Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   yoda (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25202)

Perfecto 27-12-2010 10:42 PM

Are you still working on his eyes? I ask because everything is looking so incredible awesome but for some reason his eyes don't seem as high of quality as the rest of him.

mastone 27-12-2010 11:12 PM

LOL, the eyes are just placeholders I have imported in ZBrush, but to get a bit character I painted the eyes a bit instead of rendering with the white globes, so in short yes I will do the eyes properly ;)

mastone 29-12-2010 02:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well here is a testrender I did with renderman, generating each set of maps( body, cloth and cape) costed around 30-45 minutes to generate so it was a reall test of patience had some Zbrush crashes in the meantime as well, but in the end quite worth it :playfull:

bullet1968 29-12-2010 02:19 PM

Mate that does look cool...hmmmm Star Wars...jeez man that seemed so long ago..sigh...light sabre at the end mate?? or character only, it will be?

cheers bullet

mastone 30-12-2010 02:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Go the whole nine yards with this one I will ...

I spent the better part of the day (and night apparently) tweaking shaders light and all that sod.
But without wanting to be arrogant....it is AWESOME :)

bullet1968 30-12-2010 03:06 AM

maybe a tad bright on the dome you are.. a little light under the chin, needed it is. LOL that does look much better though mate

cheers bullet

AWESOME bahahahahah

mastone 31-12-2010 02:05 PM

A bright light it is, but like it al the more I do.
But testing out renderman I am so away put your weapons I mean you no harm LOL.

Started rigging I have and fall to the dark side I probably will, since tedious and slow this proces is

honestdom 31-12-2010 03:05 PM

hey looks really good!
I agree the top light is burning things out. I also think the texture on the cloth looks like its the wrong scale and stretched/skewed. I don't get why the cloths are lighter inside?

Still dont know why you are using renderman :P
its cool, but you could get the same result in mental ray and not spend 350 quid on a renderman license!

mastone 31-12-2010 04:05 PM

Hey Honest

Glad you like it ;)
With regards to the cloth: I did this on purpose I am doing a hommage to the puppet yoda from the empire strikes back ( although I do take a bit artistic license..) and there his cloth seams are even larger, it also enhances the fact that he is small in size.
The reason I use renderman is the same reason I use Maya over 3ds max, it speaks to me the camera effects are blazingly fast displacement renders just as quickly as if it isn't even there I have used 8K maps and it still renders out in 15 minutes.
regarding the light I off course see that the top is bright, but going down it gives (at least on my monitor(s) )a reall nice fall of, i am not saying this will be the definite lighting scheme, nor that is the perfect lighting set up, but i can see everything just fine .
don't know why the cloth at the back is brighter could be because of the hdr image or the sss-shader, but it will be fixed upon finalizing

mastone 06-01-2011 02:09 AM

Got a bit sick of rigging today , so did a testrender on a modified mesh hope you like it
C & C is most welcomehttp://www.eyellem.nl/rendermantestrender.jpg

mastone 12-01-2011 06:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Have been fiddling with getting on some of his hair ( amongst other things):playfull:

bullet1968 13-01-2011 03:32 AM

looking good mate....are you going to put him in the Dagobah scene?

cheers bullet

mastone 13-01-2011 11:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah how did you know?
I have been making a start with it actually

bullet1968 14-01-2011 12:35 AM

There was a disturbance in the force....strong it was.

Well it was a wild guess...judging by his age and the fact he was in Dagobah when Luke went for training, so a guess LOL. Looking good man!

cheers bullet

mastone 16-01-2011 04:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ah the force run strong in your family it does ;)

Have been fiddling with the stick and his hair