Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   July Challenge - ^^TwEeK^^ - Noobie (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6633)

^^TwEeK^^ 01-07-2003 05:57 PM

July Challenge - ^^TwEeK^^ - Noobie

ok...im actually going to finish this month's chanllange....

im moving on the 15th...so i might not be able to use my comp for a week or so.........

im probably going to do a Bear-like beast.....i never done anything like this so i am hoping to learn a lot...

^^TwEeK^^ 02-07-2003 05:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
k.......started to work on it...its the basic shape of the head ..

i know it he looks kinda retarted ..but he's just special..:)

any suggestions???

p.s. i made the bottom of his mouth like that because i am going to add fangs to it....

M 02-07-2003 09:27 PM

woohoo a starter! Great job for starting this off tweek! One thing, that face is remarkable! Im scared man, im thinking you could pass for normal. The only thing i am not so sure of on your model would be its nose and mouth.. i would make the mouth area more rounded at the end, and i would work on his lips.. or teeth or whatever that crease is in his lower lip. If its his teeth, i suggest doing them seperately. For the nose, it seems extruded on the sides, instead just make the nose merge into the model. those are my points. But the general shape you have is really nice!

^^TwEeK^^ 02-07-2003 09:37 PM

thanks for the reply....
i agree with you about the nose and the nose and the mouse....
the mosue looked normal but then i stretched the bottom jaw out because i am going to 2 huge teeth to it, ill have to fix that.....and that thing in his mouth is just tem cuz i wanted to see what it would look like

aL_3891 02-07-2003 10:36 PM

looks sweet :) but as m said the nose looks kinda funny.. remember that the nose an most animals sorta bulge out on the sides.. kinda rounded outwards if you know what i mean?
if not it may look lika a snout (pigs nose)

but still looking very cool :) youve deffinetly got modeling skillz dude:)
the eye sockets/forehead reigion kicks serious ass and i think the mouth is pretty cool too :)

^^TwEeK^^ 02-07-2003 10:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
thanks for the comments...
im not sure i understand what you mean about the nose al, I changed it a bit is that what you meant?

also i added the teeth..its not final i just wanted to see what it would like like ......

aL_3891 02-07-2003 10:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
yeah basicly thats what i ment
looks lots better :)
you might wanna pull the top of the nose back a little and also push the whole into the head a little bit more

but it looks very good and the teeth and down right scary(in a good way) :)

(used liqufy in php to sjow you kinda what i mean)

^^TwEeK^^ 03-07-2003 12:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
k...i just had to give him a nice nose ring :cool:

M 03-07-2003 02:25 AM

Man, perfect addition! Lol, how about you check this out! My dino and your bear are in style! Your bear though has a cooler nose ring, and more teeth ;).

Heheh, but yea, I am loving this! I suggest on one of the two fangs you break it off 3/4 of the way up.. like he lost part of it in a battle or when he bit into a rock.. (stupid bear). Anyways yea, great job so far, and i agree with al on the nose thing, i was just about to say pull it up abit. I think the thickness of his lower mouth/jaw is a bit too thin though, or its coming inwards, it should not dip in at the neck. I am still amazed at the eye area though, great job!

M 03-07-2003 03:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry didnt post the dino

aL_3891 03-07-2003 07:24 AM

looking good :) im gonna stop beeing a whieny bitch now and just say that the model is coming along nicely :D no really i have now complaints at all :)

^^TwEeK^^ 03-07-2003 12:47 PM

cool M...maybe after i am done, my bear and your dino can hang out :D :D

Quote:

im gonna stop beeing a whieny bitch now
LOL, i really appriciate all the suggestions

Cyrius 03-07-2003 01:22 PM

mhhh so cute ;) ;)

^^TwEeK^^ 03-07-2003 04:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
update....

i worked a bit on the mouth area...

Blinn 03-07-2003 04:47 PM

great job on the teeth!

I like the broken tooth, but maybe make the break a bit more jagged?