Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   things i discovered today thread... (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12430)

Kaydray 16-07-2004 01:21 PM

i've discovered a few things so far today, and it's only 9:15am!

1. i have a coffee problem.
evidence: i bought two cups of coffee on my way into work- one for the car, one for once i get there...i'm a chain-coffee-drinker.

2. somebody needs to come up with a one-word replacement for "one who drinks coffee." you know, like "one who smokes cigarettes" is referred to as a "smoker." couldn't just be "drinker"...

3. i like hazelnut coffee.

IAmThaGuvNa 16-07-2004 03:57 PM

umm... interesting kaydray :) lol ive discovered that waking up early pisses me off. In fact. im going back to bed. now.

IAmThaGuvNa 16-07-2004 04:03 PM

I think i can help you Carsten :)

Quote:

When I tried to take it off her, she started crying, and only stopped when I put it back on her head.. So now I have a problem to solve, since she is definately not gonna sleep with it on !
Ok heres what you do.... you let her go to sleep with it on... and then gently take it off.... veeeeeeery gently lol :D im sure you've already fixed your problem but i figured i'd try at least lol

tezza 20-07-2004 11:21 AM

i learnt that the hot chick at work that i had a crush on her. has a very boaring personality. i found this out when i played pool with her. i want a girl that can beat me at pool and say im shit. not the other way around. :)

IAmThaGuvNa 20-07-2004 04:11 PM

I know what you mean dude... i liked this one chick... and she liked me back and all that and i was talking to her (online) and she started freaking out.... i was like... hello? and she was just freaking like CAPS LOCK CITY and she was just saying the most random things.... hyperactivity ;) You never can tell with chicks... thats what ive learned, you may think youve found a good one... but you havent theres ALWAYS something wrong with them... but thats cool I also discovered everyone pisses me off in some way... of course when i told my chick friend this she seemed to get a little mad... but thats cool, thats what pisses me off about her... so pissy. hahaha man im bored. back to sleep. now.
-ThaGuvNa

Kaydray 20-07-2004 07:09 PM

Quote:

i learnt that the hot chick at work that i had a crush on her. has a very boaring personality. i found this out when i played pool with her. i want a girl that can beat me at pool and say im shit. not the other way around.
hmmm...slightly faulty logic, i would say.
yes, boring is bad.
but bad at pool is not necessarily boring.
and not boring is not necessarily good at pool.
so good at pool could still = boring and not good at pool could still = not boring.
but i'm sure there are some cases for which good at pool = not boring and bad at pool = boring but it would be inductive logic to assume that good at pool always = not boring and bad at pool always = boring. :confused:

that being said, i don't think i know any girls who are good at pool anyways.

dragonfx 23-07-2004 09:16 AM

i learned today whose company´s is the most aggresive auto signature NDA on the emails of an employee...

"This is informative and doesnt bind us legally in any way. Anyways, you wont tell anybody about this and in the case this mail wasnt meant for you to read you must cut your eyes and tonge and destroy your pc ... or else..." NDAs fit so well after a romantic mail :D...

tezza 23-07-2004 02:23 PM

old people arnt realy that smart

dae 23-07-2004 04:31 PM

i learned today and the day before and so on, that it take all sorts of people to make this world go round, I keep learning this lesson every day when I see different people doing there day to day stuff.

Dae

Reimo005 23-07-2004 04:47 PM

when writing an audio CD with nero I should first turn on the simulate option.

dragonfx 23-07-2004 08:36 PM

i found out that i hate crossing my path in the street with people that i didnt saw in a long time...

because...

what that policewoman over there telling me to come can possibly want?... :S

(it turned out she just wanted to say "Wazzuuuup!... dont tell me you dont recognize me!?"):D

-----------------------------------------------------
I didnt found out how she is able to stand 8 hours straight on full long uniform+boots at the sun with more than 40ºC without a damn drop of sweat on its face...

dragonfx 23-07-2004 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dae
i learned today and the day before and so on, that it take all sorts of people to make this world go round, I keep learning this lesson every day when I see different people doing there day to day stuff.

Dae

It coincides with my realization that the ppl of my generation has its dreams and mottos already chomped by the system...

me the frist...
suddenly i feel too comfortable in the bank office and even crossed my mind to shine over the other newb to make the job permanent.... instead of writting, filming and mayaing... and starving to death...

Some other related non fresh realizations:
That most of the people would rather work doing another thing than what they do, but that they cant because theyre mildy compfortable and need the stability to evolve their life into the +wife, +house +children +dog stages.

That money is the big tyrant, the thing that imposes the greatest limitations on our freedom. The thing in which we spoil at least 1/3 of the time of our life pursuing.

tezza 25-07-2004 11:49 AM

japanese only say mushi mushi on the phone. so when u go in to a sushi shop and the chinese girl says mushi mushi tell her she is wrong

dragonfx 25-07-2004 11:23 PM

oh yeah, i forgot, the suffering is what makes Art... whith capital A... otherwise is just art...

You know what?... on the last yrs i used to hang with ppl that somehow managed to sell its ideas before making them...
A friend managed to get funding to make the exposition of a fictional sculptor who sculpted poo without using its hands... dress it up with impact, surprise, a little fun and a BIG "modern art is a shit" and tadaa you dont have to "work" in 6 months...

And the bank is a ****ing damn creativity killer environment... plus the ideological irony... but heck it is a damn comfortable fluorescent hell and that is the most frightening part...

and what do i mean? do you remember the movie pleasantville? i mean im graying

tezza 26-07-2004 11:56 AM

i learnt that there will be no sumo tornament in tokyo when i go to japan in november then i will go to england then irland in december. so if any one wants to go have a beer ill see ya there.

dragonfx in the move alians vs preditor who do u think will win?

dragonskin 26-07-2004 06:13 PM

the large and troubling question for me today is " how much is one" and why.

murph 26-07-2004 08:04 PM

i learned today if you have 5.3 trillion british pounds you can buy england....

dae 27-07-2004 08:48 AM

I learned today that I hate the trains,
If I could buy England, I would do one of three things, kick everyone out or sell it on e-Bay or sell it back to the people and make a profit then buy another country and so on and get myself onto the Gobal Property Ladder.

Dae

tezza 27-07-2004 11:42 AM

i learnt how bmw got its logo... before bmw made cars they made airoplain's and adolf hitla designed the badge cuz the white propelor and the blue sky. well thats what some guy told me in a pub. when i was playing pool.

dragonfx 27-07-2004 12:19 PM

I learnt last sunday that being hit with the stream of a high pressure water cleaning device hurts, and leaves a mark not unlike that of a whip for two days...

ransick 27-07-2004 05:08 PM

I learned today........blast!...I can't remember....

tezza 28-07-2004 02:15 AM

i learnt that doom 3 will be avalibale august 3rd

watkira 28-07-2004 01:18 PM

i found out today that im really a woman

tezza 28-07-2004 03:18 PM

are u good looking and single ?

MrKnight 29-07-2004 04:00 PM

I learned today that .....Learning Maya 6-Foundation book is the same as Learning Maya 5-Foundation book.

They only changed the Cover!!!!

ransick 29-07-2004 04:43 PM

really ? whaha lol....Im sorry dude but your frase is too hilarius...but I guess you think it s*cks bigtime...

RickStefani 30-07-2004 10:11 PM

A puppy is very cute when she is pulling at your shirt in the afternoon because she wants to play. Not very cute at 4:00 in the morning pulling at your hair because she cannot sleep

dragonfx 30-07-2004 11:18 PM

you can hate a work you dont like, but they can make you hate a work that you liked...

RickStefani 31-07-2004 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kaydray
i've discovered a few things so far today, and it's only 9:15am!

1. i have a coffee problem.
evidence: i bought two cups of coffee on my way into work- one for the car, one for once i get there...i'm a chain-coffee-drinker.

2. somebody needs to come up with a one-word replacement for "one who drinks coffee." you know, like "one who smokes cigarettes" is referred to as a "smoker." couldn't just be "drinker"...

3. i like hazelnut coffee.

I am the same way. I drink enough coffee to float a battleship. The hazelnut creamer is awsome. Caffine Junky but that is a little to long. Do you also get headaches if you do not get some coffee?

Kevin 31-07-2004 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by watkira
i found out today that im really a woman
hey dude - long time no see, hows it going?

Emo 31-07-2004 12:44 AM

Today I found out the next 5 months I'll be in Hell!!!! :( pure helll

-Emo

dragonfx 31-07-2004 03:57 PM

hell? has it another name? there are lots of hells...

btw
I learnt that the worst client possible is the "me too" client...
Because he doesnt kows exactly what he wants... he just wants to be there and be dirty cheap... = lots of time stpent idiotically....

I tough copywritting was easy and graphic design was fun until i met this |@#~€¬~·/&%$ of a client...

dragonfx 02-08-2004 09:24 AM

I found out that after copywritting text again and again for 5 days for a human resources company i wanna clean my brain with soap and i get the need to retch every time i read it myself...

Kaydray 03-08-2004 08:21 PM

Quote:

Do you also get headaches if you do not get some coffee?
I don't know, i never really go without it...I don't usually do flavored creamers, i drink it black. I used to take cream and sugar, and then I thought if I started drinking it black I would like it less and stop drinking so much.
It backfired.
I found out how to use 'flash' today. it's kind of...easy.

dragonfx 20-08-2004 08:59 PM

i found out that theres a lot of unrelated ppl that seems to think they have the right to walk to me and just say: "hi, be funny and entertain me..." and/or "hey ive got this problem, be innovative and smart in solving it and patient and didactic on explaining me how you did it..."

the reason of how they came to the conclusion that i would always be funny, smart, creative or didactic at all times just for them eludes me... tough i think they think it must be their respectives "or else..."

G-Man 20-08-2004 10:47 PM

I found out today..that i'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body...

dae 21-08-2004 04:55 AM

and on that light note

everything in London closes down after 1 am.

dae

dragonfx 21-08-2004 04:55 AM

or else...

R-Tillery 21-08-2004 05:05 AM

I found out today if you keep your finger in your nose long enough, booger’s will grow out your eyes.:Pirate:

G-Man 22-08-2004 02:20 PM

i found out today...tat i miss talking to kevin
/me cries!

LEgend