Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finished Work (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   ATAT (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33889)

paldav 17-03-2010 04:46 AM

ATAT

1 Attachment(s)
After a bit of a lay off i finaly got round to finishing my ATAT

paldav 17-03-2010 04:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
last one

daverave 17-03-2010 07:57 AM

Hi paldav

Looking good, could do with a little colour...........dave

iamcreasy 17-03-2010 04:44 PM

post a clay render.

paldav 17-03-2010 06:09 PM

thanks guys, dont know how to do a clay render though....

you woudnt believe the problems ive had trying to animate the walk cycle, think i will go mad first!

bullet1968 03-04-2010 10:17 AM

aaahhhhhh all I can say is WOW!!! Makes my Spitfire attempt very humble, that is good. I disagree with dave though, nice and dark/dirty looking is the way to go. Military weapons shouldnt be bright and snazzy like the movies make out, maybe a little snow on it?? They were on Empire Strikes back visibly werent they? I dont remember them anywhere else? Endor? i seem to remember a couple of them patrolling the Empires base there, I could be wrong.

Bloody good effort dude

bullet1968 03-04-2010 10:26 AM

You are good at mechs, have you thought about doing the Nostromo? nice dark/dirty/scary realistic ship. I think the basic shape was based on the pulse rifle.

cheers bullet

paldav 04-04-2010 04:08 PM

Bullet, nice to have an "original" star wars fan on the forum, u an me are the same age i think, so wer'e talkin Alien, Blade runner, Dark star, Silent running etc...

First thing i wanted to do was model star wars stuff! bellow is the link to my old star wars modelling thread, and the short crappy film that came of it....one day i shall return!

http://srv01.simply3dworld.com/showt...ight=star+wars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFEkfJ11gAI

bullet1968 05-04-2010 12:43 AM

Oh yeh mate, now you are talking!!!

Alien was a cracker, saw it when I was a teenager, scared the crap out of me. Star Wars, I was 11 I think!!! Blade Runner is one of my favourites and Rutger played the part superbly, you are showing your age.

I vaguley remember Dark Star ( I was really young!) and Silent Running was actually very sad (with an enviro message).

Didnt like the last 3 Star Wars mate, didnt have the same impact the originals did. Battlestar Galactica TOS was also a BIG fave of mine, I loved the Cylon Raider craft, I think they had a real classy look to them.

I will check out your links now, keep up the good work man!!

Cheers Bullet

bullet1968 05-04-2010 12:48 AM

Mate those models are pretty damn good!!! LOVE the dirty look, anyone that thinks ships should be shiny is in a pink room I reckon. Gotta love the DIRTY lokk, thats what real life is. Yeh you might have to watch the movies again!! (any excuse I reckon!!). Empire strikes back is the best I reckon.

cheers bullet

Short film is BLOODY impressive dude, I like it!! BTW I bought the Tie-fighter Jedi fighte bundle, so as soon as I have finished the Spitfire I will have a crack at it. Might even start downloading and get the basic shape happening, wish me luck, hahahaha I will need it by the looks.

paldav 05-04-2010 05:28 AM

There is somthing you must do...now that you have demonstrated your wisdom in these matters!

There was a comedy series on here a few years ago ( With Simon Pegg - Shawn of the dead)

called Spaced

You must get hold of it. Its about a layabout comic artist who lives in a shared house with some weired freinds, each episode mirrors a film, platoon, matrix etc and the plot of star wars is a reccuring theme throughout , check it out!

bullet1968 05-04-2010 06:45 AM

Ok mate,

I will try and locate it on the net dude, I think I have heard of it! Cant remember whether it played in Australia or not, might have been a Fox channel. Never the less I shall investigate my man.

Cheers bullet

If it is a s good as Hitchhikers Guide (the original) Im sure I will like it. Now that was a piss funny show man, the books were just as good.

paldav 06-04-2010 08:11 PM

Totaly agree, what the ...... was the movie trying to be?

when i get chance, terry pratchet is the main man though!

Bit off topic now but if you love good inteligent comedy..black books!

bullet1968 06-04-2010 09:59 PM

Im more into fantasy atm, one author only though 'Raymond Feist', bloody good reads!!!

If you like comedy with a twist try the fiction on 'Les Norton' a bouncer from Queensland. Rob Garret I think is the author, about the mafia/underbelly of Sydney, funnt mate, I mean funnnnyyy!!!

Cheers bullet.

Black books?????? please tell.

And the movie was mud!!!! didnt like it at all.

paldav 08-04-2010 07:15 PM

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever is a trilogy of fantasy novels by Stephen R. Donaldson
You must read these if you like fantasy with deffinate adult moral and philosophical themes. Before i make them sound too boring the secon book has one of the very best large scale battles in it ever set into print!!!

bullet1968 08-04-2010 11:23 PM

Sounds good, A Darkness at Sethanon has some wicked battles, some magic and plenty of blood and guts, I have read it 5 times last count.