Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Nintendo Wii (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24706)

publicFunction 20-01-2007 08:06 PM

Nintendo Wii

1 Attachment(s)
Hey All,

Still bored and thought I would give the Wii a go.

Gr9 little console and I would recommend it to everyone :)

Here is a wire 'n' quick render.

mtmckinley 20-01-2007 08:09 PM

I don't have one, but isn't the Wii kind of trapezoidal in shape?

publicFunction 20-01-2007 08:14 PM

The Wii is basically a cubiod with a wedge to the front right of it. and a section cut out of the base to fit in its stand.

http://wii.qj.net/uploads/articles_m...jpreviewth.jpg

Theres a little piccy

Some Guy 20-01-2007 08:15 PM

Just got one of these the other day. It looks good. I agree with mike cause the shape is wrong. They have more of a slope to the front bit. Also i think they are a bit thinner.

Kalzenith 20-01-2007 08:17 PM

so far great, but get some lighting in there and i think the body should be whiter

marlonjohn 21-01-2007 09:45 AM

my litte cusin got one for christmas and brang it over yesterday to play with me. man they are soo fun and realistic when you play.

the model looks cool, i reckon if you re-rendered it with a white background and added a plane underneath it, it would look much cooler rather than black i think. also how did you get them blue neon lights in the cd player ransid?

marlon

publicFunction 21-01-2007 10:26 AM

Thanks for the crits all. Not sure about the dimensions but the angles front is a bit misleading as the base puts it at an angle and I have not modelled it yet. I only just started this and I have a bit to go tbh.

Quote:

Originally posted by marlonjohn
also how did you get them blue neon lights in the cd player ransid?
Quite easy to be honest...
  • Get a NURBS Circle and strech it to the desired shape of the cd feeder.
  • Rebuild the curve to 32, and then move the CV's into place to create a long thin sausage shape that follows the contour of the poly geometry.
  • Goto the render menu set, and select Paint Effects >Get Brush
  • Select the glows Folder
  • Select the Nurbs circle and then shift-click the Neon Blue.mel file
  • Goto Paint Effects > Curve Utilities > Attach Brush to Curve
  • Once done Select the Stroke Node in the Outliner and Ctrl+A to get its properties and change the Shader Glow (NeonBlue Tab > Glow > Shader Glow)
Hope thats clear enough ;)

marlonjohn 21-01-2007 10:58 AM

cool thanks for that man, if i have any problems ill just ask you :p but hopefully it wont be as hard as climbing a mountain.

cheers

starjsjswars 21-01-2007 02:52 PM

Looks good so far cant wait to see more pictures...

lol that one guy is making a xbox 360 and your making a Wii whos gonna make a PS 3?;)

marlonjohn 21-01-2007 03:00 PM

whos making a 360, id like to see it... can you link us up my friend :)

arran 21-01-2007 03:22 PM

it's looking really cool R@nSiD. Well done!

I need to get one of these!

marlonjohn 22-01-2007 03:11 PM

"I need to get one of these!"

ahaha yeah arran. i think im getting one in a couple of months... cant wait though, still trying to convince parents to get me one instead of me paying for it ;)

publicFunction 25-01-2007 08:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is more on my progress...

Needs the base textured, the Wii UV Mapped to layout the bumps and base texture... So a little way to go

starjsjswars 25-01-2007 11:46 AM

Quote:

whos making a 360, id like to see it... can you link us up my friend :)

Lol i cant find it atm i will link you when i see it again. :)

starjsjswars 26-01-2007 01:21 AM

Here it is. http://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...&highlight=360

marlonjohn 26-01-2007 01:39 AM

Cool, thanks for that :) i never even seen that thread before ...

btw nice update. haha today i was playing the wii and hurt myself. i was playing tennis with my cousin and it was my turn to serve in tennis so i threw the ball up in the air and wacked it as hard as i can since it was match point for me and i had to win... i ended up hitting his light/metal chandeliers which then spun in a 360 and neally fell on my head and my index finger went numb.

funny thing was he didnt care about my finger he cared about the wii controller ;P haha!

marlon

publicFunction 26-01-2007 01:58 AM

Quote:

funny thing was he didnt care about my finger he cared about the wii controller ;P haha!
At £34 Sterling ($65ish US, $300 Aussie :p), damn right I'd be more concerned about the controller (j/k) LOL

SpaceGoat 26-01-2007 02:55 AM

Haha another Wii mishap :p I have one too and its great fun. Got COD3 but will have to trade that in as it's seriously lame :( Good model too btw ;)

Quote:

At £34 Sterling ($65ish US, $300 Aussie ), damn right I'd be more concerned about the controller (j/k) LOL
Just gotta correct you on greatly insulting our economy. Our remotes cost $70 if you can find one ;)

marlonjohn 26-01-2007 10:29 AM

haha ransid...

"Our remotes cost $70 if you can find one"

yeah there impossible to find here in some areas :confused:

DJbLAZER 26-01-2007 10:48 AM

I thought the controllers for Wii was fun for half an hour, after that it's just a console with graphics capacity from 2002.

The model looks fine, but the glow are waaaay to exaggerated.

publicFunction 26-01-2007 08:01 PM

Shows you have not played one. Remember the Wii is not there to compete with the XBox360 or the whenever it arrives Playstation (Delayed Again) 3. Its a console in its own right. Try playing one and then play a XBox (any) or a PS and you will see it beats them hands down for any type of playability.

DJ you need to discover things for yourself and not just repeat what you have heard from others or have read online.

The best console imho. Granted the PS3 is all about looks, but thats about it and at £60 sterling for a game they can keep it too.

SpaceGoat 26-01-2007 08:16 PM

It's also official that the Wii is indeed winning the console wars and some industry professionals say it will stay at the top for another 2 years till Xbox and PS3 slowly take over. Also many people think the PS3 is just not worth it with one man boldly claiming that it should just be recalled. But sorry I'm not really trying to start a console argument here as they are all pretty good and have their own strengths.

And back on topic. When are those new renders gonna come in :D

DJbLAZER 26-01-2007 10:59 PM

Ransid, as I wrote I played one and as I also wrote it has a news factor for 30 mins, after that It's just a Gamecube with a new controller, a controller that lacks accuracy. This is my opinion and no one else's.

publicFunction 26-01-2007 11:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Still say that the opinion you have given is limited to 30 mins then!!! But lets not argue about it. The controllers I have are 100% accurate... And do exactly what I want.

publicFunction 28-01-2007 07:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK slaving away... Here is another render.

arran 28-01-2007 07:20 PM

looking very cool R@nSiD!:beer:

Still trying to get my hands on one of these but they are sold out everywhere I go.:shakehead

marlonjohn 29-01-2007 04:06 AM

haha looks like the wii for for sure now, i like the look of it espeicially the cd, great job on that lol!

well i can say for sure is that after playing for 20 mins you get over one game, then you continue to the next lol... your arm gets soo tired you have to rest or sometimes even take of your t-shirt lol

marlon

(try preordering it online if your not too scared from buying it off the internet arran lol, or go to your local games store and pre-order it there)

SpaceGoat 29-01-2007 07:49 AM

Wow that looks great. Love the disc

gster123 29-01-2007 11:08 AM

Looking really good!

The CD looks great as well as the overall model, have you done the otherside of it, CD, i mean?

publicFunction 29-01-2007 12:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have done the other side of the CD, but I cant get the shader right to give the rainbow effect. If anyone kknows how that would be gr8.

gster123 29-01-2007 01:17 PM

Theres a CD shader on highend 3d, think it uses the antroscopic shader.

Also if youve got it I think theres a tutorial in the Maya Rendering book by Alias.

starjsjswars 29-01-2007 01:57 PM

Nice work dude Cool beans.

publicFunction 29-01-2007 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by gster123
Theres a CD shader on highend 3d, think it uses the antroscopic shader.

Also if youve got it I think theres a tutorial in the Maya Rendering book by Alias.

Cheers G. I looked at the shader in highend 3D but its for CDR's and doesn't fit into the silver production discs. I have the special effect handbook from Alias, so I might look at that to see if it covers it. If not then I will leave it as it is.

I know the shader is based off of a ramp or 2 and is linked to antistrpoic shader that I would need to link into the DGS material

Starjsjswars : thx for the support.

Thx to all who have commented and supported. I have a DVD Case and the Wii Remote to model before the scene is completed. So on I go...

NeoStrider 29-01-2007 05:36 PM

LOL you guys mean anisotropic?

publicFunction 29-01-2007 06:16 PM

Yeah Thats the one... :blush:

gster123 29-01-2007 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by NeoStrider
LOL you guys mean anisotropic?
Yeah that it, spelling aint my strong point!

Just have a look at some of my other posts!

publicFunction 31-01-2007 01:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You lot must be bored with this by now...

So heres another render to cheer you up LOL

NeoStrider 31-01-2007 01:46 PM

oh i'm just waiting for the controller... one with and one without the 'nunchuk' portion :)

marlonjohn 31-01-2007 11:05 PM

i dont know if its me but the cd reflection on the wii looks abit too light, well thats what i think...

haha great job with the case, looks great... comeon chris, make the two controllers now :p it will be a master peice then lol.

NeoStrider 01-02-2007 05:53 AM

i don't think it's the reflection from the cd, i think it's just the light in combination with the glow from the slot.