Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Work Area/Bedroom (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33883)

Dango77 15-03-2010 07:07 PM

Work Area/Bedroom

1 Attachment(s)
As I'm working on 4 different projects at the moment, and only one of them is a personal one, I thought I'd add another one to do, on and off when I need a break from the work stuff.

So after being inspired by several other people who have done the same, I've decided to model my bedroom, the general area I work in. Not done much so far, just my desk and a couple of chests of drawers, hopefully soon I'll get onto the more intricate fun stuff.

Dango77 16-03-2010 12:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Little bit more done.
It's taking a while as I'm modelling everything to scale, so measuring things is making it take a little longer. That and playing a bit of Xbox too...lol.

Rhetoric Camel 16-03-2010 01:37 AM

looking cool. I like that you're actually measuring and doing this to proper scale. I need to start doing that when modeling life objects.

Can't wait to see more.

jsprogg 16-03-2010 03:28 AM

Oh very dangerous ......... i started modeling my office and ended up making the whole house ..lol

a good start there Dango , i'll keep a eye on your progress ..hehe

Dango77 16-03-2010 11:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks RC, and Jsprogg,

RC: Cheers man, hadn't tried doing the whole measuring thing before, but figured it'd be the best way to make sure everything looks right in the end.

Jsprogg: Haha, I had already wondered if that'll happen, but as two of the rooms in my house are occupied by other people thankfully I won't really have the chance to!

Thanks for the kind words both of you!

Haven't done too much more this morning, but got the window frame in, it was quite a mission to make all the different levels, and grooves etc, and get them all the right sizes, but got there in the end!

daverave 16-03-2010 12:45 PM

Hi Dango77
Looking nice and clean, got any wire shot.............dave

Dango77 16-03-2010 01:23 PM

Thanks Dave,

Will post some wires once there's a few more objects in there, there's an absolute ton of crap in my room and it's not very big so will have to do a few to fit it all in. lol

Dango77 18-03-2010 01:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just finished modelling one of my monitors, I have two of these, so thankfully this one can just be duplicated, but the third is different so will have to model that one from scratch.

Dango77 18-03-2010 02:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pc's added, still some minor details to add to those and the monitors, but pretty much done with them.
Going to do the Keyboards and mice next, thankfully both of each are exactly the same again, so only need to duplicate them the same as I did with the monitors.
Makes me glad I didn't go for two different Pc setups! lol

daverave 18-03-2010 02:36 PM

Now your just showing off, two pcs...........LOL dave

Dango77 18-03-2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by daverave
Now your just showing off, two pcs...........LOL dave
Haha, if I were showing off Dave, I'd be bragging about the specs....lol! I've actually got 4 Pc's, one's very old and crappy, the other is being upgraded!
Just modellin' it how it is.....

Mayaniac 18-03-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dango77

Just modellin' it how it is.....

lmao...

Nice work man.

Dango77 21-03-2010 01:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Cheers Steve!

Not done too much more to this as it's the weekend and that means a lot less Maya time for me. But managed to get my keyboard done. Was probably the most difficult thing to work out measurements wise but got it sussed in the end.

Here's an AO render of all the Pc bits I've modelled so far (not in scene though) just the mouse to go and some cables etc.

ctbram 21-03-2010 01:38 AM

Looking good Dang. Nice hard surface work.

I don't dare do my room. It's a sty! ;)

Mayaniac 21-03-2010 06:40 AM

Looks nice. The AO render works well.

... external Hard-drive?

Dango77 21-03-2010 09:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys,

Steve, yep it is an external drive, did a quick render of it alone. In the scene it's hidden behind one of my Pc's and a chest of drawers so it'll probably never get seen again. lol

21-03-2010 09:49 AM

the scaling of the skateboard looks like it could use some work, either that or the big knobs on that one dresser, unless that's just how it is, other than that it's great man:beer:

Dango77 21-03-2010 10:46 AM

Cheers Acid,

The skateboard was a little too wide at first, have since scaled it in a bit, the knobs on the dresser are pretty big so that may be making it look a little off too I guess.

Dango77 25-03-2010 01:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Have been doing one of the more fun looking objects in my room, a model of R2D2, got the basics done to his body and head, just need to add the legs and finish off any little details now. He'll probably be quite small in the final image so not going over the top with the details.

ctbram 25-03-2010 02:28 PM

Looks good. If the top flipped open he would make a nice trash dispenser. ;)

Dango77 25-03-2010 03:42 PM

Haha, actually there is a full size replica of him you can get that is a bin, always wanted one but I have neither the room, or the money to waste on something like that! lol

Oneday though....

G-Man 25-03-2010 05:11 PM

...nice looking r2 unit there DAngo.
only thing is the replica you have doesn't appear to be true to life...or..form, you can see what i mean here in the image i'm going to post. look at the horozontal blue ...paneling jus under his..erm...neck.

non the less. the image in its self is lovely.
usps mail box
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1002/...c788635c5e.jpg

g-man

Dango77 25-03-2010 05:31 PM

Haha. that's a cool mail box! Yeah, haven't done those blue bits yet, was thinking I may do that in the texturing stage. My model isn't really a proper replica, it's actually a shampoo bottle!

I'm kind of going for somewhere inbetween that and a replica, if I did it the way it actually looks it's be to crappy plastic looking, and I also don't want to go full realistic either, as it's only one small object amongst a ton of crap on my desk...lol

Cheers for the comments Zombi, and the brilliant image, going to save that one....

Dango77 25-03-2010 07:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Little bit more done, just a few small details to do and I'm calling him done.

ctbram 26-03-2010 02:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
That's one smart robot! Boo bop beep whistle whistle ding ding!

Mayaniac 26-03-2010 02:14 PM

haha nice!

Nice R2 Dango.

Dango77 27-03-2010 12:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cheers guys, and thanks ctbram for finishing my pic off...lol

Finished R2 and started on the next object on my desk, my phone. NokiaN95, need to add the buttons on the sides but it's almost finished.

daverave 27-03-2010 12:26 PM

Very nice and clean modelling are tou going to texture..............dave

tweetytunes 27-03-2010 01:26 PM

I`m thinking alot of uv work to be done.

Looking very good so far

Mayaniac 27-03-2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by tweetytunes
I`m thinking alot of uv work to be done.

* shudder* ... just the thought of it.

Nice work on the phone.

Chirone 27-03-2010 10:43 PM

you're going fast!

man... if i were to do my room... that'd take SO long...

looks really awesome!

is taht external harddrive a seagate one? looks like the one behind my monitors

Mayaniac 28-03-2010 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chirone
you're going fast!

man... if i were to do my room... that'd take SO long...

Yeah, know what you mean. Would take decades for me too.

Dango77 28-03-2010 10:13 PM

Cheers for the comments people!

I will be having a go at texturing all this once the modelling is done, and I have had the same thoughts on the UV mapping, so am trying not thinking about it too much at the moment.....lol

and Chirone, yep, it is a Seagate one, in black, not the silver.

Had a break from it over the weekend, have got another project piece I want to do some work on tomorrow, but will probably get some more done to this too hopefully.

tweetytunes 29-03-2010 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dango77

I will be having a go at texturing all this once the modelling is done, and I have had the same thoughts on the UV mapping, so am trying not thinking about it too much at the moment.....lol

I used to work like that but then every time I got to it I lost interest and want to model something else. What I do now is model and UV then carry on and then paint the textures, just to keep the interest up.

Failing that having a second project on the go also really helps.

Dango77 29-03-2010 10:19 AM

Yeah, you make a good point Tweety! I would do that usually I think, I have done it that way with the last couple of projects I've done. Just decided to try leaving it this time, hopefully I won't regret it! lol

Luckily I have several projects on the go at once at the moment, so shouldn't get bored, or have time to really!

Dango77 01-04-2010 05:03 PM

Unfortunately I'm going to have to put this project on hold, typical of me I decided in the middle of modelling my room, to move rooms to another! lol!

So I will have to remodel the room part of it once I've got myself settled. More measuring to be done....yay......lol