Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Realistic Character (Some nakedness) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26511)

Some Guy 09-06-2007 03:16 AM

After doing some...study :bandit: on anatomy and whipping out the anatomy books , i have tried to make the back a bit better. I'm just going around to all the parts that bug me and am tidying them up.

Some Guy 09-06-2007 03:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And the picture...

Some Guy 09-06-2007 06:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I redid the skin texture. This one is a bit better in my opinion.

gster123 09-06-2007 08:07 AM

Hey someguy I thiunk that the tool that you mean is the Z project tool, its a bit of a pain to get going properly as it can cause some horrid stretching in some areas but if your careful with the positioning and scaleing of the model (you'll know what I mean when you do it) its great.

Did you use the Z project to texture of use the 3d tile in the projection master? ior Even paint them yourself?

Some Guy 09-06-2007 08:20 AM

That could be it. i remember seeing it in a feature list or something and it allows all the data of one model o be transferred to a completely different (Topology) model.

At this stage all the texturing has been done with the 3d painting mode. I'm gonna convert them to a texture and photoshop them later.

gster123 09-06-2007 08:59 AM

Yeah thats the one, it also allows you to texrture using photo ref, similar to the clone tool in photoshop but from a 2d pic to a 3d mesh, as well as modeling from one model to another, I think that it also allows you to use a 2d grayscale pic and then "paint it" as a 3d mesh, if its not that tool then ithere another one that does that though!

Some Guy 09-06-2007 09:30 AM

Cool, i'll look into it.

Some Guy 09-06-2007 12:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Update,
after bringing the mesh into maya i reshaped the head to better fit the references. I think it is in alot better proportions now. Theres a funny thing around the eyebrow area but it will be covered or fixed up later.

09-06-2007 01:27 PM

ya its from dogma you should see it sometime

right now she looks way too butch for my personal liking but with personal preference aside its great so far:beer:

Some Guy 09-06-2007 07:26 PM

Thanks, Today i'm gonna work on making her a bit more feminine if i can. I may also re-do the clothing with better references because i am changing the body so much it is hard for them to stay a similar shape to it.

Some Guy 09-06-2007 08:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Iv'e tried to make her face less 'butchier'

wokendreams 09-06-2007 10:28 PM

First, not at all sexy. Seconed I love it. The way its so not average just takes it to a whole differnt level of realism. Its crazy the differnce it makes to have her so ... unique. Anyway I like how you fixed the face she looked really pissed off or something. I think her ass sags too much for her build though. Either that or the legs are clenched. Also is there a good beginers guide to z brush you know of, I've tried a few and I've exeprimented but I cant seem to get past the novlty of it and find its usefullnes; the kind of usefullness you illistrate with this piece. Thanks for sharing your modle too. Bye.

Some Guy 09-06-2007 11:51 PM

I wanted to make just a normal person for this so I'm glad it worked. In a way its more challenging because of all the imperfections you have to make. I'll try to fix up some more parts of it today.
As for a beginners guide to Zbrush the most i can recommend is the help menu. There are a few tutorials to get you started. Most of this was just me experimenting with he different tools until i found some i liked.

Some Guy 10-06-2007 08:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok...
After a hard hour or so session this is where i am at.
I have basically finished sculpting and unless anyone can see something that needs to be fixed i am ready to go to the next step, which is...
-Creating realistic looking clothing
-Creating hair, eyes, textures
-Rigging
-rendering out a few images

Heres a render with the default material and no textures to show some details. I'll render out a turnaround tomorrow.

Crits and comments are appreciated :)

gster123 10-06-2007 11:05 AM

Hi Someguy

Looking pretty good, the only crits that jump put at me are that the shoulders seem high, almose like she's lifting them up a bit, kind of like if she's semi shrugging her shoulders (thats the best way I can describe it) also she seems a bit tense, line shes tensing her muscles, maybe a bit of smooth between the muscles to less define them would do the job.