Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Problem with maya's hardware and software rendering (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40450)

luciferr 29-04-2014 02:22 PM

Problem with maya's hardware and software rendering

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,
Please I'm having problems with maya's hardware and software render. I'm guessing I didn't get the right settings, I don't really know. The main problem is that, in the perspective view it shows the correct color of the textures I applied to the character but in the render view the color becomes more white. I tried adjusting the lights, even turning them off but, it didn't work. I can't use mental ray because it's killing my PC's processor and ram and still render for several minutes. I still tried it though and it's still thesame whitish color problem.

Please I really need someone to help me out with this problem, It's frustrating.

Gen 30-04-2014 12:04 AM

What are the specs of your machine and what are your mental ray render settings? By the looks of things, white rims are the least of the problems in the hardware rendered image. Hardware renders are capped at a lower quality than the software renderers, they also limited in the effects that can be rendered.

luciferr 30-04-2014 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gen (Post 354407)
What are the specs of your machine and what are your mental ray render settings? By the looks of things, white rims are the least of the problems in the hardware rendered image. Hardware renders are capped at a lower quality than the software renderers, they also limited in the effects that can be rendered.

I'm so sorry for replying late. I didn't receive a feedback mail that I had a reply. The specs of my system are:
Hp Pavilion DV6, 500G size, 4gig ram, AMD vision, 2.6GHz processor.

I agree, and the software render is not supposed to show anything close to that annoying faceted render either. I would appreciate a solution to the software and hardware render though I don't want to go into the mental ray-processor/ram-based rendering because, I know my system is NOT any where close to a system one should use for even a less than medium scale animation but, it's the one I can afford for now.

Thank you so much. Hoping to hear more

luciferr 30-04-2014 06:34 PM

Thanks a lot for your reply Gen, I really appreciate it.

I've found solution to the problem, Just incase in the future someone might encounter this kind of problem.

The problem is this: I textured my character using the "Default Quality Rendering" so all the tweaking of how my character would look was based on that render set. However, the maya render is only based on the "High Quality Rendring". So, I was busy tweaking everything on the "Default Quality Rendering" while nothing was happening in the "High Quality Rendring" which the main render set considers.

After tweaking the textures on the "High Quality Rendring" it displayed exactly on the main render display.