Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   A day at the Studio (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34481)

gster123 13-10-2010 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by murambi
so how exactly do you get time to do this other stuff like outlaws comic if most of your days are like this
Jay's superhuman. He also worked on Hawkins Universe so maybe the good prof let him in on some way of interdimensional time travel, or splitting himself into more than one incarnation of himself.

Nice insight Jay!

Steve

Jay 13-10-2010 10:05 AM

LOL Steve. Ive actually cloned myself LOL.

Murambi: Basically Outlaws hasnt been updated for a fair while because I've been busy. Leads and seniors have the larger responsibility of a production, so they have to go to meetings, make sure stuff is right and so on, and sometimes that means staying late while the other artists have all gone home.

At the moment Im doing Outlaw over time on weekends, so its taking longer to get done as weekends are limited too because I need to have a life, or at least a bit of one LOL. Plus I need to wash my pants at some point, as theres only so many times you can reverse them in a week.

cheers
J

G-Man 13-10-2010 07:00 PM

See that's the best part of working form home mate.
I can go to work in my P.J.'s!.. no need to wash pants until i run out of food!
Heh
g-man

marlonjohn 16-10-2010 03:04 AM

Sounds like a lot of fun... great write-up jay :)

Jay 16-10-2010 08:24 AM

LOL, the best part about working from is being at home, but for me it kind of sucks as I love the studio atmosphere - the buzz of knowing a film is being made. Being at home day in and out is not good for the head as you tend to work more and play less, balance is key, and a bit of interaction with others is good too. though generally Im pretty quiet at work just doing the do.

Yeah we do have a good laugh too when the opportunity arises. From what can be a quiet working environment can turn into a real riot and everyone can break the mould and laugh about, but the team are well drilled and we can snap out of it as quickly as it started.

good stuff

Jay

halfloaf 16-10-2010 02:28 PM

Great thread and thanks for the write-up Jay! Very informative!

Amazing how my day is very similar except I'm in Architecture and Design as an associate designer. The higher up the more meetings you go to!

Rhetoric Camel 16-10-2010 06:49 PM

I would so love to get into a job like this, but I don't know if I have the talent to do it... plus going to school is extremely hard for me with a full time job already going... sounds like your work is pretty fun yet hard work at the same time...

Nilla 07-12-2010 05:57 PM

I missed this first time around cool read cheers mate.

Dave :)

Mayaniac 07-12-2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss_Nova (Post 311061)
I missed this first time around cool read cheers mate.

Dave :)

Dave? Identity crisis!

stwert 07-12-2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayaniac (Post 311067)
Dave? Identity crisis!

It's Miss Dava :alien::twins::giggle:

Nilla 07-12-2010 08:51 PM

I think the new site's just starting to get to him, wouldn't surprise me if he starts swaying around in my underwear as well any day now:mstickle:

Nilla aka Dave

3dStudent 07-12-2010 11:04 PM

Jay, could you give me an approximation of the total man hours a char model or prop or whatever is budgeted to take? I know my models arent up to par YET but whats worse I believe I take too many years to complete each one.

marlonjohn 08-12-2010 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayaniac (Post 311067)
Dave? Identity crisis!

Hahahahahaha!! Dammit, thats funny i laughed so hard i spat all my breakfast onto keyboard :(

mtmckinley 08-12-2010 04:03 AM

Cool post, Jay! I'm a Senior Environment Artist, but I don't have any of the responsibilities you do. At our studio, you would probably be classified as a Lead. I would give a write up about my day, but it wouldn't be as exciting as yours. ;)

stwert 08-12-2010 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtmckinley (Post 311080)
I would give a write up about my day, but it wouldn't be as exciting as yours. ;)

Please do :happy: It's always interesting to hear what life is like "in the industry".