Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finished Work (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Drawing Room (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30824)

lealar 02-09-2008 01:27 AM

Drawing Room

1 Attachment(s)
Here a new one, not good but i'll going on.

Cheers!
:beer:

Perfecto 02-09-2008 03:27 AM

Actually it's not that bad. If you had a better wood floor texture to use, it would look much much better, but a good wood floor texture is hard to find. I still haven't found one myself.

Overall, the lighting looks great, other than some light reflections on the center of the ceiling where it's recessed. I'm no lighting expert but the overall mood of the room seems pretty good to me.

Chirone 02-09-2008 10:38 PM

i love that glass table and the ceiling!

Gen 03-09-2008 08:51 AM

Thick slabs of glass for coffee tables make me uneasy(don't ask). It looks good, I like the touch with the IES profiles and the recessed lighting, seems like an easy room in which to get comfortable. Though the quality of the image itself could be a bit higher but that has nothing to do with the scene itself so no biggie.

arran 03-09-2008 10:01 AM

nice job lealar :beer:

i might move the camera forward or change the focal length - at the moment it's making the room look unnecessarily big - almost like it's a tv set room.

lealar 04-09-2008 10:56 AM

I'm so glad reply my post guys and make me up, and next case i'll try to make better and thanks a lots.

marlonjohn 05-09-2008 06:53 AM

overall, looks good ...

the outside lighting though is abit intense on my eyes

jm82792 06-09-2008 07:59 PM

It looks great,getting a wood floor texture is pretty hard,for my kitchen project I'm switching to stone since it is easier to find and make bumps from. I like the lighting alot :)
Maybe adding some other elements not homey but like an orchid,remote and so on....

Gen 06-09-2008 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jm82792
It looks great,getting a wood floor texture is pretty hard,for my kitchen project I'm switching to stone since it is easier to find and make bumps from. I like the lighting alot :)
Maybe adding some other elements not homey but like an orchid,remote and so on....

You changed your design to stone because you couldn't find wood images? 1. I don't think you looked hard enough (check the resource lounge here) 2. I think its worth it to paint your own in that case (you can reuse it, chop it up whatever)

jm82792 07-09-2008 07:08 PM

I've looked but I can't find a nice clean one(smooth) and I have enough wood in the scene. But I'll look since I want to have a little library of textures..
I honestly,currently don't have the knowledge on how to make my own wood textures,I'd like to learn though :)

Right now I'm just trying to utilize nice wood textures for my cabinets and get them realistic then I guess I'll go onto making my own wood textures.

Chirone 07-09-2008 10:09 PM

certainly you have some kinda wooden asset at the place you stay? have you no camera? ;)

jm82792 09-09-2008 10:26 AM

I have a decent camera and hardwood floor but I just have no clue on how I prepare the textures and so on.
I'll go and look into the preparation of textures since it's another asset I'd like to have :)

vlweb3d 13-09-2008 05:09 AM

Excellent

Excellent interior design and great lighting

fungusbread 20-09-2008 04:22 AM

Awesome !!!

I really love the final output ; it looks pretty realistic....however, u can put more stuff in the room or jus make the room smaller as in get the camera closer...

:beer:

Denaton 22-09-2008 08:08 AM

I am angry... Why cant i use Maya ^^ I realy have to learn... When i see thise screens i think one thing... you dont need a camra... you can make your own photos ^^
I mean.. Hay when i see thise i first think "Is the realy real?? OMG!"

Sorry for my bad english!