Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   WHA?!?!?!?!? MAYA 8.5?!? (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24655)

starjsjswars 26-01-2007 11:13 AM

Nope it only cost $365 and i dont have an allowance lol. I work for it :(

tweetytunes 26-01-2007 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by starjsjswars
Cool where do you work tunes?

I`m working for a new company called "AIFX" down in dartford uk. (near London). My boss set up a games company and had 3 smallish hits with them (dont ask me what they were i have no idea) and then was asked if he could do a trailer for someone. He then got the idea of doing a movie.

In sept 06 me and another were hired to make a teck demo of what could be done, and in Nov it blow the intvester away. In march we will be expanding.

heres a vary bad website but it has a copy of the teck-demo on it.

www.andalus.tv

Currently I have mad 8 main characters 5 secondary charaters and 3 background characters with multi body part (so they can look different but only need 1 rig) and created 32 ses of cloths as well as weapons, items people are holding. I dont have to uv map, texture or rig them (thats what the other girl does) so that helps.

Quote:

Originally posted by starjsjswars
Nope it only cost $365 and i dont have an allowance lol. I work for it :(
where the hell you getting your maya from ????

gster123 26-01-2007 05:32 PM

Think that might be the student licence

DJbLAZER 26-01-2007 10:56 PM

Haven.t heard of a student license... I've only seen Unlimited, Complete and Personal Learning Edition. So can I get a link, please?

gster123 26-01-2007 11:04 PM

Think you might need to get in contact with your reseller to get a price quote, as you need to prove that your either a education establishment (school, college, uni etc) or your a student.

There used to be links to a price, but it was on resellers sites not via alias/autodesk direct.

starjsjswars 27-01-2007 01:41 AM

http://www.studica.com/

Great site.

27-01-2007 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by tweetytunes
I`m working for a new company called "AIFX" down in dartford uk. (near London). My boss set up a games company and had 3 smallish hits with them (dont ask me what they were i have no idea) and then was asked if he could do a trailer for someone. He then got the idea of doing a movie.

In sept 06 me and another were hired to make a teck demo of what could be done, and in Nov it blow the intvester away. In march we will be expanding.

www.andalus.tv

Currently I have mad 8 main characters 5 secondary charaters and 3 background characters with multi body part (so they can look different but only need 1 rig) and created 32 ses of cloths as well as weapons, items people are holding. I dont have to uv map, texture or rig them (thats what the other girl does) so that helps.

that quite a lucky turn of events for the company

good job:beer:

i myself am i maya seven man always was and always will be i dont want all this new crap when im still learning polygons;) :p

graphiac 28-01-2007 08:28 PM

you and I both I'm still working some really basic projects and those are coming along but coming along slowly at that.

cheesly 06-02-2007 05:16 PM

I prefer maya 7 I had maya 8 but there wasn't much difference and i really didn't like it for some reason I went back to 7

danotronXX 13-02-2007 03:27 AM

same with cheesly. tried maya 8 didnt like it went back to 7.0. I dont know why they keep making new versions though nowadays with so many plugins out there especially at highend3d.com I dont really see a need for newer versions at this rate.

R-Tillery 14-02-2007 01:08 AM

Get a Platinum account at Autodesk and get all the up dates for free and monthly DVD downloads for a full year.

ZeroAlarm 14-02-2007 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by tweetytunes

www.andalus.tv

I don't suppose you take on gap year students or do apprenticeships? :p I can't find anyone who does!

I have Maya 7 and I think I'm going to stick with it for the next 4 years! I don't think many Universities upgrade their software that frequently, so when I go I'll probably be using version 6 :p