Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Shirts (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28803)

The Architect 26-01-2008 07:06 AM

Shirts

Is it me, or are black and grey shirts out of fashion this year?

I've been everywhere and I cannot find a single black or grey shirt. The one or two I do find buried under piles of *gasp* colourful shirts are either several sizes to big or have been trampled on...

I seem to remember just one or two years ago, there were entire stores with half their shirts in black or grey. Maybe I'm imagining things? What's going on with the lack of black and grey shirts?

This isn't good, since I've only got a few grey shirts to live on at the moment!

louis56 26-01-2008 07:36 AM

We are in a grayscale crisis and I didnt even know it!

Usually the black shirts are metal band shirts. But just normal clothing companies, they just don't exist.

Where I live its kinda impractical to have black shirts as black absorbs heat and Australia is known to be hot!

And I have never ever owned a grey shirt. I didn't know they existed!

The Architect 26-01-2008 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by louis56
We are in a grayscale crisis and I didnt even know it!

Usually the black shirts are metal band shirts. But just normal clothing companies, they just don't exist.

Where I live its kinda impractical to have black shirts as black absorbs heat and Australia is known to be hot!

And I have never ever owned a grey shirt. I didn't know they existed!

It's impractical to wear black in Australia? My solution is to always stay near places with plenty of air conditioning. :)

Of course, you sometimes get weird looks out on the street when you are wearing a grey full length sleeve shirt and a black jacket, but meh. ;)

I was in the CBD today and noticed that everyone seemed to be wearing t shirts and the like - no jackets! Guess I must have stood out.

I think I'll start to ration those shirts... every one must last a few years at least, if you break one, give $100 to charity and kick yourself... yes, that's an excellent idea! :)

louis56 26-01-2008 07:55 AM

I think the tough persona is being replaced by metros... NOOOOO!!!!! Now we have blonde guys wearing pink shirts and big yellow sun glasses instead of the studded leather jacket. How gay lol. Bring back the biff!

The Architect 26-01-2008 08:01 AM

:confused: I just happen to like grey and black... and other shades...

I think I got this from that guy in Jurassic Park, you know that one that lights the flare and gets mauled by the T-Rex? Evil brain washing fiction!

And no, I do not write poetry about graveyards... :)

elephantinc 26-01-2008 08:06 AM

theres plently in old blightly
we need all the heat we can get!

The Architect 26-01-2008 08:10 AM

Is there?

A glimmer of hope?

Some Guy 26-01-2008 08:45 AM

Nearly all of my shirts are Black or Grey and i have a black denim jacket, In Aussie too. am i the odd one out?

elephantinc 26-01-2008 11:08 AM

there seems to be in all the shops i go in
but im the kind of guy that buys his cloths from tescos and primark

Rhetoric Camel 26-01-2008 02:56 PM

I have never had to buy clothes, I always just get hand-me-down's so I am not aware of the stores lack of black and gray shirt crisis....

Jay 26-01-2008 07:52 PM

the black T is alive and well here in the good old UK, in fact its all I ever wear. I'd say it was like a cg artists superhero outfit, black T, jeans and or Combats with big Mofo boots to go...except on sunday when I just sit around in my fig leaf playing my saxophone, eat pizza, and do a bit of maya

I was actually shopping with my misses the other week in a well known womans shop here called New Look, they have now launched a range of mens wear and they have black Ts by the bucket load, all pretty good quality too!! get em while they're hot!!

Cheers
J

marlonjohn 27-01-2008 10:31 PM

Quote:

Australia is known to be hot!
Thats true but in Melbourne, we can have 4 seasons in one day... Raining while its sunny outside, Sunny while the next minute its thundering, you name it. Its the wickedist wierd weather ever!

Quote:

Originally posted by Some Guy
Nearly all of my shirts are Black or Grey and i have a black denim jacket, In Aussie too. am i the odd one out?
Yeah pretty much, most of my stuff is black/gray ;)

Quote:

Now we have blonde guys wearing pink shirts and big yellow sun glasses
Reminds me of Corey Delaney that party boy, Haha! ;P

The Architect 28-01-2008 12:41 AM

Oh, yes, Melbourne weather is unpredicatable... I remember on that day we had that strom that flooded everything that it was really warm and sunny at first and than bam! All this rain starts coming down, then hail and thunder + gale force winds. We had plenty of flooding and fallen trees at our place! What fun it was trying to unblock the drains while water is pouring into the garage and creeping towards your house! :)

I was upgrading my computer to Fedora 8 when the power went out too! :)

louis56 28-01-2008 03:16 AM

What the hell marlon. You really mixed up those quotes. Some of them I never said lol.

I also had that ****** corey/torey what ever in my mind when describing that look. He really makes me wanna punch him in the face. Oh well, his 15 minutes of fame will be over soon.

You damn melbourneers!!

Some Guy 28-01-2008 05:21 AM

marlon... got a bit confused me thinks.

I agree about the 4 seasons a day thing, the weather here is screwed up.