Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   A vehicle for my portfolio (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23835)

Masteryoda 15-11-2006 09:28 AM

check my other threads, i have loads of answers about my renders, as you are right, everyone asks the same thing :P more progress coming soon

Masteryoda 15-11-2006 03:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
just finished the wheels (no details yet like suspensions, brakes ect...) the interior flooring and the back lamps ect

pbman 15-11-2006 05:09 PM

hey

looks good
i can only comment on two things but they r personal preferences
it looks a litle short but if this is ur design it wil look good in the end
an the front is a little boxy for me

but only minor presonal presfs so u dont need to take ne notice just some thoughs

keep it goin

Masteryoda 16-11-2006 12:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll scan my concepts and show you my designs. I just begun the back part and interior

NeoStrider 16-11-2006 12:27 PM

i know you said you're just starting the interior, but where do you sit?

Masteryoda 16-11-2006 09:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here you go mate, interior in progress, give me some time :P to place the seats :D

erictacti 16-11-2006 09:52 PM

That is looking great so far! It has a strange look to it, both familiar, and exotic. It is kind of like a cross between something realistic, and something fantasy. Reminds a lot of vehicles designed by Akira Toriyama. Can't wait to see the finished version.

erictacti 17-11-2006 03:05 AM

I was showing your renders to some friends, and 1 question seemed to pop up quite a bit: What method did you use to get such high quality renders. Having no idea myself, can you explain, if you don't mind me asking. Thanks!

younglion 17-11-2006 04:23 AM

did you use the gi joe lights for your render? cause it looks like it. and man slow down thats some crazy progress.:beer:

Masteryoda 17-11-2006 07:54 AM

last time i;'m saying this, sry guys but everyday i get the same question...One day I'll make a tutorial for you all about my light settings. I before i used to use GI Joe but now i learned how to make them my self :) tonight I'll upodate my model :). hope this helped. next month i'll release a tutorial on how to make them :).

gster123 17-11-2006 08:42 AM

Looks good so far, the only thing that I could crit is that the proportions look a bit out to me (seems a bit short, and too chunkey), but if its your own design then, hey its up to you.

erictacti 17-11-2006 01:59 PM

Ok, cool. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for that tutorial, because your renders are gorgeous.

Masteryoda 17-11-2006 04:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thx mate, yeah soon I'll start making tutorials for ppl :), in the mean while here is the progress of my little jeepy :) as you see the deisgn short and cartoonish. But i modified it abit in size but the rest is acording to the concept design i drew as you can see :)...My teacher said "thats your maths notebook!!! Its not for sketching" :P but who cares, as long i got a concept in my mind i would like to draw it to remember all the details :P

edit: The two tires and some little stuff were added during the modelling process and i still need to add some little details but nearly ready...If you got any suggestions on what i can add as accessories i would love to hear them, I'm tying to make this one as much details as possible :)

edit: I know the drawing is crappy...

erictacti 17-11-2006 04:32 PM

Well, I'd tell your Teacher that 3D modeling and rendering kinda involves math :P

As far as suggestions go, the only thing I see that could a bit more detail is the dashboard. Other than that, you could add some cosmetic touches, just for fun. Like, a flag or something like that hanging from an antenna. You've packed so much detail into it,I really can't think of anything else.

Masteryoda 17-11-2006 06:06 PM

yeah i'm working on the dash board, i'm making the key hole, flick switches and stuff like that :) and i have to make the mud guards for the back wheels. yeah an arial at the back :)...

you think 2 bars at the back are ok? to keep the canvas on the passengers if it rains... I'll make them and tell me if they are suitable or not :)

thx