Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   My first model car (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22596)

oldhippie_tom 03-08-2006 06:40 PM

My first model car

1 Attachment(s)
Good afternoon. At the suggestion of Falott when he saw the Haunted House I was doing he suggested I try Beveling and maybe SUB-D. I tried a tutorial, I am sorry to say from another company, and I am complete with the model except for a few minor things. I feel very satisfied with how it came out. I need to put it in a scene and to light it. Lighting and rendering are something I need to learn. Any suggestions on learning lighting would be appreciated.

I have also purchased the Car Modeling of a BMW done here by Kurt and I have always enjoyed his tutorials and learned so much.

esion 03-08-2006 07:14 PM

Nice work man...is the color painted a dark red, or is that all reflection of the background?

oldhippie_tom 03-08-2006 07:16 PM

I wanted it a deep red. I had a Monte Carlo that was called Matador Red and like it. The reflection in the sceen and the car is from a sunset picture. Way too red, I know.

And thank you!

Turbo Dan 05-08-2006 06:09 PM

"my mummy" ???

MattTheMan 05-08-2006 07:15 PM

oh, i thought that sunset was a fire/hell scene lol :p

car is pretty good though ;)

Falott 05-08-2006 07:23 PM

hi Tom!

this car is way better than my first car was. infact my first 5 cars where never finished at all. to have a nice rendering of your carpaint reflections is to set up the lightning properly. I have somewhere on my HD pictures of a studio lightning setup from industry photographers. over all its important to enlight the car indirectly with self illuminating planes or spotlights reflecting from surfaces. also the light shouldn´t have very intensive colors. gilberts had done really nice lightning setups for his superb cars.

wait a minute. I´ll have to search for my files.

Falott 05-08-2006 07:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here it is

oldhippie_tom 06-08-2006 12:31 AM

Turbo Dan, yes sometimes she is Mummy!!!

Well sunset from hell kind of does describe it. But I will correct that and that you for liking my model.

Falott many thanks for sending along the stuff on lighting. It was just 3 months ago when you saw my Haunted House that I started modeling. And I am VERY surprised how it came out. And you started me on this journey when you told me I needed to try Beveling and Sub-D. I will look over what you have sent about the lighting and I will give it a shot.

Thanks again for the responses. I truly do appreciate it!!!

oldhippie_tom 06-08-2006 01:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well here is a much better shot of my model. At least you can see the color. Thanks again, and I will study lighting and hopefully improve and do it justice.