Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   June - Normal - cb8rwh (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12095)

Rubberkidney 11-06-2004 08:41 PM

what were those buckles made out of?

mtmckinley 11-06-2004 08:55 PM

yeah, that's too bad, as that's looking really good. HOpefully since you've done them once you can knock them out again fairly swiftly.

Dragonhawk 11-06-2004 10:01 PM

can u gimme some info of the shader u used? especially the skin...is it lambert? can u also tell me if u ve used mental ray or maya sofware and which light....

Nice process dude i happy that you are on Normal categor and not in noob cause then i would loose 100% with my dragon there......

cb8rwh 11-06-2004 11:39 PM

cheers guys

rubberkidney - just polys all the way.

dragonhawk - the skin shader is only a blinn at the moment - it's only temporary - I hope to create a more skin like texture later on.

it is rendered using mentalray - with a poly sphere used as a dome light and 1 directional light for key light, and 2 point lights - 1 above and behind the model and one low to the models right (as looking from camera)

cb8rwh 12-06-2004 10:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
bit of an axe - just temp textures

stedo 13-06-2004 03:09 PM

cool! quite "Warhammer"-ish though, but that might be the look you're after?

cb8rwh 15-06-2004 12:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
cheers stedo - yeah I think I am taking references from a model which is from that sort of game.

here's the start of the texturing (haven't finished the modelling yet but wanted to get a start on that part) the final texturing will not be symmetrical like this currently is.

comments / crits welcome

Jack Of Spades 15-06-2004 12:45 AM

love the texture buddy

blomkaal 15-06-2004 01:34 AM

Whoa!!! Really cool model, and awesome textures!

Just read the thread and got a few comments:

The abs look great now, but they looked a bit too square IMO, but with the texture, it looks great!

If you're still wondering what to do with the teeth (the vampire ones, don't know the english word :) ), i suggest you try and pull the jaw or lower lip a bit out and try for a Warcraft orcish kinda look, and maybe make the teech point a bit backwards... Not sure how it's gonna look, but I think they are/were (can't see if you've changed them since the close-ups) a bit too pointy. And maybe you could make 'em a bit bigger this way...

But it's looking great so far, can't wait to see the final result! :)

-Blomkaal

Mantat 15-06-2004 03:54 AM

You have my approval for the texture! have you used the hair from maya 6? The color is excellent.

And still need to fix that bracer thing... More I think about it, the more I wonder if the mix of fur / spike is right. Spikes are better associated with shaved skin, at least, thats what my goth friends would say!

mumbojumbo_13 15-06-2004 12:16 PM

hey cool work :D
--
where do you get the number texture thing for texture mapping from?
i know heaps of people use it where you get it?
good luck with the texturing

cb8rwh 15-06-2004 04:27 PM

cheers guys..

blomkaal - yeah the abs are def a bit square, will try and alter them before the end and I totally agree that the pointy teeth things need to be altered and def made bigger - cheers for the suggestions

Mantat - cheers buddy - the texture is just a reference photo of a cow hide messed about with inside photoshop. I am staying with the nail wristband but will try and add a little metal for the spikes to stick into.

Mumbo - cheers man - the number came from a texturing thing made by one of the mods of this site (dannyngan I think) - you could just create one in photoshop or a similar package

cb8rwh 15-06-2004 10:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
couple of tattoos/brands - any good - prob put a few more on.

comments / crits welcome

Rubberkidney 15-06-2004 10:38 PM

some bump mapped ridges on the horns would be pretty sweet...i like the tattoos a lot..did you draw them or did you download them? also, the hands..the only thing that i think needs a little bit of work, they have a teddy bear quality to them, id like to see them be a little more rough : ) very good overall though, cant wait to see it finished

cb8rwh 15-06-2004 11:34 PM

rubberkidney - yeah I haven't touched the texturing of the horns yet - will def be some ridges on them - the tattoos I just downloaded from the net - altavista image search works wonders sometimes :)

i see what you mean about the hands will have to adjust them

cheers for the comments