Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Nintendo Wii (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24706)

publicFunction 01-02-2007 06:56 AM

The combination of the lights GI, FG, and the 2 spots along with the glow is making that whole area overburn. Its something I want to sort.

NeoStrider 01-02-2007 08:37 AM

i would think you should actually be able to control that better by changing some attributes in the shader for the wii instead of tinkering with all those other things... *shrug*

gster123 01-02-2007 08:44 AM

The shaders look fine on the other render, so rarther than changing the shaders to match the lights I would do it the other way round.

chris - Think you just need to balance the lighting, looks like youve got a HDR image on it which will be adding lighting, so you might be best off rendering in regions to see the changes and get a nice balance.

publicFunction 01-02-2007 08:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just need to ensure I dont get any overburn off of the Wii and still keep it lit as white and not let it turn that grey colour. So as u said steve keep the balance right.

Heres another update

tiddles 01-02-2007 09:04 PM

Woah! Impressive stuff R@nSiD. I had to do a double take when I first saw the control (thought it was real)

I like your textures/shaders, my only crit is that I think the background environment lets it down a little (not that I have a helpfull suggestion tho :p ).

Also, just a thought, I rekin this scene might be a candidate for an over night render in Maxwell.

Well Done :beer:

Dave.

publicFunction 02-02-2007 07:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thx Dave.

Not a fan of Maxwell, the renders just take too long for me to even think of. Plus I get to play with MR (yes its a pain) and it renders in under 10 mins usually, but its used everywhere and is the standard of the majority of studios... Not that Maxwell is bad.

Still to model the wrist strap (really looking forward to that - NOT) and the Nunchuck. Once I have the done its a final render and tweeks.

Incase the image is not as clear as the last few, I normally render a HD720 image and then crop it, resize it and then save it as a jpg. This time I just could not be bothered :blush:

Anyway, here is an update.

tiddles 02-02-2007 08:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
That shinny desk/bench top texture is really starting to sell it for me now.

Nice one!

Co0KiEmAn 02-02-2007 08:36 AM

Good progress. The remote looks almost reflective. I'd love to see another render with more thought put into the composition of the image.

Nice job so far, keep it up.

DJbLAZER 02-02-2007 09:38 AM

What material is the floor supposed to have? It looks like wood with a glass plane on top... if it should be wood turn down the reflectivity a whole lot.

publicFunction 02-02-2007 09:42 AM

Heard of Varnish!!!

DJbLAZER 02-02-2007 10:08 AM

I don't think it's possible to get wood that polished, but whatever floats your boat.

publicFunction 02-02-2007 01:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Water usually :p

marlonjohn 02-02-2007 03:55 PM

superb chris! haha love the remote soo much... only crit i have is the thingo which hooks onto your hand from the remote, looks abit too thin...

is there anything else your going to add? or is it finished

DJbLAZER 02-02-2007 09:36 PM

Let's see a close-up of the remote.

publicFunction 25-02-2007 12:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Still workin on this, but haven't done anything for a while due to a cold. Anyway, here is the start to the end just need to do the Nunchuck grip and sort out the lighting, tweak the reflectivity, finish off a little bit of texturing & Redo the Wii Sports DVD. Once done its time to composite.

Comments as usual :)

MattTheMan 25-02-2007 02:12 PM

whoa quite nice :)

publicFunction 25-02-2007 02:24 PM

Hey Matt!!

Thx, long time no type. How has things been with you?

I would love to get involved with the RPG m8. Where do you want me to send images too. I have quite a few bits from the MMO I was working on last year, but none of the images or models were used so they are up for grabs if you want any of them. They are still my intellectual property and were used soley as 3D Concept Art once I left.

MattTheMan 25-02-2007 02:31 PM

yeah, I know, I've been busy with stuff. I got a day off school today due to snow, so I decided to check these forums out again :D

as of now, I'm not doing anything for the RPG until I get my computer re-installed completely. So many more things I need to do, but I'll message you when I'm done and you can join the team too :)

publicFunction 25-02-2007 02:33 PM

Thx m8. Good Luck with school n stuff. :)

Snow Days Rool :p

mirek03 20-03-2007 02:09 AM

hi crew, hows it all goin?? I have a friend making a doco that will most likely go to air.
she needs one of these creatures, this ancient .., marsupial.

If you like, I cant remember who is actually making it.., if you like, she would love to use this model for the show (if you can animate it).., what say you??

cheers. ( of course all credits and ethics will be adhered to.., it is professional.)

I just aint good enough

mirek03 20-03-2007 02:11 AM

sorry wrong thread.