Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   IAI Westwind - Aircraft (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10284)

nirsul 07-02-2004 10:27 PM

IAI Westwind - Aircraft

1 Attachment(s)
very early but the shape is there

I-Iybrid 07-02-2004 11:24 PM

Looking good so far Nir. I love the bottom plane reflection. Not familiar with the plane...but on the nose (behind the black tip) all the way to the beginning of the cockpit window, is a crease. If the crease is supposed to be there, then disregard what I just said. :)

nirsul 07-02-2004 11:37 PM

Thanks but there is no crease - it is due to the sampler info node I used for the shader.

the aircraft is an old Israeli developed jet carrier - its newer models (called Astra) were later purchased by Gulfstream.
there are great images here:

Westwind Images

Blueprints are from www.suurland.com

NIR

twisteddragon33 08-02-2004 09:45 PM

wow. that is one incredibly low to the ground plane... But it looks good so far. The windows look a little thint hough. The boarder of them that is.

dave_baer 08-02-2004 09:50 PM

Looks good Nirsul, but I disagree about the reflective plane underneath. Unless you're using it to show details, of which there are none (yet), then it just kinda throws the image (at least for me).

Keep it going. Looking forward to seeing the progress of it. :D

nirsul 09-02-2004 12:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was out of town yesterday but this is wwhta I did before I went away

the reflective floor is only temporary

Alan 09-02-2004 12:56 PM

Quote:

wow. that is one incredibly low to the ground plane
I agree but form looking at the pics it looks about right.

I also agree with the comment about the window frames, they could do with being pushed out a bit more.

I also agree (I'm very agreeable today! ;)) with what dave said about the reflection. It's raytracing for the sake of it and the floor of an aircraft hangar wouldn't be shiny shiny it would be dull and oil stained.

It's got a good shape so far though, is it subdiv or poly only?

nirsul 09-02-2004 01:41 PM

Quote:

It's got a good shape so far though, is it subdiv or poly only?

NURBS only so far

nir

brian_ellebracht 10-02-2004 12:47 AM

not bad! I had to model this when I was working at Flight safty, working on flight simulators..but I was limited to the amount of poly's :( cant wait to see more,
Brian

nirsul 10-02-2004 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by brian_ellebracht
... I had to model this when I was working....

THIS = the Westwind ?

Strange as it is very old and no more in production.

I know that IAI was sold to Gulfstream in 2000.

Thanks for the kudos but I have the lousy 3 views and photos so not manyt details are there.

nir

nirsul 10-02-2004 06:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
some additions

Alan 10-02-2004 06:42 PM

modelling is fine, but turn off the raytracing unti you have a proper environment. It looks lok shiny and really degrades the render :( You could use a simple GI rig just to show us the state of the modelling.

Alan

nirsul 10-02-2004 09:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
he he
I am like a crow - I like my renders shiny :D :D

NIR

twisteddragon33 10-02-2004 11:19 PM

Looks very nice. But what shader/texture setup arre you using to get such shiny slopes?

nirsul 11-02-2004 12:06 AM

if you refer to the red body color - Sampler info applied to the shader (PhongE)