Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   IndianaJones (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29188)

digidan 19-03-2008 01:09 PM

the ear could be a little bigger tooi think.not as big as your yoda's ears though.;)

mastone 19-03-2008 02:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You could be right about the ears there dan, so i will look into that , but for now my small progress....

mastone 25-03-2008 11:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Been fiddling around with Indy some more, I'm not happy with the hat so i will probably redo it.
I've mad the ears a bit larger and placed them a little better.
C&C is welcome:beer:

mastone 03-05-2008 11:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I haven't posted here for a while due to some hardware problems i had, which caused several maya shutdowns an hour.
But today everything worked again so here's my progress;

I've started with the body, i layed out uv's of the head and fiddled around in zbrush and i luckily picked it up in notime again (not that i am an ace brusher, now)
C en C is welcome off course

mastone 03-05-2008 11:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and the head.................

mastone 04-05-2008 03:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I tried painting the texture using the zprojectbrush today i had a hard time finding good refferencephoto's for the texture (front and side images which aren't overlit, or very tiny), so i had to rotate the model till it matched the refference photo.

C en C is welcome

mastone 20-06-2008 11:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fiddled around with ZBrush some more and i have to say i think i have it right this time.
Let me know what you guys think.

I was also wondering how you paint textures in ZBrush, so that the color is 1 to 1 in photoshop/maya, it also seems that the color seem to differ when i switch materials in ZBrush(so when i choose pink as a color it can change a lot depending on the underlying material.

gster123 26-06-2008 08:52 AM

Choose something like the fast shader and then flood it white and go form there.

If you want to see the RAW clour without any of the material showing through theres a plain colour material (nest to the fast chader I think, that will show just the colour map.

mastone 07-01-2009 05:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well it's been awhile, but i didn't have the time to work on it (excuses, excuses)
i departed ZBrush for a while(love the program but somehow i can work a bit more accurate when in maya ) and i went back into Maya to work on the basemesh for a bit.
I also started modeling a church between refining indy and sleep :)

I think i have the shape of his face right this time(nose needs some work aswell as his ears), but maybe a fresh pair of eyessay otherwise :)

C and C is welcome:beer:

shon8000 07-01-2009 07:06 PM

hehe that eyebrow picture was just priceless, made my day :D great work :)

mastone 08-01-2009 04:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah that eyebrow thingy is going to follow me for quite some time, i think :p

I have been tweaking some more today( see picture)

I also stumbeld upon something strange when i export the model as an OBJ and import it in to ZBrush somehow the mesh was different(i matched al the settings in Zbrush, camera lens focal length, image/documentsize), It looked like sort of a mix between the model and the UV map, maybe some of you guys have stumbeld upon this aswell otherwise i will post an example image tomorrow.

C and C is welcome :beer:

mastone 09-01-2009 02:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
progres............. :)

mastone 10-01-2009 07:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think i got the shape of his face bang on now :)

I saw an amazing Indy the other day on CG talk, absolutely superb texturing, to bad his upperface wasn't that good and the hat's a bit off but otherwise it would be him;

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthre...hlight=indiana

Needless to say i don't go to CG Talk anymore, it's not good for my ego (LOL)

gster123 11-01-2009 09:25 AM

Its looking closer but the ear throws it off it looks stuck on rarther than organicly there.

mastone 11-01-2009 02:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
@gster;
" ...the ear throws it off it looks stuck on rarther..."

-that's probably because it wasn't attached yet at the time;)

I've dabbed my hand in creating realistic textures today and this is the best i got out of it for today....