Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Dragon (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12488)

CGPMaya84 08-07-2004 05:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by Dragonhawk
The bone was refering to the dinosaur bone....google on the net for dinosaur and look between the legs ( :confused: ) and then u ll understand...but okay ill delete it....and i will make the legs more smoothed on the body and less so wrong positioned....
Yes, I know what Dragonhawk is referring to...I think it is an extrusion of the hip-bone, which is seen a lot on the more bird-like dinosaurs such as velociraptor and such. It is not a "weiner," just a bone structure in a lot of those sorts of dinosaurs. Kind of like the Velociraptor image I am going to post (please note: this is an old image I made in MSPaint, so don't criticize me too much, since I have improved TONS since then! :p )

Quote:

Originally posted by Dragonhawk
i want to achieve a body shown in your image.It shall look very similar....just a bit longer....i wanted more an elegant dragon who bends slowlywhen it turns to the right or so.......image posts will follow in ca. 1.5h .......
Yeah, I think I know what kind of look you are going for Dragonhawk...if you want it to be a more elegant dragon, then maybe try arching the back and have it standing on 4 legs, as the dragon that I posted was. It was just a thought. Also, the knees looked a little off to me...the rear legs look WAY too flexible. Maybe try toning that a little more. Hope this helps some! ;)

Zyk0tiK 08-07-2004 05:52 PM

Hah the dragon has a penis! :D! frikkin awesome! :)

NextDesign 08-07-2004 10:42 PM

Yuck dude. :p Anyway great work man! Keep it up!

ransick 09-07-2004 06:26 AM

lol.....where is this going ?
:surprised :cool:

CGPMaya84 10-07-2004 02:54 AM

Uhhhh....I don't think I want to know....:confused: It all started when someone was wondering what that extrusion was between the dragon's legs....then somebody took it for a "weiner," and I said what it really was, but people are still taking the "weiner" assumptions....*rolls eyes* :rolleyes: Some men............. Lol, just kidding guys! ;)

IAmThaGuvNa 10-07-2004 03:05 AM

why cant we say penis? CGP? you have problems saying penis? hahahaha i agree i think it is an extrusion from the pelvis (not a penis)

CGPMaya84 10-07-2004 03:22 AM

No, there is nothing wrong with you guys saying "penis." I was not saying that. I was just saying that I am not really that surprised that you guys are joking about stuff like that. I was just joking around anyway, I personally don't really care if you guys say the word "penis." It is just my weird sense of humor, lol. ;) You guys can talk about all the "penises" you want...lol!! Yeah, it is definately an extrusion of the pelvis bone though. I have seen that on a lot of dinosaurs like Velociraptors, and Dragonhawk said himself it was caused by a type of dinosaur bone.

IAmThaGuvNa 10-07-2004 03:53 AM

"I have seen that on a lot of dinosaurs"
WOAH! I WANNA SEE A DINOSAUR! lol :) I know what you mean... when i was little i went to all these like.. dinosaur places and i got to look at real fossils and i remember those little... protrusions :)

CGPMaya84 10-07-2004 04:26 AM

Lol!!! Yeah, well I used to have this obsession with dinosaurs when I was younger...I did a lot of research on velociraptors and stuff back then. I even had one of those build-it-yourself dinosaur bone kits made of wood for a velociraptor, lol!!! I think the original Jurrasic Park and the second one (The Lost World) made me so obsessed with them, lol! ;) When I was in high school...I built a large, life-sized model of a velociraptor out of chicken wire, wood, and then covered it with plaster strips...it just shows how much I liked dinosaurs then, lol!!!!!!

Dragonhawk 10-07-2004 03:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
plz back to topic...

i added kinda wing on the tail and i show the un/selected (smoothed /unsmoothed) version of it.I also started a bit on the wings and i realise that i need references...does anyone have good top views of dragon wings?could also be bat wings etc. ....thx a lot in advance

Dragonhawk 10-07-2004 04:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
plz back to topic...

i added kinda wing on the tail and i show the un/selected (smoothed /unsmoothed) version of it.I also started a bit on the wings and i realise that i need references...does anyone have good top views of dragon wings?could also be bat wings etc. ....thx a lot in advance

Dragonhawk 10-07-2004 08:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and the wingholders...

CGPMaya84 11-07-2004 12:37 AM

Ehehe, sorry about that Dragonhawk, I guess we got a little carried away on that whole issue.... :( Anyway, the dragon is beginning to look a lot better in my opinion! I like how the body is a little stockier, since now it does not look as emaciated as it did before. It is really beginning to come along! ;) Also, in my opinion the wings look a little too rounded...maybe try making them resemble more like bat wings or something, since dragon wings usually resemble those of a bat's anyway. Also, this is just a thought, it is entirely up to you...but I think it would look pretty neat if you had rows of spike-like things coming out slantways on the top of the dragon's neck extending on its back and to its tail...it's kind of hard to explain, but I will maybe try posting something later with a quick sketch overtop of your dragon to show you what I mean. Keep up the great work though! :D

CGPMaya84 11-07-2004 12:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi again Dragonhawk. I decided to post a quick drawing of a dragon wing I did in paint with cell shading. Hehe, don't mind my sloppiness, since I did it rather quickly ...:bored: but maybe it will help you create the dragon wings. ;)

CGPMaya84 11-07-2004 01:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And here is a pic of the dragon with the "spines" I was referring to...it is entirely up to you if you want to do it or not.