Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Simply Avatar: Some Guy (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33540)

Chirone 10-01-2010 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Some Guy
Sorry to hijack the thread but here's an update :P
haha, funny

it looks awesome. soon you'll have another challenge medal ;)

chin looks good

Jay 10-01-2010 09:55 AM

Its not hard mate, just ignore your nose when it comes to it and do the proper Avatar Nose, thats the whole idea of the comp dont forget you can edit the mesh to suit.

Jay

THX1138 11-01-2010 02:57 AM

Nice progress Someguy! Keep working on that nose just as Jay recommends, and you will get it in no time.

Quote:

Too bad you cant enter THX, you could always do a Hand-Drawn version? I reckon you'd nail that!
I don't know, I would really rather do a CG version over a 2D version. 2D doesn't seem to do the AVATAR concept justice.

Some Guy 20-01-2010 12:16 PM

Hey all! No updates for a while :(
Zbrush keeps crashing and is majorly p***in me off!!! On a good note i have been accepted into uni so after a week or so of hectic preparation ill be free to finish this up!
Ciao

ColdWave 20-01-2010 12:32 PM

What uni ?
Profession ?

Everything is looking good so far.
my advice is that you can low the divisions and make some details on lower levels. And when you again up the divisions on high level you will have more details and more shapes...

Some Guy 24-01-2010 08:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay that didnt last long!
Got into a good photography course at Charles Sturt Uni, should be good fun!
Still trying to get this all refined, not sure about the likeness but i have alot of time to kill working on this.

Jay 24-01-2010 12:18 PM

I like the look of this now mate, looks like you need to rework the mouth area a bit, why not drop the mesh down to zero and back to maya for a tweak and save a morph target in Zb and then reimport the tweak and switch it, it should still keep the changes youve done in zb too

Jay

Some Guy 25-01-2010 01:21 AM

That was exactly my plan!
One question though, there is a problem with the mesh that i accidentally made on the nose, if i stitch together two polygons will the import still work?
Its not major if it wont, but i thought it needed to be the same Polygon count as the z brush one.

Some Guy 25-01-2010 01:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
hmmmm?

Chirone 25-01-2010 01:58 AM

whoa! awesome disease!
maybe the humans finally realised that violence isn't the way and that toxins are :p

did that happen after you reattached a new nose?

perhaps the vertex order suddenly got jumbled up between exports?
(from what i've been told and seen it's the vertex order that matters as well as the polycount)

Some Guy 25-01-2010 03:43 AM

Probably a silly question but what exactly is the vertex order?

stwert 25-01-2010 03:46 AM

Basically each vertex is assigned a number...
e.g. vertices 8 and 12 are connected.

Obviously if you insert/merge/delete any vertices, then 8 and 12 might not be what they were originally.

Simplistic explanation, but hope it helps?

Some Guy 25-01-2010 04:15 AM

Ahhh okay, hmm...
No vertex's where deleated or anything, just moved. I dont know :(

Chirone 25-01-2010 07:51 AM

i can't remember which option but when you export and/or import objs that are used between zb and maya there's something you need to untick

might be the groups option

daverave 26-01-2010 01:59 PM

sorry for late reply but just remember in zbrush you can fix symmetry.....dave

Some Guy 14-02-2010 11:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Havnt touched a computer in ages. Moving across the country in 4 days so i figure ill at least do a little more on this.
Any good?

Some Guy 03-03-2010 07:32 AM

Hello fellows! Unfortunatly i have run into a bit of trouble and the prospect of me finishing this is looking grim :(
I currently have 10 dollars in my wallet and have been mooching of my girlfriends family due to a big stuff up by Centerlink giving me my student payments. All my stuff is across the country and i cant get it here untill i get money so it might be a while before i get acess to a proper computer. Hopefully it works out soon though.
Toodles All

THX1138 06-03-2010 04:24 PM

Sorry to hear about that Some guy.

Some Guy 07-03-2010 04:34 AM

Ill be right hopefully. Turns out the government basically lied to me about what forms i needed to bring in but after some ranting and raving they finally will fix it. Still means another week without money.

Chirone 07-03-2010 09:45 AM

that still sucks...

hope everything fixes itself up soon