Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Thunderbird 2 - The Toy (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17224)

BMS 01-07-2005 08:34 AM

Thunderbird 2 - The Toy

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys,

I just started another project. I'm modelling a Thunderbird 2 Toy. It should be a good test in lighting, because I'll have the actual toy object to compare with.

Lets hope I get this right.

EDIT: OK I think I will have a rest now . . I'm trying to scale and rotate web pages on using the Alt Key and my Mouse :blush: Sad I know.

BMS 02-07-2005 02:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Did a little more on it.

vedic kings 02-07-2005 06:42 AM

Looks good so far:)

Keep it up!

BMS 02-07-2005 08:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks vedic kings,

Finished the top half of the rear engines!

mhcannon 02-07-2005 08:12 AM

Looks like you got some great reference shots. Getting better and better with each project... keep 'em coming.

BMS 02-07-2005 08:25 AM

Thanks Michael,

The reference pics are my son's Toy :) I photographed it using Max zoom to reduce distortion. I still have trouble getting a nice clean mesh, but I am trying my best to get this one nice and clean. . . fingers crossed.

Cheers
Paul

Alan 04-07-2005 08:20 PM

lol ARGHHHHH i had to stare at this thing for a YEAR! if you want to know anything about the real model (from the film) just ask!! ;)

What I would say to you is to separate the engines from the main body. models dont have to be one continous mesh they are split into separate components. that way you can model more detail into the separate parts.

You've got the general shape pretty accurate though well done :)

:ninja:

Alan

BMS 04-07-2005 10:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Alan,

I've actually done the whole thing in one piece, with the exception of the single Wing that sits on top of the model. After I finish off the Toy, I'm going to have a go at making the real thing.

I like the idea of separating the engines from the main body and building more detail. You know I never even thought of that! I guess that's where experience comes in. Its probably been the most enjoyable thing I've built so far :)

Thank you for your kind words Alan, means a lot coming from the Thunderbird Master :D

Cheers
Paul

Here are the latest Updates:

vedic kings 04-07-2005 10:30 PM

I'm liking the looks of this.

Keep going!

BMS 05-07-2005 06:10 AM

My 6 year old son and I just finished watching Thunderbirds the movie. The underside of the toy Thunderbird 2 is very different from the one in the Movie :confused:

Oh well I'll continue with the Toy and then move on to the real thing.

Cheers
Paul

Alan 05-07-2005 08:32 AM

did you see me in the credits ;)

the bottom of the ship should be fairly similar to the toy. Maybe where the pods come out is different depending on what size toy you have. The big big one is pretty accurate I think.

:ninja:
A

BMS 05-07-2005 10:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My Sons got the little toy . . it's about 150mm from nose to tail, that's probably why its lacking in detail.

I looked at the credits but couldn't find your name anywhere . . seriously I looked . . no idea where ;)

BMS 05-07-2005 09:03 PM

Can anyone suggest where I can get the Thunderbird font that appears on the toy? or even something that looks close to it.

Cheers
Paul

BMS 05-07-2005 10:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Did a little more, we now have the landing gear :)

vedic kings 05-07-2005 10:19 PM

Looking good!