Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Dragon (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12488)

Dragonhawk 05-07-2004 06:23 PM

Dragon

1 Attachment(s)
hi guys!
I have obviously modeled the body (very rough,no detail,not done yet)and will add wings now...if im fast enough i could enter the current challenge....but i need more then one figure i think.

thx a lot........

Dragonhawk 05-07-2004 06:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
the smoothed body:

any tipps for details ? would be very happy....my dragon looks so neckid lol.......and thin....need to tweak that....

so plz tips for details!!!!

cb8rwh 05-07-2004 06:48 PM

hey dragon - looking really good matey.

If you wanna thicken parts up - select the verts of the area and apply a lattice deformer - then just scale the lattice points up or move them around to suit.

Think you need to thicken the belly(stomach) area of the dragon

really like the claws!!!

vladimirjp 05-07-2004 10:48 PM

find as much refs as u can from google then work on the proportions before you begin to add finer details.

Co0KiEmAn 06-07-2004 03:00 PM

I would start by increasing the size on the tale...to counterbalance that long steve-lowish neck. It looks like a good start.

Dragonhawk 06-07-2004 07:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i smoothed the dragon and put it onto a plane....c&c plz!!!

Dragonhawk 06-07-2004 07:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and here is the unsmoothed version....

Dragonhawk 06-07-2004 07:38 PM

i will generally create the dragon more fat especially the neck and where it begins...then i will add the wings.....c&c plz

ransick 06-07-2004 08:11 PM

hmm putting him on a plane doesn't do the job! show us some real updates...you have enough c & c now to do some updating I think.... Like you are saying...the dragon needs to start eating and doing some pushups..

btw...what's that weird looking think between his backlegs ?
hope to see some good update...

greEtZ

RanSicK

dae 07-07-2004 12:34 PM

I like the first two images, they remind me of chinese dragons, just the proportions need some work, delete the hip bone thingy between its legs, and try and keep him lean and slender.

dae

Dragonhawk 07-07-2004 03:52 PM

The bone was refering to the dinosaur bone....google on the net for dinosaur and look between the legs ( :confused: ) and then u ll understand...but okay ill delete it....and i will make the legs more smoothed on the body and less so wrong positioned....

vladimirjp 07-07-2004 04:27 PM

well, u need to finalize al modeling b4 u can rig. this model is not complete.
Martin, u always ask for C&C but u never take the advice! :( work on the proportion, add some finer details add some wings, then UV him and texture, then rig him

CGPMaya84 08-07-2004 12:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not bad so far, but I do have a little advice for you. First off, the first dragon you posted was more slankish and it made it appear more lizard-like. I could have imagined it crawling on all fours than standing up! :) Kind of reminds me of the body of the dragons I drew in Photoshop once...the second one's stature resembles more of that of a dinosaur. If you want to go with more of the erect look (as you tried in the second group of postings), maybe try thickening the legs...it all just depends on what kind of look you are going for. Maybe I'll post an image of the dragon I did in Photoshop to get you an idea of what I mean.

Dragonhawk 08-07-2004 12:32 PM

i want to achieve a body shown in your image.It shall look very similar....just a bit longer....i wanted more an elegant dragon who bends slowlywhen it turns to the right or so.......image posts will follow in ca. 1.5h ...

blomkaal 08-07-2004 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ransick
btw...what's that weird looking think between his backlegs ?
hope to see some good update...

I. C. Weiner :p