Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   things i discovered today thread... (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12430)

Jay 22-08-2004 06:04 PM

I didn't find this out today, but... I really am ****ing great at Maya!!!

_J

Ankalagon 22-08-2004 06:19 PM

Ofcours you are Jango!!
I discovered today that ZoneAlarm is greatest firewall of all!!! Try it!!

murph 28-08-2004 08:36 PM

i found out today that the box set of Starwars comes out on the 20th and i can pre-order - ha ha

Jay 29-08-2004 08:00 PM

I discovered today that Onimusha 3:Demon Seige has the best 3d Animation I've ever seen!!! The opening movie is just staggering, awsome, amazing and just jaw dropping!!! Plus its a damn cool game!!!!

_J

murph 29-08-2004 08:10 PM

i found out today, that the more you use maya, the more you try to navigate though other software with the alt key depressed.

doh!

AlphaFlyte 30-08-2004 05:19 PM

What is the price of experience? Do men buy it for a song?
Or wisdom for a dance in the street? No, it is bought with the price
Of all a man hath, his house, his wife, his children.
Wisdom is sold in the desolate market where none come to buy,
And in the wither'd field where the farmer plows for bread in vain.

William Blake - 1797

dragonfx 05-09-2004 09:21 AM

uh... a 21600x21600 256mb jpg takes 45 secs and 1.8gb of scratch disk space to open....

doodle 05-09-2004 10:23 PM

Gmail is goooooooooood :D

Psuedo Realizm 07-09-2004 06:06 PM

i've learned that depression and the feeling of loneliness bring out the best in my work

dirack 07-09-2004 06:17 PM

I've learnt that you -can- break things whilst playing the piano.

dragonfx 11-09-2004 10:56 PM

i wont tell you what i found out, but it, mixed with most past descoveries has lead me to formulate the following

Hypotesis:

"If you dig enough on anything you will discover things that you wont like and probably were better left undisturbed"

to wich follows:
"You usually cant change things you dont like. Even more: the real causes of those things usually arent apparent, and the consequences derived of changing them using the wrong instruments are usually vast and sometimes chaotic"

corollary:
"ignorance is hapiness?"

dragonfx 11-09-2004 11:01 PM

There are two primary reasons that account for the existance of relligions:
1 Death
2 Fear

We want to avoid them both.

dragonfx 11-09-2004 11:26 PM

Is impossible to truly attain freedom, fairness and sustainable growth?
¥€$

dragonfx 13-09-2004 12:32 PM

To truly be a Romantic, the same as to truly be an Ecologist you got to have either loads of resources (exactly to the point where money doesnt matter to you any longer) or a clear lack of self preservation desire...

t3logy 14-09-2004 06:00 PM

I discovered today Maya can be as frustrating as facinating. There is a possible work around to a lot of stumbling blocks. That something can lack bulkiness by sight regardless of size - hmmmmmmmm not necessarily a good thing.

ckyuk 14-09-2004 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dragonfx
There are two primary reasons that account for the existance of relligions:
1 Death
2 Fear

3 Control.

What book of law is more powerfull than the bible.

CGPMaya84 14-09-2004 07:24 PM

I realized that even if you care about somebody...those feelings mean nothing unless they care about you in return...

I also learned that to truly be successful at what you do, you must always keep your head up high and strive to accomplish your goals, no matter how hard the deed, and even when it seems almost impossible, you must never give up, for you will be successful in the end. :p

dragonfx 15-09-2004 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ckyuk
3 Control.

What book of law is more powerfull than the bible.

Thats the reason somebody will want to use relligion to enhance its own power. It doesnt explains why it exists and persists, but why some want it to.

dragonfx 15-09-2004 07:30 PM

you cant evangelize a mac user, even if you almost made it based on hardware specs for the price and what soft a pc has that the mac doesnt, theyll go to the shop and return with a new G5 and a "armani" mouse after hearing the gal that sells it for 15mis...

t3logy 16-09-2004 08:59 AM

today i discovered I am totally igorant to needs of a program that is rapidly becoming my program of choice.

bah!

Jay 16-09-2004 09:09 AM

I discovered that this famous quote should be heeded by all. I have lived by this for the last ten years.....

It is not the critic who counts,
not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled,
or where the doer of deeds could have done better.
The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena;
whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood;
who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again;
who knows the great enthusiasms,
the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course;
who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement,
and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly;
so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls
who know neither victory or defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

_J

dragonfx 16-09-2004 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jango
I discovered that this famous quote should be heeded by all. I have lived by this for the last ten years.....

It is not the critic who counts,
not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled,
or where the doer of deeds could have done better.
The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena;
whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood;
who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again;
who knows the great enthusiasms,
the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course;
who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement,
and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly;
so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls
who know neither victory or defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

_J

I discovered today Cofi Anan just said yesterday that the iraq war was illegal. Too little, too late, too ignored and its face too deep in the mud because the boots of oil interests dressed as something else...

Alan 16-09-2004 01:56 PM

I discovered today (well yesterday actually :)) that segmental motion blur doesnt work in renderman on deforming geometry when the animation starts and stops within a frame... it took me the best part of 10 hours to finally realise this... :D can we say BUG?!

:ninja:
Alan

Reimo005 17-09-2004 03:35 PM

I discovered today that sport is very bad! I mean very, very baad) I sprained my elbow. medics wanted to but me sleep but it would'w take'n hours. So they just pulled it back. It hurted as hell. Now I have plastercast. Its hard to work in maya with onely one hand. can't do really anithing. :(

srry about my english :o

murph 17-09-2004 06:15 PM

i discovered today...

shivers down your back when you sing your national anthem.
And the pride you feel when we remember the people who sacrificed themselves in the Battle Of Britain....

t3logy 17-09-2004 10:05 PM

I discovered today how hard it is to be accepting of differences of opinion when I feel passionately. And I discovered that generations change but inevitably remain the same.

t3logy 19-09-2004 01:33 AM

I discovered creativity can be a fickle mistress and ignorance thwarts even the best of intentions.

dragonfx 20-09-2004 10:08 PM

forget about manually adjusting color gamma etc or letting some program do it for ya... always hit autoadjust physical button when you need to see al the richness of a just opened render, picture, etc...

I also went trough one very enlightening aplication of the logisitic curve model... the application that hubbert made... very very enlightening seen again with the current data...
:ninja:

t3logy 20-09-2004 10:21 PM

I discovered this day my grandchild has inherited the better part of me.

t3 :glasses:

PonysGirl 29-09-2004 02:45 AM

I discovered today, once again , that I become more and more my mother but even more my daughter shared that she has discovered that she is becoming me. The better parts I think. :)
I also discovered that you can teach an old dog new tricks.
And the VERY BEST thing I discovered is that my Mate brings out the best in me by simply allowing me to see an honest reflection of myself in him, supporting my efforts in personal growth and enlightenment, and not feeling compelled to "fix" me himself.

t3logy 29-09-2004 02:59 AM

I discovered today, the challenge is almost everything. I need the deadline, the challenge, the race - not to define but to inspire.

t3 :glasses:

dragonfx 05-10-2004 03:41 PM

done is better than perfect...

dragonfx 05-10-2004 03:42 PM

i learnt today that i should clean the windows desktop, just after noticing that i have 136 items on it...

t3logy 05-10-2004 05:47 PM

I learned today that blindness is not limited to sight.

t3

dae 05-10-2004 06:56 PM

i learned nothing today

Quote:

t3logy
I learned today that blindness is not limited to sight.
so true t3logy

Dae:)

3Demon 07-10-2004 03:24 PM

I learnt that this thread existed :eek:

mtmckinley 07-10-2004 03:34 PM

ditto :)

t3logy 07-10-2004 05:27 PM

I learned denigration often comes when least expected.

dragonfx 07-10-2004 06:29 PM

i learnt today that a tanker 99.9% full of CO2 does smell to something and about the interesting automatic, involuntary reaction that happens when you put your head in an inhale

(it was something like:
-me: i think that co2 doesnt smells like nothing
-Pal that makes wine: (an eyebrow up) oh... ¿sure?....
)

AlphaFlyte 09-10-2004 08:39 PM

Human relations:

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. -- Edith Wharton