Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Modern/retro pod racer (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1936)

brian_ellebracht 06-11-2002 05:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
THought that if it was white it would show the geometry better. Let me know what you think, I think the colors really take away from it. Grr.... let me knwo if you have any ideas. THanks Brian

Oculus 06-11-2002 06:05 PM

Damn... thats lookin really cool! Great detail.

brian_ellebracht 06-11-2002 07:20 PM

Driver (FINNALLY!!)

1 Attachment(s)
Thought that this would be really funny. Let me know what you think, The original model was made my my friend Kurt Wood, I added the bones skin weights, and now I am adding glasses and a hat let me know what you think, I will post more when I get a chance. THanks,
Brian

kbrown 06-11-2002 07:51 PM

hilarious :D

he looks like a teenage-rebel-mutant-E.T. :D

brian_ellebracht 06-11-2002 08:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ha thats funny, I have some really good sound effects of him screaming, so you can hear him scream as he flys by. Here he is on the bike

brian_ellebracht 06-11-2002 08:12 PM

I am going to make him hunched over and stuff, but I still need to work on my skin weights some more before i can do that. THanks,
Brian

adldesigner 06-11-2002 08:18 PM

LoL! That clip will be hilarious! I can imagine that!

brian_ellebracht 06-11-2002 09:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a new update on the engine, with air filters.

brian_ellebracht 06-11-2002 10:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Last one today, I really need your help let me know if it is better or worse with the coil overs, looks kind of bulky to me, I am just about to say this model os complete.
Thanks Brian

adldesigner 07-11-2002 01:40 AM

I´d say it does look a bit bulky, takes out all the fly-ability look it had ... however if you feel comfortable with it, then let it then. It´s actually a great piece of work so it shouldn´t matter that much anymore. (Besides you always need some coil on the landing gear right? or is it hidraulics? LOL I don´t know!)

Rodi 07-11-2002 01:53 AM

how do you render like the last image?

brian_ellebracht 07-11-2002 03:42 AM

GI_Joe

GI _Joe all the way. But then again I am using a dual 2.4 athalon System. So it renders rather fast. On my single P4 1.4g it renders alot slower because there are so many poly's. I am thinking about taking off the landing gear, and I might replace it with some type of Hovercraft system.
Thanks for all of your replies.
brian :banana:

brian_ellebracht 07-11-2002 01:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I don't like the look of the coil overs either. Let me know if this is a good idea or not, I will add more detail for the final model, but this was just a test to get your input, but what if I had adjustable "hover" engines on the side and bottom, that can fold up. Let me know what you think thanks,
Brian

brian_ellebracht 07-11-2002 02:30 PM

Hmm... how the hover fans are going to work...

Can't attach a zip some kind of fatal error within the site... Its 1.5 mB

brian_ellebracht 07-11-2002 03:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, here is the latest, I went ahead and remodeled all of the structure or support that holds on the editional fans/motors. Let me know what you think thanks,
Brian
Once I get this aspect of the model completed, I am going to work on the details, and finnaly start the animation.