Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Challenge themes! (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22157)

mtmckinley 30-06-2006 03:27 PM

Challenge themes!

What do you want the next challenge to be?

I actually already have an idea for the next challenge, but this is to guage overall interest. :)

MattTheMan 01-07-2006 01:45 PM

i wouldn't mind a nice photoreal interior render competition

killamike718 02-07-2006 08:57 PM

Id like to do Game Character Design, Judged by every aspect (modelling, Texturing, Normal mapping, Specular mapping, Even animation)

pbman 10-07-2006 08:02 PM

brill idea - have a poll before each chalange so ppl cant complain as they should haeve voted

cool:beer:

publicFunction 14-07-2006 01:56 PM

Hi All,

Been busy with the game for a while, but things have slowed down, due to a change in game engine.

So I think I will be more active in the forums again and be ready to attempt the net challenge.

So I think the poll is a gr8 idea, The Man Mountain does it again... :bow:

I would like to see more architucture/enviornment challenges and character. Enviro Art gives a massive scope for light base challenges. Dynamics is a different kettle of fish as its such a complex beast. and not a lot of people know how to use it correctly (that means me :P)

CUAll L8r

pbman 14-07-2006 02:35 PM

i think some environmental s would be nice!!

with the pool if u use it r u goin to run it liike a week or two inadvance of the chalange instead of only a few days?

bangin_man 29-07-2006 01:06 PM

i think modeling weapons would be funny!;)

papalatistudios 16-08-2006 10:42 PM

Definitely characters.

I am persuing a careeer as a game character artist. And any practice would help.

farbtopf 19-08-2006 01:36 PM

characters, -or let's say something that's not already out there. I'm not a big fan of modeling of a photo or somebody elses concept. What's in your head is what counts!
Please no more weapons there's enough of that stuff out there for real, so were's the point?
I loved the creativity some people put in the transformer competition.

tweetytunes 23-08-2006 12:00 PM

Im really gutted I missed the transformer comp, never mind.

I like really open ended challanges like the one currently running as people ideas can be far more out there, but there is the danger of the challanges being more like cg talks (eg "the jurney begins") were the entryies just dont seem to match the challage. so I think a mix of the both would work well.

something like "model yourself in your perfect job" - leaves it to your imagionation as well as
charator modling/texturing/lighting skills.

or lets mix it up abit like

1) charactor with weapon/vecheal
2) character and matching environment/landscape
3) animation of a character and matching environment/landscape

No matter what I`ll think I`ll have to do the next challage as this current one has been great fun and good pratise.

j5ive 30-08-2006 07:22 AM

Environment or non organics for me!

mastone 29-10-2006 05:37 PM

Why place restrictions on what to enter, why not just that everybody sends in his or hers best work in his or her field of expertise.
when i look at stuff people make here i look at how well something is made and if or how it appaells to me

pbman 29-10-2006 05:39 PM

if there as no restrictions there would be no way of judging
not to metion one persons style may not appeal to another even though it is technicall a good well made model

loooooo7 17-11-2006 09:33 AM

brill idea - have a poll before each chalange so ppl cant complain as they should haeve voted

cool

loooooo7 17-11-2006 09:33 AM

cool