Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Lamborghini Project (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31260)

oldhippie_tom 04-12-2008 02:33 AM

Murambi, good morning and thank you for comments. I am surprised it is coming together as it is. You need to know that I am following a tutorial to do this. Although I don't use some of the tools he uses, I surely would not have done it without guidance. I could never get a grip on the proportions on the inside of the cars.

Thanks once again and have a GOOD day!!!

oldhippie_tom 05-12-2008 01:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good morning everyone. I had taken a day from my project after finishing the interior. I had thought about what Mayaniac had said in regards to alot of texturing I was going to need to do. I think I am going to go back and try and catch up on the texturing before doing the engine. I want to try at least get the outside done and maybe the interior.

I am colorblind to shades of colors so I got some advise on what the base color of the color I wanted to use on the car. The other textures on the car are not right (wheels are not supposed to be chrome, headlights, etc.), but put them on to see some contrast and not just a blinn. It is yellow for now, as my girlfriend has not seen it yet and she hates yellow. I hope the color is ok!

Have a good day!!!! ;-)

BennyK 05-12-2008 02:31 AM

Amazing!
Great job so far. Just the finishing touches now :)
Keep it up
Benny

05-12-2008 02:35 AM

that is friggin awesome dude, love the work on the interior aswell... you gonna do any driver view style renders on it when its all set up?

oldhippie_tom 05-12-2008 04:42 AM

Acid and Benny, thank you very much!!! I was so afraid that the color would turn out awful, like a baby shit yellow. I am relived!! I am pleased with how it looks with a texture now. And Acid I hope to do such renders as that. Now that I have a car with an interior, I hope to try views like that.

Hope you guys are well and have a good day!!

oldhippie_tom 10-12-2008 03:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good afternoon once again. Sorry haven't had any updates in so long, but went away for a couple of days and came back with the flu. But got feeling like working on the project yesterday and got most of the headlight stuff textured. The rings that go around the headlight still need alot of work. Not even close on that yet. But I will leave that till I come back around to finalized everything and then I may have some ideas. I think maybe I will also put a bulb in the light on the left then also. Just trying to get alot of the texturing done now.

Hope everyone is well and getting into a holiday spirit!!!

tweetytunes 10-12-2008 03:36 AM

OMG how have I missed this thread - Fantastic work there well done

oldhippie_tom 10-12-2008 04:37 PM

Tweetytunes, thank you so much for you nice comments. I am glad that you liked it. And this project is alot of fun!!!

Have a good day!!!!

murambi 10-12-2008 06:11 PM

hioldhippie ca you point me in the direction of this tut as i cant do interior of cars right now by the way your lights look fantabulous

steven07 10-12-2008 06:19 PM

wow... VERY impressive!

oldhippie_tom 10-12-2008 06:20 PM

Murambi, here you go. I stumbled on it quite by accident. I think you will like the instructors in it. And he will show you a way of modeling I had not used. I did not know that there was a tool called Create Polygon Tool. You use the curves to snap to and create the first polygon and then append polygon by snapping to the curves. Interesting way to model. But he uses crease tool in everything. But he never gets into texturing or rendering and so he never Sub-d's the geometry.

I do hope you like it as much as I and learning that interior was worth alot to me!!!

http://www.3dbuzz.com/xcart/product.php?productid=35

oldhippie_tom 10-12-2008 06:21 PM

Thank you steven07!!! I appreciate that!!!

oldhippie_tom 10-12-2008 06:24 PM

I see that the page I sent was for all of the set. Let me check further for the individual tutorial.

oldhippie_tom 10-12-2008 06:31 PM

OK, I am guessing that they may have stopped selling it individually. I got it about 8 or 9 months ago and it was sold under the title of "Maya Advanced Modeling: Session II, Polygons Intensive: Automobiles". I have searched there website and I can only find it available as a set. And I only payed $40 and they want $140 for the set.

You may be able to search and find someone that sells it other than them.

I tried!! ;-)

murambi 10-12-2008 06:49 PM

140 bucks eeeffff it i will try and learn it on my own if itdoesnt work ill then buy it