Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   WIP - Character and Scene (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5199)

alexgc 15-04-2003 12:32 PM

WIP - Character and Scene

1 Attachment(s)
well it has been ageeessss since I last posted some work so I thought id give it a bash and take sum punishment over it...rather than dishing it out all the time hehe (see I can take as good as I give lol)

Its for an animation im doing at uni

first pic is of the head of the ( as of yet nameless) character I have developed. This is about the fifth character ive modelled and at last im happy that it goes along and fits in with my idea of things...

Im working on the textures at the mo so I'll hopefully post updates soon. Actually Im having trouble with the UV snapshot if anyone can help me out - only seems to be processing half of the UV image...hmmm

alexgc 15-04-2003 12:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
front wireframe...

alexgc 15-04-2003 12:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
profile...

alexgc 15-04-2003 12:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
profile wireframe...

alexgc 15-04-2003 12:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and now the scene...the lighting is way off at the mo...and the textures are not final....heck i havent even finished modelling it lol

alexgc 15-04-2003 12:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
one more for now...oh and uve probably noticed there arent any walls...well there is a reason for that...I just haven't found out what that reason is yet :D

very dodgy lighting here...it will change

c & c's pleeeeeeaaase!!!

thank you

ragecgi 15-04-2003 02:12 PM

Cool!

GIJoe? Nice softness!

alexgc 15-04-2003 02:18 PM

yup GI_Joe...MR takes too long for my liking...I dunno if i will stick with it tho...its posing several other problems...think i might have to go with my own setup - well if I have the time

caligraphics 15-04-2003 08:59 PM

Looks very nice !.. but whats up with the hard edge around the mouth ?

alexgc 16-04-2003 08:36 AM

thanks...as for that hard edge, it is supposed to be the crease you get in the mouth when ur lips arent relaxed. Granted its a bit too sharp. Consider it amended!! :)

Updates a little later on ;)

Vectorman 16-04-2003 08:19 PM

I think it looks AWESOME dude! Only thing i don't like is the lampshade. You could make it a little transluscent to show the light from the lamp. Its Way too opaque.

twisteddragon33 17-04-2003 02:28 AM

the problem with the mouth as said before... all really... the floor looks a little off too

kal 20-04-2003 02:18 AM

nice going alex - been on the lookout for some of your work ;) :)
btw I thought the tecturing and lighting looked fine..

which uni are you at? ravensbourne?

alexgc 20-04-2003 11:01 AM

Im studying Multimedia Design at De Montfort university in Leicester. Its a struggle here really. Its pretty disorganised at present but I guess they are going some way to turning it around - although its too little too late for me. I used to be at university up in Newcastle (at Northumbria Uni) which was fantastic, but I was doing a BSc as opposed to a BA. After 2 yrs of that I decided I really needed to change so I did. Unfortunately, there werent many options for me and I had to take De Montfort almost as a last resort. I much preferred to stay up in Newcastle as I could have done, its just that time was running out and De Montfort offered me a place in the 2nd yr of this course before Northumbria - although they eventually did - when it was too late sadly :(

Thanks for the comments btw...I'll try and post updates later...had to stop working on it because of "other" untimely interventions lol

Kevin 30-04-2003 10:41 PM

nice work alex... head has a good shape to it...

nice mate! keep goig mate :)