Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lighting & Rendering (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   GI_Joe 2.0 (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2102)

brian_ellebracht 13-11-2002 09:46 PM

GI_Joe 2.0

Not sure if you guys know this, but

GI_Joe ver.2.o is now available. Very nice. YOu can download it and learn more about it here...

http://www.3dluvr.com/pixho/

THanks,
Brian

mtmckinley 13-11-2002 09:56 PM

the file is corrupted... at least it is every time I try to download it...

brian_ellebracht 13-11-2002 09:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Try this out, I installed it this morning, and it worked perfect. THanks,
Brian

mtmckinley 13-11-2002 10:12 PM

Thanks, that worked. :) Not sure why the one on the site wouldn't.

brian_ellebracht 13-11-2002 10:14 PM

COOL. Glad that I could help. He incorperated the ability to make the lights controled the the sky color or the ground plane color, I did the same thing to his version 1 script, my previous post here. THanks,
Brian

Roman 13-11-2002 10:14 PM

thnx man.. prob will come in handy.. :p

Kurt 13-11-2002 10:24 PM

I was never good installing them those type of files, i always mess up lack of PC knowledge, Im a MAC guy.

Might need a blow by blow how to get it working soon.

brian_ellebracht 14-11-2002 01:21 PM

Thats cool, but did you by anychance check out his site? He gives a bunch of info there to. but it you still need some how to help let me know. thanks,
brian

mtmckinley 14-11-2002 04:07 PM

well, I installed it right, at least I think so, but it's not able to find the files... I copied the file path into the mel script like instructed, but when I attempt to perform the action, it says it can't find it. Like this: Can't find C:AWMaya4.0Scripts.

It seems to ignore the "\" I placed between each folder... does it only work for 4.5?

Kurt 14-11-2002 04:11 PM

That's what happens to me too most of the time when i try to use a plugin.

Russell 14-11-2002 06:32 PM

I see I'm not the only one having trouble getting this f***er to install right (sorry for the language but I'm very p***ed!~ ;P Can anybody PLEASE tell me how you installed it, IF it worked right. I put all the right files in all the right places and even went to "line 57" and changed my path and it STILL didn't work! I cried so hard over that... no, really. :) I'll give anyone a buffalo nickel if you can help me! I'm dying to try it out! Even My Pix-"hoe" himself couldn't explain it to me well enough (sorry Mr. GI Joe dude). Thanks!!! Sorry again, guys and gals, for being so miffed... :(

kbrown 14-11-2002 07:08 PM

I haven't tried it but with the paths, use "/" or "\\" instead of a "\".

In most programming languages a single \ has a special meaning (so called escape character).

brian_ellebracht 14-11-2002 07:17 PM

You can always open the script in the script editor, and exicute it, then just type GI_Joe in the command line. The reason why it won't work is because It can't find the LIGHTS file. Or, to get it to work normal, You have to edit the script with the location to where you put the file. And, if it still dosen't work, then you have to make sure you .env file is written correctly.

Either create or edit your Maya.env, and specify your script path like so:

*MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH=C:\DocumentandSettings\default\D o
cuments\maya\scripts (you need to include 'scripts' in the path)
Then save your maya.env into your maya install dir (if I remember well, correct me if I'm wrong)

However, I suggest you to create another script dir on a more 'easy to understand by Maya' location (actually, the "\", and " " (spaces) are really a pain) in defining paths for Maya. *

**Off of Cgt

sdch1000 14-11-2002 08:46 PM

I'm running version 4.5, and I get:

Error: File not found.: C:Documents and SettingsStevenCMy DocumentsmayascriptsGIJoe.lights

Basically it ignores the "/". I tried using "\" instead of "/" and get the same error. I get this error when I click the "Go create" button from the popup window. I guess I'll try to create a directory without spaces and try again.

brian_ellebracht 14-11-2002 08:50 PM

Well you can do what i do, wich is right above your post.

"You can always open the script in the script editor, and exicute it, then just type GI_Joe in the command line. The reason why it won't work is because It can't find the LIGHTS file."

For what i just listed above, you have to have the lights file in the same file as the script. I haven't even tried to change the dirrectory of the light file like he says to do on his website because of all of those errors people are getting, if you just open it in script editor first in maya and exicute it, then type it in like you normally would in the comand line, then it should work fine. But you have to go thru that process everytime you have a new scene you want to use it in. Hope this helps,
Brian