Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   July Challenge-HPorter-Normal (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6705)

howardporter 04-07-2003 02:59 PM

July Challenge-HPorter-Normal

1 Attachment(s)
I am throwing my hat into the ring.... again... Is it true that once you have competed against BrianE you can go back to being a Noobie? Cause thats what It feels like next to him:D he is too damn good!

OK, that said here is my character "the Uber-Toad" I still have to design the Uber-Light.....

Sorry about the large image size!:(

^^TwEeK^^ 04-07-2003 03:05 PM

looks cool!!

i was hoping you would compete......;)...
cant wait to se how you model this

3djoe 04-07-2003 03:06 PM

I love it!!!!!!!:bgreen:

I cant wait to see it.

howardporter 04-07-2003 04:04 PM

thanx guys! as far as how to control him,what do you think about this: since he remains huge while the light is on him how about either a modified flash light/gun held by his master? or maybe some sort of helmet lamp thing, with an extension cord coming out the back. if he were to run too far it would come unplugged and he would revert back to tiny toad?

any ideas? I need help :(

Jacob 04-07-2003 04:08 PM

I think the flashlight would be fine, but the idea with the extension cord sounds fun. I would go for one of those ideas.

/Jacob

mtmckinley 04-07-2003 04:20 PM

lol, great sketches, Howard. :) You're becoming a monthly draw for me in these challenges. :)

Witchy 04-07-2003 04:25 PM

Excellent concept as ever- looking forward to this one! btw most of us want to go back to noobie finding we are competing against you!

I love him squashed into the aquarium- great story.

I like the extension cord idea, you could also make the lamp charge him for only a certain amount of time before running out, as a safety feature (every beast should have one, think how much comfortable life would have been if the Incredible Hulk had learnt yoga). For longer missions perhaps remote light sources could be placed in advance (like sticky cameras in Splinter Cell).

This will be great!

^^TwEeK^^ 04-07-2003 04:27 PM

yea i also like the cord idea ..
also maybe he can have a glowing light stick tied around his neck.............

aL_3891 04-07-2003 04:38 PM

sweeeet :) looks like mikes(from monsters inc), big bro :D
cant wait to see this..

M 04-07-2003 05:48 PM

sweet stuff howard! I love this idea :D. This reminds me so much of "Blaster master" for the regular nintendo system. A game when a boy has a normal frog that mutates into some huge frog and goes underground.. the boy runs after him and fins a HUGE truck that is very cool and goes hunting after him on that.. you can hop out of your truck and go inside buildings at different times in the game. Anyways i cant wait to see how this goes :D.

howardporter 04-07-2003 07:09 PM

thanx guys! I think I will go with Witchey and Tweaks Ideas- a lamp for charging and a "glowstick" for longer adventures.

M- I havent seen that game- but it goes to show you that there is no such thing as a new idea... :)

Blinn 04-07-2003 07:59 PM

Blaster master was my favorite nes game!

love the concept howard

Kevin 05-07-2003 09:27 AM

great to see you entering again howardporter! I love your work mate

adldesigner 05-07-2003 07:10 PM

Excellent entry ... and an awesome concept too!
I´ll be keeping an eye on this one. ;)

Traiven3d 08-07-2003 02:00 AM

I, like everyone else here, can't wait to see this one come into fruition. Wicked concept, reminds me of some the characters from 'Spirited Away'. Keeping my eye out on this one.