Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   1 On 1 Battles (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   daverave(under attack) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34193)

daverave 15-07-2010 04:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks gster123

Not shore if this is better?

daverave 15-07-2010 04:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another angle

stwert 15-07-2010 04:28 PM

I think the second one was best (the one prior to this latest one). Also, I'm not quite sure about the side exhaust.... maybe it should be a different type? Can't really say, but somehow it doesn't quite look right. But the back looks awesome. Keep it up! You're putting a lot of work into this one, thumbs up.

daverave 15-07-2010 05:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks stwert
Gone back to the one you like and have changed the omitter for the side motor..........dave

daverave 15-07-2010 08:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hope this is the last one on the engine exausts, next rocket hitting engine.............dave

bullet1968 15-07-2010 09:19 PM

fire6 shot looks sweet mate...looks really cool man..keep it up mate!!!! cant wait for the ending!

cheers bullet

daverave 16-07-2010 04:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Working on the missile exaust nearly there..............dave

daverave 16-07-2010 07:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think this one is better, any thoughts..........dave

Edit:I will change the missile once I have sorted out the thruster

honestdom 16-07-2010 07:17 PM

i like the second one, but then it all depends on how it looks in the animation. you should be testing that and not just still frames.

this missile looks fine. I imagine it will be about that size on screen, so it serves its purpose.

Perfecto 16-07-2010 10:22 PM

Hi daverave,
The last missle exhaust you posted looks the best to me.

daverave 17-07-2010 07:11 AM

Thanks Hammer,Perfecto
This my sound like a stupid question but what is the best format to save out as a animation(for the net) and were is the best place to post it...........dave

bullet1968 17-07-2010 07:59 AM

Im probably wrong again dave....I use WMV for vids for the net BUT I manage them with Nero 7. So if you have an avi I import then export as WMV as you can nominate either quality or size on the file.

Or after you get an avi Sornsen Squeeze apparently is really good for compression??

To post I would either open a 'Dropbox" account like I have (its free) or 'Yousendit'?? I think starj has 'Vimeo' and uses that. Then you only have to post the link.

If you get the link then post here??

I wanna see this mate.......

cheers bullet

P.S if none of the above is helpful...feel free to ply me with alcohol until I cant stand...

bullet1968 17-07-2010 08:07 AM

dave there is another for compression called "Zwei-Stein' its free...but I havent really used it.

daverave 17-07-2010 01:46 PM

Dont think I will be able to do a animation for this comp all my batch render files are coming out crupt, will just do stills for now, I am gutted a hour and a half waisted rendering. Will try and fix after the comp. Did try on my pod racer batch rendering and that worked so it must be the scene file.............dave

honestdom 17-07-2010 04:55 PM

you could just playblast it.

what are your render out as?

daverave 17-07-2010 05:19 PM

I tried a lot of formats they are all comming out crupt

daverave 17-07-2010 07:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Back to the job in hand...........dave

stwert 17-07-2010 07:27 PM

What are you reading the image files with... maybe that's the problem?

daverave 17-07-2010 07:39 PM

There not showing in windows as the correct icon,photoshop paint, Like I said earler I change to a nother scene "pod racer" that created batch render ok, must be the scene file. Sorry to change the subject does any one know how to change the end key frame for a motion path............dave

I will reconstuct the scene again because I want to see how it will animate but for this battle I just do not have the time

daverave 18-07-2010 05:24 PM

I now now what the problem is with the batch render, for some reason maya was leaving the file extention(.tif) of rendered file, how do you change a load of file extentions at the same time?...............dave

gster123 18-07-2010 05:47 PM

I would create an action script on photoshop or import an image sequence into something like After effects then export out as a different image format

daverave 18-07-2010 06:37 PM

The problem is the files have no file extention,all the programme do not see the as readable files

gster123 18-07-2010 06:42 PM

Ahh right.

Just select them in windows explorer and rename them with .tif (or whatever the extension is) at the end and it should open them no problem (test it out on a single image).

If you have them all selected windows will auto rename them with a number.

daverave 18-07-2010 07:30 PM

Thanks for your help gster123
Yes I have been changing them one at a time but will not allow me to rename the lot with the file extention..............dave

Chirone 19-07-2010 01:28 AM

i'm sure there's a way to mass rename files.. adobe bridge can do it if you have that
if you're on a mac you'd use automator
if you have neither you can use the command line, but i don't know how you do that, i might be able to find out

daverave 20-07-2010 01:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for all support
This is my final entry for this battle, I will carry on with this and make a animation and finish texturing at a later date. all you see was made in maya, the only thing I am not happy with is the explostion and hope to fix that........will upload to finish work to add pole............dave

stwert 20-07-2010 04:19 PM

Sweet, great job! I do like the explosion, even if you're not happy with it. I'd recommend throwing a quick background on there, just to finish it off. Are you using default lighting?

daverave 20-07-2010 06:33 PM

Thanks stwert
I plan to do a animation and more of a short story, I only started on the explostion yesterday and its not animated yet, I had a look around for a back ground but could not fined what I was looking for will see if I can make one in paintfx. I have just two directional lights I wanted to keep it simple.................thanks again dave

Edit:The explostion might be ok, it could be the rocket flare being to sharp as it merges with the explostion? I could cut back on the rocket exaust as it hits?

bullet1968 20-07-2010 09:15 PM

Good job mate...that is going to look cool when its animated. I agree with stwert...the exlosion is actually ok dave..yeh maybe dim the missile trail just as it hits. Good effort mate.

cheers bullet

daverave 20-07-2010 09:20 PM

Hi Bullet
Do me a favour, just go and vote I dont mind if its for me or not........dave

Edit:I dont do these things to win but to learn faster and it has worked for me.........dave

bullet1968 20-07-2010 09:41 PM

Ok mate.....thats a bloody hard one!!! You are both on an even keel as far as Im concerned

cheers bullet

will do it when I get to work

Edit: where do you vote??? Im a dummy

daverave 20-07-2010 10:01 PM

Finish work Bullet
You vote for who ever you want to, have I said your my best freind..............LOL.........dave

please vote for what you think is best as simple as that

bullet1968 21-07-2010 12:44 AM

Ok its like this from me....a dead heat dave BUT I think IMO you would have won if you had time to animate and texture.

Here I have it

Animation : starj

Textures : starj

Originality : dave

Effects : dave (based on stills)

Completion : starj

So starj gets my vote as it was completed to the specs

Quote :
The rules are,

deadline July 20th
Objective create a missile\torpedo to blow a car, spaceship, boat, sub, airplane, etc.. up with maya
Texturing outside maya is allowed
There will be a poll to determine the winner

I hope my impartial vote hasnt affected our relationship dave...LOL you would have pipped him at the post if you had animation!! and texture. starj was simple yet effective though you had a more complex model by the looks. Well done both of you...great efforts and comradery.

cheers bullet

daverave 21-07-2010 09:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Fair comment Bullet.
Like I have said before I will carry on with this as in general I like the results that I have made, the only thing that was not animated was the explosion that needs to be key framed. I was put back by the problems with rendering a batch file but I can manualy change the files. I have got a batch render (need file changed) I will post after the 25th dead line. There are a few things that I need to do namely texturing the hull and animating the explostion and setting up some form of platform for the missile to be fired from. But like I said I will wait till after the 25th............Like I have said I realy injoyed doing this but will not be able to do any battles till I have finished this (my baby)...............LOL dave

bullet1968 21-07-2010 10:35 AM

Well I am extremely disappointed dave....just shattered..completely broken mate. I dont know if I can go on...really...bahahahahahahahah

Nah mate...just kidding. I would really like to see you finish this, I know you had probs but I hope you can sort them out?? Your explosion (IMO!!) was very realistic looking...I liked it a lot. Starj had a good model too and his animation went well (I still see a secret squirrel missile LOL).

In the end I hope you had fun...at least you can have a crack at it..Im too scared and too busy with real life models..they are a bitch...but I will give you some???

Oh and an idea to stretch your amazing talent?? how about the dropship...dropping the bombs/cargo JUST before the missile hit over a battelfield??? I will do a DTM of the battlefield if you like??? THAT I can do

cheers bullet

Edit: or..or being hit by a metoerite whilst dropping terraforming modules in a hostile environment??? sorry

bullet1968 21-07-2010 10:51 AM

dave....I just renamed a series of jpegs....got 10 selected then hit rename (XP) and renamed the first one and it then gave the name with a (number) and extension...would that work for you?

daverave 21-07-2010 11:48 AM

Hi Bullet
I got windows 7 it will batch change names only not extentions witch will be a problem for me as I wanted to do layer rendering say a normal render of 200 frames with rendering layer would be 1200 frames to change. The problem is with only this scene, I did try to export parts out but the problem remained with the parts. I was thinking on the lines of bropping a bomb, if you notice each bomb has 4 jets at the end of the fins these would light up after dropping..................dave

bullet1968 21-07-2010 12:35 PM

oooohhhh nnnooooo saw the intention mate....I knew what you were doing ( I think).

The concept of a simple drop....maximum thrust at a sedate speed...with maximum damage is good. The less offensive energy....with maximum damage means the pilots of said craft are theoretically suicidal....coooollllll

Like a Herc gunship?? kinda..they are bloody cool. Thats what it reminds me of...an (A10) on coffee.

cheers bullet

daverave 21-07-2010 12:47 PM

Hi Bullet
Your mail box is full..........dave

bullet1968 21-07-2010 12:50 PM

Sanchu barramundi

Yes we are related....I havent had a real alcohol drink for a few months...now Im a letch and drunk on 6 stubbies.

Mailbox edited

cheers bullet

Edit: oh and listening to 'Classical Gas" eric Clapton...stoned....flu....lush...lushed..hic...ba hahahaha