Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Jan/Feb - Frayo - Norm (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10182)

frayo 08-02-2004 12:20 PM

okey... :) i had to re-do the model again...coz my old PIII just couldn't handle SubDs that much. so i used polyProxy instead. i could have converted my last model to poly as twisteddragaon suggested but i was optimistic that i could reduce poly count if i'd build it again...but eventualy ended up with the same dense model. details on the model improved though... :D

this is my first time to model a human figure (with the intent of showing it)...so i'm having a hard time on the hands and feet. i'm checking out Stahlberg's tut.

here's the guy...

frayo 08-02-2004 12:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
...sorry i messed up d attachment heheh :bgreen:

okay here he is :D

mtmckinley 08-02-2004 04:17 PM

yeah, buddy. You're up to Norm now. :D Congrats! Keep up the good work.

lonepig 08-02-2004 04:18 PM

Looks awesome mate. I assume your gona model in some nipples and some kind of seam or zipper on the trousers? Personally I would add a bit more defination around the shoulder blade area.

frayo 08-02-2004 04:40 PM

Mike:

great...! :D thanks Mike. this is sooo cool... can't wait to finish it. :bgreen:

Lonepig:

thanks mate. yeah...i'll be putting the nipples and zipper later. :) and i agree his back needs some more tweaking.

...on with the feet

twisteddragon33 08-02-2004 09:18 PM

Congrats on the bump. Looks like its coming along nicely.

frayo 09-02-2004 08:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
thanks twisted. :D

here's the feet. i never thought it would be so hard to model a foot. took me almost 6 hours (and i didn't even noticed it pass) to make it look decent enuf.

ugly feet :P

mtmckinley 09-02-2004 08:05 PM

nice. :) are the nails going to be textured or modeled? The smaller toes look a little flattend.

Pony 10-02-2004 12:58 AM

I don't know. the toe next to the pinky one looks like its to flat. But really damn nice feet over all. Feet are hard if you have not done alot of them. your doing great though.

3dgurl 10-02-2004 05:08 AM

wow dude looking cool

Clod 10-02-2004 02:50 PM

Very impressive.

frayo 10-02-2004 03:03 PM

Mike:
thanks Mike :D i was thinking of making the nails a diffrent mesh and jus attach it to the foot mesh. what do you think? will that work? coz in Stahlberg's tut he was using SubDs in which he can apply a crease. in polyproxy the only way to do it is by adding more edges...there are too many edges already...i'll try and see though if i can do that also. and i agree...its a bit flat hehe :D

Pony:
yeah ur right and so is Mike...i finally saw it after i had some sleep. lol :D. thanks!

3dgurl:
ey thanks! :D

Clod
Thanks Clod... :D

vizion 11-02-2004 01:10 AM

Nice modeling and character. Does he have any special power(s)?

cybertec 20-02-2004 04:06 AM

good work franz! grabe gyud di na gyud ma-reach!!!!
teach me ana beh kay nahan na pud ko maya di lang ko kahibaw!!!

frayo 22-02-2004 09:49 PM

FINALLY....

1 Attachment(s)
aaaaaahhhhhhh.....!!!! finally i think i'm done with the model....i had to be...there's not much time left. :p modeling time is definintely over.

i've had some serious delays....i couldn't work on it for a week. i hope i can still make it though...

the hands were a super pain in @$$....hahahaha. so small yet it takes so much time.

the head.....oh i had to do 3 until i got satisfied witht third. it was worth it though. i learned a lot...

all in all im happy....considering i'm learning as i go...being a first timer anfd all that.

so here's the guy: