Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Droid WiP (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14497)

Jay 28-11-2004 12:03 AM

Droid WiP

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Guys
Thought I post this droid for my project, and get some feedback, as I haven't posted for aaaageeess. Its not quite finished, need some dents and some fins on it for directional purposes and some guards over the upper legs. It clears up dead people so its quite a size.

Hopefully it will be done and dusted by tomorrow evening...

_J

vladimirjp 28-11-2004 01:28 AM

wires please.
:tup:

if you are following a design, then there is not much to crit on.
if that is how it is suppose to look, then it looks that way.
other wise the modeling looks to be very clean.

Jay 28-11-2004 12:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Vlad

Have a wire. Just a small comment regarding what you said, doesn't everyone follow a design before they build? Other wise how are you supposed judge things coming together, or if the form will look right once the job is finished. Otherwise its like building a car without any plans, it wont work. Personally I wouldn't want valuabe time wasted if it doesn't work. Just something to bear in mind I think for everyone. Cheers dude

_J

noanswer42 28-11-2004 01:32 PM

Could we get a better view of that bottom piece that is hanging down kind of? It looks pretty interesting.

NextDesign 28-11-2004 02:36 PM

Looks really cool so far. Nice job :tup:

vladimirjp 28-11-2004 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jango
Hey Vlad

Have a wire. Just a small comment regarding what you said, doesn't everyone follow a design before they build? Other wise how are you supposed judge things coming together, or if the form will look right once the job is finished. Otherwise its like building a car without any plans, it wont work. Personally I wouldn't want valuabe time wasted if it doesn't work. Just something to bear in mind I think for everyone. Cheers dude

_J

not sur what u mean..

i hope u didnt misunderstand me somehow.
if u work hard when u create a design, and its exactly what u like. if someone crit on lets say the little eye coming out of the droid, that does not mean you will go back and redesign to their liking.

did you smooth this model or is that how it looks?
i'm wondering how u got the faces to look like that if you did not smooth it.
if u smoothed, plz post a smooth wire.

nice design and concept :tup:

RubberChicken 28-11-2004 03:52 PM

Sleek and sexy, cant wait to see it textured :)

Jay 28-11-2004 05:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Guys
Thank you.

NoAnswer: Have a close up, its a propeller..

RC and Peltra: Thanks

Vlad: Yeah, I think I must have misunderstood what you meant. Its just that I always follow a design or something that resembles what I make. I know some people dont, which is dumb.
But saying that if someone is open to ideas to make something cooler, then I'm all for it. No theres no mesh smooth on any of the model. If I'm working with polys and I know what I want straight away I'll just bang up the spans or whatever straight away. This model is all poly no subd for a change as its hard surface and not organic. Thanks for your comments too
Later Dudes, hopefully have some textures done for later, tomorrow at the latest now.

_J

ereitz 28-11-2004 05:41 PM

well - the model is clean.

i'm not really a big fan of the design though. It doesn't have a whole lot of character. Maybe try and think of ways you can make it reflect what it does through how it looks.

MainlineX 28-11-2004 06:18 PM

Hey Jango,

How you doing dude?..... Nice start..looks pretty good so far, keep it coming. :) I couldn't agree more with you on the reference bit, I simply cannot model anything without having a look at reference pics...:):)

Oh yeah...BTW, did you come right with that forum setup?

MainlineX :)

Jay 28-11-2004 06:25 PM

Hey dudes
Ereitz: Cheers for the comments, I know what you mean when you say about reflecting what it does, I think once you see it as a finished model and in action in the future you'll see why it is like it is. Check out my site for more about my project. Thanks again dude

Mainline: Hey dude howz it going, cheers for your comments too. Should be done on this by tomorrow I hope. Its just a bit part player for the novel. Speak soon

Regards to u all
_J

noanswer42 29-11-2004 11:21 PM

Ah, so that's what that is, cool. :)

What else do you plan on doing to it?

Jay 30-11-2004 11:53 AM

Hey Noanswer

Well its got some fins and leg guards on it now too. Texturings nearly finished now hopefully post tomorrow as time has been limited the last day or so...

_J

Jay 30-11-2004 10:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dudes

A small update, I have seen some textures I'd like to use on this but have to photo them tomorrow now, still lots to do though...
Enjoy the image so far...
_J

DJbLAZER 30-11-2004 11:37 PM

starting to look cool! Saw the sketch at your website. What's that thing at the front?