Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   THX1138 - N0RM - Jan/Feb (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24408)

THX1138 05-03-2007 07:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another close look.

THX1138 05-03-2007 07:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another one.

THX1138 05-03-2007 07:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Last one for right know.

arran 05-03-2007 01:41 PM

cool! This came out great! I really like the pose and the double wings that you added. They really make the model.

Ha ha - I know what you mean about the rigging...one headache after another!

Good job mate!:beer:

t1ck135 05-03-2007 02:48 PM

nice work THX1138 :beer:

when we going to see him/her transform???? ;)

THX1138 05-03-2007 03:29 PM

Thanks arran, that means alot. It's wierd finially seeing a design come to life, especially one thats now over 4 years old. I'm glad people like it. I had to change a few stuff just get it to move properly, what a challenge that was.

I'm glad you like the double wings. I tried to make the other ones work but they just were'nt practical enough, and they covered so much of the model. I would have had to design something so insane for them to work. I knew early on that I would have to redesign them, but I'm not one to let the cat out of the bag too soon. I like to surprize people in the end. Thats why my final entrys are nothing like my wips. So teasing people, making them think "Man this project is boring" is a fun thing to do just to keep them intrested just enough to keep comming back for more.

T1ck135: He is not really "A" transformer. He is a precurser to them. The wings are the only thing that extent and retract.

To recap what I mentioned in the beginning of the thread. This character is part of a prequel Transformer story, and he never gets the ability to transform, but he is very advanced for the time he is in for the simple fact that he can fly with out a ship. Alot of thought went into his character. Now the story does have "Transformers" in it, but they don't do it so intricately ( like the cartoon ). It's a more primitve concept of transformation, and the bad guys get it first.

Anyway, glad you like the final result! that means alot!:beer:

Some Guy 06-03-2007 01:29 AM

This is really good.

I like how you have made it with nice and clean geometry peices but it still has alot of detail. I like the overall shape of it and the pose is also really good.
Great work :beer:

Also, if you get the chance can we see it with a toon shader cause i think that would look really good on it

THX1138 06-03-2007 04:31 AM

Thanks for the kinds words Some Guy! :beer: There wasn't much to the refference pic and and it it was pretty easy to model. I like nice and simple geometry. The cleaner it is the faster it renders , so clean geometry was a major. the most fustrating part was the rigging. I would set up a rig, and pose it, only to find out it didn't have enough freedome. I spent alot of time refferencing, and remodeling parts so the joints would work right.

I will see what I can do about that vector render. I have a cool program that does vector renders alot faster than the one in maya.

Thanks again!

tweetytunes 06-03-2007 05:01 AM

dude looking very smart, but not sure about your hands - they look a bit too simple. apart from that a big thumbs up

THX1138 10-03-2007 05:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are some color composites I just finnished.

This one is a standard composite.

THX1138 10-03-2007 05:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And this one is for you toon lovers.

Give me some votes on my challenge entry please! :D

Some Guy 10-03-2007 07:15 AM

That looks great.
What did you use to do the secornd render?

Gamester 10-03-2007 08:53 AM

Very nice....Like it :D

Just one critic, it's to simple.....you could add a weapon, sword, gun, shield it's always good

THX1138 10-03-2007 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Some Guy:That looks great.What did you use to do the second render?
I used virtudub. It's a pretty cool little program.

Quote:

Originally posted by Gamester: Just one critic, it's to simple.....you could add a weapon, sword, gun, shield it's always good
Thanks for the nice comment!

I'll give him a "BIG" gun if it will give me a few votes. ;)

jsprogg 10-03-2007 01:21 PM

Hey is touting for votes allowed ? ;)

i know it's frowned upon at elections ...hehe