Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   florida anyone (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11748)

Kevin 06-05-2004 03:51 PM

florida anyone

Im coming to florida on saturday for 2 weeks, If any one is around It might be nice to met up for a cup of tea?

I would say beer but there not a hope in hell Im drinking that nasty american beer :(

So let me know and we may have a meet up :)

NitroLiq 06-05-2004 04:30 PM

You might want to say what part of FL you're going to be in....it's a looong state. ;) I actually grew up in Pompano Beach and have a lot of family road trip memories of heading up I-95 all the way to NJ (like 8-11 hrs just to get out of FL). Since I'm in NYC now, i guess this means absolutely nothing. :D Dave Bear is in Miami, though, I believe.

Kevin 06-05-2004 04:49 PM

hmm well Im visiting / disney land area / miami / clear waters / a place near everglades / so moving about over the 2 weeks

Kevin 06-05-2004 04:49 PM

oh and in the uk nothings to far like it is for you yankys :p

we actually travel :p

NitroLiq 06-05-2004 05:03 PM

If you go near Disney, you can go to Full Sail while you're there and market SM. It's about 45 min away in Winter Park. :D

Did I ever tell you about the time I jumped into a river in England? 50 degrees man....brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Kevin 06-05-2004 05:05 PM

50 degrees, dam you where lucky! thats warm

I must admit I havnt adapted very well to the horrible uk weather :(

Raining all the time lately to

NightPhantom 06-05-2004 06:53 PM

I'm in Tampa; you don't wanna come here though, there's nothing to see/do (I don't think so at least...)

DanaScully 06-05-2004 08:55 PM

only good thing about tampa is busch gardens. lol
No offense. Florida just sucks for us residents. lol

mtmckinley 06-05-2004 09:11 PM

doh, so close, yet still so far. I'm afew states over. :) Maybe next time.

Have fun!

NitroLiq 06-05-2004 09:39 PM

Man, don't say that about Tampa....that's where I've been thinking about moving to from NYC....now if only I saw more web design jobs down there.

Goni 07-05-2004 08:50 AM

Looks like Kevin is going to be in my area (Miami) ...i've been here for 4 years and i hate it, i'm getting outta here soon as i'm done from AI Ft Lauderdale.

ransick 07-05-2004 04:00 PM

wow....why so much hate about those places??:P If I had the money I should take a plane now and fly over! ...on the otherhand...why don't you all comeover to THE NETHERLANDS!! I love it here..I think you'll do too!! greets from holland!! cya

Kevin 07-05-2004 04:28 PM

I went to miami before and actually really liked it, different I guess if your just visiting, but i loved the beeches and the busy night life

Emo 08-05-2004 02:04 PM

hehehehe.... well I live 10 minutes away from Disney :)

Unfortunately, yesterday was the worst day of my life so I dont think I can do anything for a while :(

-Emo

NightPhantom 08-05-2004 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Emo
hehehehe.... well I live 10 minutes away from Disney :)

Unfortunately, yesterday was the worst day of my life so I dont think I can do anything for a while :(

-Emo

Now I'm curious...

Goni 09-05-2004 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kevin
I went to miami before and actually really liked it, different I guess if your just visiting, but i loved the beeches and the busy night life
well, being from the caribbean, i can't say i like miami's beaches, but i guess its as tropical as you can get here. the ppl here can be cool though (except for the occasional prejudice idiots who want to talk about you in languages that they assume you don't know).lol but thanks to friends i've made here, it has not been total hell. but i'm sure you'll have fun:D safe trip, man

NightPhantom 09-05-2004 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Goni
well, being from the caribbean, i can't say i like miami's beaches, but i guess its as tropical as you can get here. the ppl here can be cool though (except for the occasional prejudice idiots who want to talk about you in languages that they assume you don't know).lol but thanks to friends i've made here, it has not been total hell. but i'm sure you'll have fun:D safe trip, man
You mean idiots speaking english assuming that you only speak spanish? or idiots speaking spanish assuming that you only speak english?
Because either way it sounds kinda silly to me. I mean, being US you must assume that everyone at least understands english (so then the idiots speaking english are very very stupid). And in this day and age (and state) you also kinda have to assume that everyone at least understands spanish (regardless of origin) (and so the idiots speaking spanish are very very stupid).
The only way I think you could maybe make an assumption like that is with a more foreign language, like something asian, or german or something like that.

NitroLiq 09-05-2004 04:06 PM

I remember when I still lived in South FL, all the Cubans in Miami were lobbying to have the official language there changed to Spanish.