Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   architectural interior (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9893)

nirsul 19-01-2004 11:04 PM

architectural interior

1 Attachment(s)
This is a house we are making for a couple of rich borthers in Nazareth - The client wanted to see the main area:

It was rendered in MR : GI and FG

fredriksson 19-01-2004 11:13 PM

Looks pretty cool, I'd not pass up on that house. Small image though, hard to see details. The table cloth looks a bit blown out (light'ish that is). The pottery looks slightly fake, the purple one atleast. Good job.

LSphinx 19-01-2004 11:36 PM

Very NICE!!...
lighting is great!!.. but if you want to make it look more real,... maybe you could lower the brightness a bit.... (you know,.. like in the movies.. ).. over all... :thumbsup:
expecting more!!! :D ;) :beer:

nirsul 19-01-2004 11:48 PM

thanks guys - you said exactly what I know - the light should be dimmed a bit - but it takes so long to render this small image ...

and the map - I think it is too bright becuase of the FG and maybe the diffuse .

Will continue tomorrow.

NIR

Pony 19-01-2004 11:51 PM

Its looking really cool though. What is the render times on it so far ?

nirsul 19-01-2004 11:58 PM

I made a small size but highres , and took ~2 hours - I have a strong PC but it has lots of nurbs geom.

I think the final one would take more than 5-8 hours,

<<<Oversized image removed>>>

RickStefani 20-01-2004 12:32 AM

I really like Slavador Dali. Detail is good. It is hard to see in the small picture. Do you mean to have the images that saturated? Do not laugh but I finally found out my monitor is way out of wack and everthing is to saturated if it looks good on the screen.

Elemenopee 20-01-2004 02:32 AM

wow that looks awsome!

i seriously thought that the pic was your ref at first...well until I looked closer...but i was completly fooled on first glance :)

nirsul 20-01-2004 05:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
some lighting adjustments and some stuff added (rugs, a table and more) this little render took 41 minutes on a 2.6 Mhz, 1 Gb RAM machine (emulating 2 threads).

NIR

RickStefani 20-01-2004 05:34 PM

Do you mean 2.6 gigahrtz? Carpet does not look pink anymore. MR does take a while. It is better to take a while then to kick you out like mine does.

nirsul 20-01-2004 09:41 PM

Rick Thanks

You can see my PC technical details here:

http://users.actcom.co.il/sysoft/myrig.html

you can see the Maya box in the background...

I used mostly nurbs so I guess it takes a lot to render because of this, ... maybe...

NIR

RickStefani 20-01-2004 09:56 PM

That Maya box is photo shoped in. Haha. Nice system. Mine is close to it but AMD instead.

nirsul 20-01-2004 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RickStefani
That Maya box is photo shoped in. Haha.
PhotoShopped ?? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Not at all ! fully paid for - about 2700 US$ (including taxes and shipping from Digital River).

Nir

nirsul 20-01-2004 11:28 PM

and now for some serious stuff:

Here is a full render about 4 hours - the truth - it looked better in low res...

nir

Pony 20-01-2004 11:47 PM

Looks really nice though, Nirsul. Love the rugs.. did great with them.

about the render times.. are you using something called a dirtmap ? on the MR surfaces. If not I'll reserch whare I seen about it. Its a way to tern down the FG and still have good results. Lower render times. better edge definition. What is your FG set at now if I might ask?
Yeh the rubs might be a little bit of the prob.... I meen for like all the curves in there I think the nurbs is the way to go.. but for like that wall I think it might help the times out a bit if it was just real simple polys..
Sorry if I'm talking alot about it and down know much for sure my self. I'm getting intrested in doing some interiors my self so I'm doing a bit if info finding on them now..