Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Site News & Announcements (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New Simply Maya Site (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34672)

Nilla 01-12-2010 03:50 PM

Again thanks a lot for the feedback Mayaniac and 3dStudent and everyone in this thread.

We just changed the color scheme for a test, we swapped the light purple and the white around between the actual post and the user details. I think it makes the text more readable but I also feel like it's a bit too white and bright like this, kind of jumps at you. I think what we'll do is swap it back to what it was and then just darken the text a bit to make it more readable. Does seem like the best solution.

Let me know what you guys think and we'll figure it out together.

stwert 01-12-2010 05:42 PM

I was just about to say that the text was hard to read in the posts, and then suddenly I realized that it wasn't so bad, and I didn't know if my eyes were adjusting, and then I saw you'd changed it. Yes, I'm not a fan of the light grey text... too hard on the eyes.

Other than that, looks super great! AWESOME! Although, I just noticed that there seems to be a problem with shift left or right arrow selecting text in this reply box... maybe it's my computer.

Nilla 01-12-2010 05:53 PM

Cheers stwert:) We just changed the text to a much darker grey a few minutes ago, I think it works a lot better than the light grey so unless there's any objections we'll keep the text as it is now.

There is a problem with the arrow keys, we're working on getting it fixed right now.

Gen 01-12-2010 06:09 PM

Oh snap! This is nice! Loving the new smilies lol :giggle:. Now I'm off to poke around.

Mayaniac 01-12-2010 06:13 PM

Text is a lot better now.

stwert 01-12-2010 06:15 PM

I also should say that I'm missing the logo icon in the location bar/tab page title :playfull: (?). Keep up the great work!

murambi 01-12-2010 06:17 PM

i feel like a kid in a candy store the site looks amazingly refreshing well done David and Nilla

halfloaf 01-12-2010 08:34 PM

Corrr! I Like!

Rhetoric Camel 01-12-2010 10:40 PM

Loving the new site, and really like the forums with the pictures next to the post title on the main screen. Awesome work. The new design/layout makes me want to buy tutorials.

David 01-12-2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GecT (Post 310755)
Oh snap! This is nice! Loving the new smilies lol :giggle:. Now I'm off to poke around.

Ya I love the little smilies :wavespin:

Dave :)

THX1138 01-12-2010 10:58 PM

I like the new layout except for the white background. The white background washes out a bit of the detail in the pics, just as it did with the old layout. How about making the background grey instead?

David 01-12-2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THX1138 (Post 310772)
I like the new layout except for the white background. The white background washes out a bit of the detail in the pics, just as it did with the old layout. How about making the background grey instead?

When this site is done. Resources section and other goodies to add yet. And when I've optimized all the pages I intend to add a 'turn out the lights' feature which will turn both the forum and the main site darker.

My personal preference is for white I just find it easier to use. Can't stand black and dark grey sites. But I'll add the option to turn out the lights as its not about me (well a little bit about me lol)

Dave ;)

Rhetoric Camel 02-12-2010 01:33 AM

@THX1138 For the white backgrounds, it used to bother me but I don't mind them anymore. In firefox I changed all white backgrounds to a lighter gray going to Tools>Options>Contents Tab>Colors and adjusting the background color there, make sure to uncheck the "Allow pages to choose their own colors." Don't know if that's useful to you but figured I'd share just in case.

THX1138 02-12-2010 01:55 AM

@Rhetoric Camel, Yeah I have already tried that a long time ago. The problem with that is when you go to another website......

The 'turn out the lights' feature sounds great david!

marlonjohn 02-12-2010 04:24 AM

I didn't really believe this day would ever come, but it HAS! :inlove: loving the overall design and scheme of things, its definitely a fresh start to a new simplymaya :giggle:

My hat goes off to both David and Nilla... great job you too!