Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Technical Issues (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Maya 7.0 - Ressources at render (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19687)

Pyrus 04-01-2006 01:31 PM

Maya 7.0 - Ressources at render

Hi simplymayers,

Got some important question related to ressources.
Well, important to me, considering that in Maxon Cinema 4D, even during heavy rendering (high sampling, areas shad, GI, caustics, SSS and amb_occl e.g.), I could still work and render in the same time.

My problem in Maya is that, as soon as I start a render, even the lightest possible (soft.render as for MRay), I just can't do anything else than wait rendering's end.
Is that normal in Maya ?

BUT the worst point is yet to come. Considering I would skip track in winamp, for example, as soon as I click the quick launch icon, everything displayed in Maya disappears, well, windows become white with a grey titlebar but everything else vanishes as if Maya only had crashed. When rendering's over, Maya wakes up and I can see the result. Imagine how convenient it is :eek: .

I order to see, for example, the calculation of FG tiles, I must do absolutely nothing else. And even in this case, it happens it still disappears. For example when the scene becomes more complex.

I tried also lowering MRay BSP as Memory limit.
But, no way :(

Hardware is :
- Asus K8V Deluxe
- Athlon64 Clawhammer 3200+
- 1Gb Corsair XMS/XPert CL3
- SATA WDigital Raptor
- ATI 9700 Pro-128 Dual/DVI (with old catalyst 3.11 driver cause it's the most compatible for games)

Well, thanks for any clue regarding the hardware and issues. I love Maya, but really it's giving me hard time with Architecture FG_GI renderings. Ow, last thing, it's same with IPR renderings.

Pleeeeeeeeeeaz Heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp :shakehead

roach105 04-01-2006 05:32 PM

hey bud.

In regards to memory issue mental ray hogs alot of memory while rendering I don't know any tricks but I personally think that your 1gb of memory may not be enough.

to fix the renderview refresh issue exit Maya go to the icon you usually launch from. Right click on it goto properties. click on the compatibility tab and turn on run as select windows 2000. This should fix that issue

good luck

vladimirjp 04-01-2006 06:36 PM

Re: Maya 7.0 - Ressources at render

thats how maya is.

Quote:

Originally posted by Pyrus
Hi simplymayers,

Got some important question related to ressources.
Well, important to me, considering that in Maxon Cinema 4D, even during heavy rendering (high sampling, areas shad, GI, caustics, SSS and amb_occl e.g.), I could still work and render in the same time.

My problem in Maya is that, as soon as I start a render, even the lightest possible (soft.render as for MRay), I just can't do anything else than wait rendering's end.
Is that normal in Maya ?

BUT the worst point is yet to come. Considering I would skip track in winamp, for example, as soon as I click the quick launch icon, everything displayed in Maya disappears, well, windows become white with a grey titlebar but everything else vanishes as if Maya only had crashed. When rendering's over, Maya wakes up and I can see the result. Imagine how convenient it is :eek: .

I order to see, for example, the calculation of FG tiles, I must do absolutely nothing else. And even in this case, it happens it still disappears. For example when the scene becomes more complex.

I tried also lowering MRay BSP as Memory limit.
But, no way :(

Hardware is :
- Asus K8V Deluxe
- Athlon64 Clawhammer 3200+
- 1Gb Corsair XMS/XPert CL3
- SATA WDigital Raptor
- ATI 9700 Pro-128 Dual/DVI (with old catalyst 3.11 driver cause it's the most compatible for games)

Well, thanks for any clue regarding the hardware and issues. I love Maya, but really it's giving me hard time with Architecture FG_GI renderings. Ow, last thing, it's same with IPR renderings.

Pleeeeeeeeeeaz Heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp :shakehead

Pyrus 04-01-2006 07:20 PM

LoooL Vlad ;) ... simple, clear hehehehhe

Roach, thx a lot for this wonderfull advise, it works perfectly.
Even tried launching C4D lol, then back to Maya, nothing draws back, EXCEPT the render view hahahahahah :beer:

Final step is then adding 1gig at least.

Thaaaanks a lot dudes :bow: