and I love them just as much.

Not quite sure on what I would like next - A environment one would be cool - something like "build a set from a tv show/film".

A texturing challenge would also be welcome, but I know models would have to be surplied so prep for that would be needed.

THX1138 21-02-2011 10:35 PM

Yeah, an environmental challenge would be great. We haven't had one of those in a long time. Not since Mike was running the challenges.

Jay 21-02-2011 11:49 PM

Okay well I'll see, this one is only my 3rd so.........

Perhaps an environment challenge.......

Jay