Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Commodore 64 (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26417)

t1ck135 03-06-2007 03:55 AM

looking very nice DJbLAZER, I like all the little symbols under the main keys (again I'd forgotten about them).
A bit of a worn look around the case will definitely add that extra realism like on your datasette.

I remember programming a pumpkin sprite by creating a chart and working out all the bit/byte values to get the sprite dots in position. I then began figuring out how to move the sprite with a joystick but just as I got one axis working we sold the computer and got an Amiga. Unfortunately the manual for Amiga basic was so bad (and therefore hard) that it put me off programming till I left Uni in 98 ;)

Si

Rhetoric Camel 03-06-2007 04:35 AM

wow that looks great. I wish the keyboard I modeled came out looking that clear.

DJbLAZER 06-06-2007 06:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I added a slight bump to everything so it looks more realistic in close-ups.

DJbLAZER 06-06-2007 06:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And also almost finished a model I started a long time ago. Just some minor texture/material things I'm gonna change. This is the old classic TAC-2. Gonna use it in the final scene with the 64.

06-06-2007 06:30 PM

Wow, I wish I was that good at lighting and rendering.

younglion 06-06-2007 07:15 PM

very nice work man, can you explain your lighting setup?

DJbLAZER 06-06-2007 07:25 PM

I'm using Maxwell Renderer. I have 3 rectangular lights. Two white and one yellow. And a grey environment that casts a bit of ambient light.

ctbram 06-06-2007 07:48 PM

I know the results look fantastic but I heard maxwell render times are ridiculous. Like 20+ hour renders are normal. Fear of taking days to render a single image has kept me from investigating further. How has your first hand experience been using maxwell?

What is the advantage of using maxwell?

arran 06-06-2007 08:10 PM

Wow!! You are killing me DJ - the joystick is looking fab mate.

Keep it up - looking forward to seeing the final scene!

:beer:

DJbLAZER 06-06-2007 08:10 PM

These pics took about 5-10 hours. It depends when you think the image is done, the longer it renders, the less noisy image. But yeah around 10-20 hours are normal. But then again, if you render with MR and want the same quality you can't expect to render in 1 hour either.

Pros: Don't have try tons of settings to get a nice render. Almost "press render and wait". You can spend the time tweaking the materials instead.

Cons: It takes time. You can't optimze the renders that much.

DJbLAZER 06-06-2007 08:16 PM

Thanks arran!

plaski 08-06-2007 01:02 AM

all your keyboard needs now is a crap load of dust inbetween the keys. lol. I can't tell if its 3d or a photo.

younglion 08-06-2007 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DJbLAZER
I'm using Maxwell Renderer. I have 3 rectangular lights. Two white and one yellow. And a grey environment that casts a bit of ambient light.
thanks for the info

Quote:

Originally posted by plaski
all your keyboard needs now is a crap load of dust inbetween the keys. lol. I can't tell if its 3d or a photo.
yea it need some dust now, i think he can use an ambient occlusion pass for that or just do some post work in ps.

marlonjohn 08-06-2007 02:59 PM

Pulled it off like usual DJ ... love the close-up render alot, stunning ;)

Marlon J

[EDIT: haha love the TAC2 aswell :p]

DJbLAZER 12-06-2007 07:47 AM

Dust between keys? Nah, I wont bother with such extreme detail, and the guy who shot the keyboard just vacuumed it anyway ;)

Well, here's the final render of TAC-2. Did some changes to the buttons and did a whole lot of renders to tweak scratches and stuff.

http://andreas.blazer.nu/pictures/48b.jpg