Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   March Challenge - Wicket - Normal (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4293)

wicket 02-03-2003 10:28 AM

March Challenge - Wicket - Normal

Oh hell yeah you know I'm in this one!!! :D The God of Death has returned! :D
I'll hopefully get some sketches done tomorrow but I'll tell ya what I'm gonna do! I'm gonna model MY Gundam! never before seen. The design I've actually been toying around in my head with for the last few days! More later!

wicket 02-03-2003 10:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay all done!.... :D
kidding!

M 02-03-2003 07:43 PM

Haaahahahahha, love it! Nice toonshader, is it Toonlight? Now is that going to be the basic shape of your model? Or is it just a joke?

wicket 03-03-2003 02:25 AM

100% joke!!! That was a little model I did based off a tutorial I have in a book! It said to model a robot like the one in the pictures so I did! Added some of my own touches here and there but hey! The shader is a toonshader I downloaded off of Highend 3D 1 of 3 they had! I still need to use the ones you sent to me and see what they look like... I never used them cause the colors I made for the gundams was working and looking great!! :D Should have some real sketches for ya'll later tonight I hope!

M 03-03-2003 02:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Wicket, I was just fooling around at the time... those are nothing compared to this.. i found it off of highend 3d.

That is SUCH a good toonshader! All you do is texture the whole model, then drag this toonshader over from your shader library to the scene.. and you will see 2 phong shaders.. dont apply them, just close the window. Then you think there are no changes and yet when you render the scene.. the whole thing has been toonshaded! Its called toonlight. I had metal shaders, and other shaders added to my model and it toonshaded all of it :D. You should really check it out and PLZ post a toon shaded render of your wing gundam model :D.

wicket 03-03-2003 04:41 PM

here's the link to see the Wing in toonlight!!! :D looks cool! I need to toy around with a Anime' style looking toonshade! I wish Maya had a default... Oh well here ya go I swear I'm gonna get some sketches posted! :D
http://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...&threadid=4082

wicket 04-03-2003 01:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay after a lot of thinking and a lot of crumpled paper filling a trash can I have got a rough sketch! I say rough cause some of the porportions are wierd! :banghead: But oh well I will draw REALLY good ones to use for my reference images! Let me know what you think! L8!

wicket 04-03-2003 01:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll post this too actually! cleans it up a little. Also just a note on his weapon It's a dubble sided beamsaber (like Darth Maul had a dubble sided lightsaber!) Thought it would look REALLY sweet also he may have some other weapons... not sure yet though! And last but not least the colors are not what I'll definatley they are up to changes! :D Later Mates!

M 04-03-2003 02:33 AM

WOW, your a good drawer! That would a great piece of artwork for myself if i drew your "rough". Cant wait to see the refrence pics! Good choice wicket :D.

undseth 04-03-2003 04:56 AM

I think his weapon is a bit unusual, do you have alternative weapons in you concept Wicket?

wicket 04-03-2003 06:55 AM

Thx )v( I need to draw more often to keep the skills up... I getting REALLY rusty!

Undseth, I'm thinkin I might give him a big gun like my Wing Gundam has, different though. As for the dubble beam saber I'll see if I stick with it or go single. I definately want the saber weapon though :) THX for the comments!!! :D

Kevin 04-03-2003 10:02 AM

wow mate ! your gonna be on that for ages!! great image! best of luck

wicket 04-03-2003 10:16 AM

HAHA THX Kevin! I'll need it!

wicket 05-03-2003 10:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay finaly got my Blueprints done so tomorrow I'll start some modeling so that I can maybe catch up a bit here! :D Night all!

Kevin 05-03-2003 10:38 AM

cool sketches mate...

get modeling mate