Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   From were are You? (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21329)

Some Guy 04-08-2006 07:32 AM

I'd give that a go, I cant stand the stuff though. It is too salty. I havnt had any in about a year but there always seems to be a jar of it in the cuboard.

And for you information i am not really a city slicker ;) I lived on a farm for a few years (Two to be exact).
Granted there were no animals and it has now turned into a winery but it was still a farm.

Edit: Just tasted some vegemite then. It isnt as bad as i remember it was

mirek03 04-08-2006 09:59 AM

YOU CITY SLICKER YOU, :)
ok your on, vegemite at ten paces. ;)

see you at dawn :)

mmoore5553 04-08-2006 11:13 AM

hahhah vegemite ..too funny

some guy ..if i was on a farm and turned winery i dont think i would be too upset lol :beer:

Some Guy 04-08-2006 01:45 PM

Yeah but we got kicked out :bandit:

Mirek: Workin on it now...

farbtopf 04-08-2006 03:06 PM

hey traindog,

I tried marmite, not sure if that's anything like vegimite, but it was disgusting:eek:
Do you like korean food? Has kim chi burned a hole in your throat yet?

traindog 04-08-2006 06:51 PM

mirek....Yeah i'm a guitar player...been doin it for about 16 years...Toured most of Aus.....great life not good for the liver if you know what i mean..;) But its in my blood I guess..(the music that is!) Ive tried to get away from it (yes its true..Burned out a bit) but it keeps comin back...I'm lucky to have found a kick arse band over here in Korea...we seemed to have taken the place by storm....just me and three american boys tearin it up...........
Took a while to get used to playin with the yanks ..(no offence to the americans..hehe) and we will be going to the states early next year...But i know what you mean about this community...all crazy artist minds..so its very cool.

mirek, you gotta a site where i can here some of your stuff? 40 years?? man thats awsome....a true muso..rock on bro..

you can also check my bands website HERE

farbtopf : yeah it took me about a year to get used to Kimchi!!! haha...spicy stuff there mate...but i eat it almost everyday now...I really do love there food here now..there bbq beef is friggin awesome..But i still cant believe how hot the chicks are here:eek: ...will be sad to leave.

anyway, loving this site and community...Maya is a great place for me to kick back from the loudness of rock and enter the quite artist place in my mind.....

:beer:

mirek03 05-08-2006 06:02 AM

yea, not good for the liver, and thats if your lucky..?? it can be worse as i found out and subsequently sent my career into a spiral downward which is just starting to spiral upward at a pace I'm not too sure of, a lot of movies to write music for suddenly. I think I'd be dead without music, i think it has a passion and a connection with the great beyond, and i mean beyond. No site my friend, i just managed to figure how to use mSN lol. I can send you some of the movies as they are made but it seems movie makers demand the music NEXT WEEK which is weird because i don't get to see the product until 6 months later.
I'm using cubase, little time to write songs these days but only sounds capes, 'feel' rather than songs, trying to draw emotion with sound, trying to use primal sound to create a response,eg, the sound of a heavy thumping rhythm could remind the mind of danger via primal memory, you know the heavy fall of T-Rex's feet as they hit the ground in a rhythm that the cellular memory might remember. I;m serious if you think i am joking, i am not. so mainly mate that is (at the moment) what i do (though i did leave school at 15 to join a rock band so i know what you mean, i was in many more after that, no time now) .., and a meltdown destroyed what songs i did do (for my mother) because i tend to ditch everything as simply sketches which is something i have been told NOT to do lol). we'll keep in touch on this. sounds like your kicking arse there mate. my wife is in Japan and i had thought about going there to teach English when i get my degree and checking out the anime, the lifestyle and making some sort of movie there, and starting a band because i imagine the western boys would have an advantage in Asia. i was in a band in Bali, but Bali being Bali they couldn't pay us cash so they paid us in booze ?? so yes, they liver??poor soul.

great web site you have, looking very cool my friend, looks like a great bunch to work with. watch that liver.

I still get lessons because i believe one can never stop learning. I also need it to keep my mind focused in this area as all else i am doing revolves around it. It is my main area of interest

As for the Vegemite, haven't started that yet, but will. I am in the middle of the war in Bosnia at the moment with a Dalmatian and a girl in a red coat, one helped the other survive. (its a script)

anyway, vegemite at ten paces. :)

mirek03 05-08-2006 08:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
g'day. owzitgoin'??

Lt Jim 06-08-2006 12:26 AM

I've been on SM for a while now and just noticed this thread! For the record, I was born in Queens, New York City. I presently live in Queens, New York City. I sometimes feel like I'm one of the few New Yorkers I know who was actually BORN there!

I had no idea so many of you were from all over the globe!

Anyway, what I don't get is that Kraft apparently makes Vegemite. WHY don't they sell it in the USA? To this day, I've never tried it. How does it taste? :-)

Carry on!

mirek03 06-08-2006 12:49 AM

it might sound strange but i have never met anyone outside of Australia who can eat it, and thats the truth. some of the other guys may have but i never have; which may explain why they dont sell it over anywhere else. it is yeast based and vey salty and you must spread it thin and i think that might be the problem, i think a lot of people who try it from another country dont know the required dose, so to speak, when you eat it. its a bit like salty sump oil.

new youk new york, i'd love to see that. :)

marlonjohn 06-08-2006 02:32 AM

even though its abit salty and looks abit like natella(donno if i spelt it right) its actually very nice.

Would you also like a shrimp on the barby? with a bottle of v.b.

[EDIT]

i was bored so i made this is maya lol, enjoy
kinda looks like mirek03 vegemite image :P

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/5798/vegcopyds0.png

mirek03 06-08-2006 10:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i stand in challenge lol

something very unexpected, a vegemite challenge :)

here's mine.. and throw some beer in the batter

how did ou get the lines on the lid?? you know, the dents in the lid

Sepraud 06-08-2006 11:41 AM

Hi everyone!

I'm from Portugal and I'm living there (here) too.

It's good to know that this community is spread all over the world! :)

marlonjohn 06-08-2006 11:42 AM

do i smell a challenge? or some vegimite :P
haha hey mirek,
ermm about the dints in the lid, i though about it for a while....
i justed cranked up the polygonclinder(lid) subdivisions axis to 200 then i selected every 2nd row, excluding the top and bottom vertex and yeah, if you need anyhelp just give us a nudge/buzz.

you bring the shrimps and ill bring the v.b.
"Victoria Bitter Ad"
; a kabab and a vb, if you come late home and the wife dosnt kill you, the kabab sause will ;

mirek03 06-08-2006 10:42 PM

i had this crazy and abandoned thought; wouldn't it be great if everyone did something that represented their country whether it comical or serious? something quick.

MattTheMan 07-08-2006 12:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
lol, this is my contribution- a 5 minute sketch of our great great (crappy) president :)

mirek03 07-08-2006 12:21 AM

im getting the feeling that there is a vast differance between the people of america and the president of america. he seems as well liked there as he is in the rest of the world; and we all know how he gets voted in.. one thing for sure, he'll never be assasinated. better stop there or i'll be assasinated.

maya goes political???

Joopson 07-08-2006 12:36 AM

Matt is a Democrat?

idk, i love George Bush, and don't see why people don't.... then again my family is republican ;)

MattTheMan 07-08-2006 12:44 AM

nah, I don't have a preference, and let's not make this a political flame war, but Kerry no doubt would have been 10x worse.

mirek03 07-08-2006 01:00 AM

sorry, didnt understand. polotics is not too serious here. moving right along, i still like the idea of modeling something that is indiginous to one's country...

BMS 07-08-2006 02:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the leader of our nation.

Pretty Crappy Picture, but I can't draw and I'm really crappy with a Wacom.

marlonjohn 07-08-2006 05:51 AM

hahaha great drawing of Mr howard BMS,
except you need to draw abit more bushy eyebrows :P
i shoudnt really critasize him because he knows my parents :eek:
go liberal party! :bow: just kidding,

mirek03 07-08-2006 06:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i must be confused as ever, i thought our prime minister was Dame Eddna
?? beats me..??

BMS 07-08-2006 06:36 AM

She would be more honest than any other current politican . . so it could do us some good. I would vote for her . . him . . you know what I mean ;)

mirek03 07-08-2006 07:58 AM

i hear yu..., :)

marlonjohn 07-08-2006 09:30 AM

hahah same i would vote

Some Guy 08-08-2006 06:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
"Allo My little Loverlies"

That is two transvestites for the aussie's...

i think tere are a few more aswell.

egiammar2 08-08-2006 06:56 AM

Hi!
I am ITALIAN and I live in Switzerland....
...Missing the sun!!!!:D :D

mmoore5553 08-08-2006 06:58 AM

Switzerland

do they have big busted blondes with pigtails that cook and clean ... like the movies hehhe

if so I am sooooo there. ..screw maya ..more blondes with accents lol

Galadiel 08-08-2006 07:36 AM

Hi :beer:

i`m a german girl and live in Germany, near the netherlands :p

Gala

mmoore5553 08-08-2006 07:43 AM

omg I love the little spock

Galadiel 08-08-2006 08:14 AM

hehe *live long and prosper* mmoore5553 ;)

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/cool1.gif

mmoore5553 08-08-2006 09:15 AM

:beer:

traindog 08-08-2006 09:52 AM

hey everyone, ive been off for a while doing the band thing......
So funny to come back and read whats going on in this thread!!

If the americans would take a serious look at the australian Prime minister for at least 3 minutes of one of his speeches, I dont think they would feel so bad about ol' mr. Bush...HAHA

I really makes you wonder sometimes...how we get these people to rule.....anyway

love the sketches guys...so funny...

mirek03 08-08-2006 10:10 AM

hey, how COULD anyone take a serious look at our prime minister? His eyes are too bushy and he's got a brown nose.., and I dont thinkits a tan.

careful, dont believe everything you see and hear..

anyway Galadiel, i was thinking of going to germany soon .., ummm, .., how long did you say you'd been using maya.., i might be able to lend a hand. :)

Redmer 08-08-2006 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Galadiel
Hi :beer:

i`m a german girl and live in Germany, near the netherlands :p

Gala

germany
i almost live there i live near the german border in the netherlands :D

Galadiel 08-08-2006 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Redmer
germany